Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I'm sure some have already seen this (they've been on sale for about a week), but Cabelas is having a nice sale on their Euro Instinct 3-9x40 scopes - duplex or ext reticles for $250 each.

I've read good things about the Meopro (which is what I understand these to be) and decided to try one out.

Cabelas link

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is a screaming deal, I now own a few of them. These are indeed Meopro, and are essentially the original Zeiss Conquest as Meopta made those for Zeiss.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great deal I love my Meopta fixed 6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bersh; 11/23/16.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
How are you supposed to put a flip up lens cover over that ugly azz fast focus ring ?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don't use ugly azz flip up lense covers. The scope comes with much better lense covers anyway.

I have an older Zeiss Conquest and bought one of these with the ext reticles when they were priced at $279 about a year ago. I also had a $99 off coupon at the time. I liked it enough to order a 2nd one at $250 yesterday. I don't even have a rifle that needs one, but this was a $650 scope when it had Zeiss labels on it a few years ago.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
How are you supposed to put a flip up lens cover over that ugly azz fast focus ring ?

I didn't know that was a prerequisite for a hunting scope.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just like any other scope. You must be a Leupold snob and prefer to focus the same way scopes were focused 50 years ago.

The scope comes with rubber flip off covers that are pretty nice, so you don't need the flip caps.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane

It sure the hell is with me. I won't hunt a rifle without them. It's either raining, sleeting or snowing most of the time here during deer season and I won't fugg around with any other type of lens covers when hunting. Unless you live in the fuggin desert or your hunting is in open country with lots of time to prepare for a shot or you hunt mostly out of blinds or you're just a fair weather hunter, they're pretty damned indespensible.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bersh

Just like any other scope. You must be a Leupold snob and prefer to focus the same way scopes were focused 50 years ago.

The scope comes with rubber flip off covers that are pretty nice, so you don't need the flip caps.
Those rubber flip off covers suck azz and no I don't have any use for fast focus eye pieces. All my scopes have the old fashioned ocular bell/lock ring focus and that's the way it's gonna stay.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Like this!

First pic in my Photobucket with one.... I can dig deeper if you want a closer pic. Butler Creek's work fine on them.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It sure the hell is with me. I won't hunt a rifle without them. It's either raining, sleeting or snowing most of the time here during deer season and I won't fugg around with any other type of lens covers when hunting. Unless you live in the fuggin desert or your hunting is in open country with lots of time to prepare for a shot or you hunt mostly out of blinds or you're just a fair weather hunter, they're pretty damned indespensible.

I don't live in the desert. And, I manage.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Like this!

First pic in my Photobucket with one.... I can dig deeper if you want a closer pic. Butler Creek's work fine on them.

[Linked Image]
Two questions. Do they actually seal over that big grooved ring and have you ever tried to wiggle the fast fucus eyepiece while looking through the scope ? Most I've tried have some play in the ring and you can see the crosshairs move on target when they do.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

It's easy to look good when you hunt in great places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's easy to look good when you hunt in great places.

I see. You hunt uphill both ways and there isn't a sole that's better at it than you are.
It's a big world - you should experience it sometime.

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Like this!

[Linked Image]
Two questions. Do they actually seal over that big grooved ring and have you ever tried to wiggle the fast fucus eyepiece while looking through the scope ? Most I've tried have some play in the ring and you can see the crosshairs move on target when they do.

They do seal up ok on the ocular, or at least as well as on anything. I've had BC's leak on me before on Leupold's. In FACT, my very first fight on the Campfire (sigh.... nostalgia.... grin) was because I said that, and someone thought that was STRICTLY VERBOTEN to say so!

I have not tried tried wiggling it. Dunno about that. My Conquests have as a rule been very solid mechanically though.

Hey, like what you like, no arguments from me. Just wanted to pitch in since I've used BC's on 4 different models of Conquest and I do hunt in the rain.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Jeff. Might need to give one a more serious look.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't need one Ken you don't need one ken you don't need one ken

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If only they had the #4 reticle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
right?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.