24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone running the cooper at3's? I am looking at them for my next tire in my 3/4 ton diesel. I am mostly concerned about road noise, as I tend to put lots of long mileage days in during the summer months.

GB2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I ran the AT 3's on a 2002 F350 with truck camper on it, no issues. Just bought a Ram 3500 and put some 295/70/18 AT3's on so we will see what they are like. I also have some AT3's on my Tacoma and they have held up great in the rocks/snow.Great treadwear warranty also.

I've got Cooper STT Maxx's. They are a superb tire. Tread is slightly less aggressive than some true M/T's but more aggressive than any A/T. Road noise is, surprisingly, negligible. They're a great compound; wear like iron and come in load range E. They have great traction, both forward and lateral, which is often overlooked but nonetheless useful. They deflate well for offroad traction and then air right back up to full capacity when you hit the asphalt.

Edit to add: the tires are studdable for potentially increased snow traction, and they're siped so wet traction is also very solid.

Last edited by RushCC; 11/20/16.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ended up buying Toyo E rated tires from treaddepot.com for a significant savings. Delivered to my door and had Discount Tire mount and balance for $140. Haven't put many miles on them but they ride nice enough and aren't too noisy. AT II model.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RushCC
I've got Cooper STT Maxx's. They are a superb tire. Tread is slightly less aggressive than some true M/T's but more aggressive than any A/T. Road noise is, surprisingly, negligible. They're a great compound; wear like iron and come in load range E. They have great traction, both forward and lateral, which is often overlooked but nonetheless useful. They deflate well for offroad traction and then air right back up to full capacity when you hit the asphalt.

Edit to add: the tires are studdable for potentially increased snow traction, and they're siped so wet traction is also very solid.
Cooper's web site shows an S-T Maxx but no STT Maxx. Is that they tire you're talking about?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm getting a little annoyed (well, a lot annoyed) at what the local guys want to balance and mount a tire. On the Semi, we stopped balancing, and started using the counteract beads to balance, and we don't need the shop anymore. Mount tire on rim, add beads, inflate, bolt on and go.

Anyone have any experience with balance beads in pickup tires?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm getting a little annoyed (well, a lot annoyed) at what the local guys want to balance and mount a tire. On the Semi, we stopped balancing, and started using the counteract beads to balance, and we don't need the shop anymore. Mount tire on rim, add beads, inflate, bolt on and go.

Anyone have any experience with balance beads in pickup tires?

I have a set of Balance Masters on my Ram 2500 and they work very well. Pricey, but worth the good ride.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have never heard of balance beads, will they effect TPMS ?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
This is from their FAQ's:

A: Most TPMS sensors that thread onto the valve stem, such as the Pressure Pro, will require a filtered valve core.

Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is an integral part of the valve stem, Dyna Beads will not cause any problems, but you won't be able to install the beads using the Applicator. See examples here

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
This is from their FAQ's:

A: Most TPMS sensors that thread onto the valve stem, such as the Pressure Pro, will require a filtered valve core.

Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is an integral part of the valve stem, Dyna Beads will not cause any problems, but you won't be able to install the beads using the Applicator. See examples here

Thanks for the info.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bfg at ko2

Snowflake rated unlike a lot of mud and AT tires if you see much snow....

This is a better tire than the KO it replaced 2 years ago

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BFG AT KO2

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by tikkanut

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BFG AT KO2

YES. Very happy with KO2's second gen on my F150 off-road and on.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

the boss..........

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just put the 285/65r20 KO2's on my FX4 after having the same size KO for the last 45,000 miles, they would've gone further but I never once rotated them. The fronts had no tread left on the edges but the backs had 7/32 after 45k miles!

I used tirerack.com pricing to get discount tire to come down and match the price!
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO2
the size i got was $299
on sale down from 366$

Last edited by SAKO75; 01/18/17.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The fronts had no tread left on the edges but the backs had 7/32 after 45k miles
Not enough air causes that.

[Linked Image]

― George Orwell

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Discount Tire Direct

no tax.......free shipping............

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I use Goodyear

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Look at nitto Exo-grapplers. They are a semi aggressive AT that is made for heavy diesel trucks and towing. They are supposed to be great in the snow and ice too.

“Lighten up Francis”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Originally Posted by tikkanut

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BFG AT KO2

YES. Very happy with KO2's second gen on my F150 off-road and on.

JUNK!

I have them. They suck ass in everything but sand and snow. Mud=suck, water=suck, gravel= kinda suck, wet pavement= mega suck, ice=suck

I've had better luck/tractin with the 1st gen KO's than these overpriced rubber piles.

But all the teenagers think they "look sick."

Last edited by tzone; 02/24/17. Reason: spelling

Camp is where you make it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
791 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 3,188 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,709
Posts18,400,156
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.