Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We're doing family Christmas gift suggestions and such last night and my wife wanted a hand-operated quilt cutting machine. Basically a roller that presses fabric down over a die and cuts the shapes. Anyway, runs about $250. I showed the kids and they got excited and we ordered it. She asks, "Honey, did you get my wish list?" (She had texted me the direct link to what she wanted.) "Yep, thanks dear." "What do you want? You're always so specific that you're hard to buy for." (annual observation) I told her, "I don't need anything. I sold a couple of guns and a set of binoculars last month and then bought the binocular that I've always wanted. It should be here this week." "Oh, great. So I don't have to buy you anything?" "Nope." "Thanks honey!" "How much was it?" "Some questions you don't want the answer to. Did you notice a big hit in the checkbook?" "No, I didn't see anything." "Exactly. Ignorance is bliss. Trust me."
My Swarovski SLC binoculars will be here soon... grin

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I always tell my wife" I just sold a bunch of stuff" when I bring something new home!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep! Oldest loonie explanation in existence... Have used it several times this year!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A little mystery in a marriage is a good thing...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just gaze into those blue eyes and say, "Bitch.....!"

https://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the amount of shoes that get delivered to our doorstep, I have no problem with full transparency in what I buy. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife complained about my guns expenditures this week.
I told her that when I die she will inherit plenty of money.
She said she is looking forward to it.

I hope your conversation goes better.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SKane
With the amount of shoes that get delivered to our doorstep, I have no problem with full transparency in what I buy. grin

LMFAO now that is funny. I have the same problem with pocketbooks delivered to our front door.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Huntz
I always tell my wife" I just sold a bunch of stuff" when I bring something new home!!!!

THIS, if anything at all.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I told my wife I'm going to use my bonus to go hunting in Africa. So then when I don't go, it sounds like a deal when I only spend a few thousand on a rifle. Probably works for glass to.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got a big chuckle out of this thread.....thanks fellas!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I do too. And it's almost always the truth. And remember Man Rule #42.8 "If you get it into the place of residence and it resides there, without comment, whether visible or concealed, for 48 hours, you have 'always had that'". grin

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought some Binos, A Bushnell LRHS (used here on the fire), a Leupold GR spotter (used here on the fire), and some Kuiu gear (during the 30% off sale) over the last 2 weeks and was feeling pretty guilty. We took the boys down to the Gaylord Texas on Sunday to go to all the Christmas stuff there and then on the way home Monday my wife went to the Louis Vuitton store and got a new handbag. When they cost that much they are no longer referred to as purses. I feel much better now....and much worse....

Last edited by SoonerWing; 11/22/16.
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

My wife isn't much of a spender, so I don't have that reciprocity argument.

Selmer

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where's the guy that bought the bipod and had to sleep on the couch?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wife knows I don't sell anything.

Could care less what I buy as long as we have the cash to cover it. Same with her, I could care less.

We have to be careful when she wants a new gun and I want a new scope or such at the same time....

The last gun purchase was her glock 20, and then reloading stuff, case of ammo, tanker holster, 22 upper for the glock and well lets just stay its more than the 500 buck gun was for sure.... LOL

Of course she doesn't say a thing when I say we need acouple thousand more dollars of powder again etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
where's the guy that bought the bipod and had to sleep on the couch?

Is bipod code for a two legged hooker?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

thats funny........same here..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no, no code.

but I bet he was wishing it was after a couple nights of being the sofa king sleeper.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Wife knows I don't sell anything.

Could care less what I buy as long as we have the cash to cover it. Same with her, I could care less.

We have to be careful when she wants a new gun and I want a new scope or such at the same time....

The last gun purchase was her glock 20, and then reloading stuff, case of ammo, tanker holster, 22 upper for the glock and well lets just stay its more than the 500 buck gun was for sure.... LOL

Of course she doesn't say a thing when I say we need acouple thousand more dollars of powder again etc....

If we had that kind of disposable income, she wouldn't either. But we're not there yet.

Selmer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.