24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've only had one moonroof and it was nothing but problems and not needed in Alaska.

I just ordered a new Taco in L48 and will drive it up in April when we get a bit more daylight.

I also have an 03 Taco for woods running and a 4runner for Walmart trips.....

You'll love it.....I don't tow anything heavy either.

GB2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Don't the Tacos get lousy mileage?

Cast

I have a short attention spa
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Define "lousy"

I'd say 19 average depending on driving style and hwy/city percentages. Comparable to many 1/2 tons if that's what your asking.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am pretty disgusted with Toyota. I have tried to order a truck twice and the first time they turned it down and the second time they made major changes to my order- like adding heated seats, changing the color and adding a technology package. The general manager of the dealership promises me that Toyota policy is they will make it exactly like you want on the third request if they were not able to accommodate you before.
Sounds pretty stupid to me. What ever happened to trying to make the customer happy?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I am pretty disgusted with Toyota. I have tried to order a truck twice and the first time they turned it down and the second time they made major changes to my order- like adding heated seats, changing the color and adding a technology package. The general manager of the dealership promises me that Toyota policy is they will make it exactly like you want on the third request if they were not able to accommodate you before.
Sounds pretty stupid to me. What ever happened to trying to make the customer happy?

Car dealers are all about up-selling, 'cause they make the most margin on the add-ons. They probably changed your order specs with the expectation that you'd buy it with the additional options that you didn't want.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My opinion? The dealer is a incompetent buffoon, making excuses for his mistakes

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I have bought a couple of Tacomas. What I found out and I beleive is true is that if you see one on the lot you can live it, buy it right then.It most likely will be gone tomorrow. Be ready to compromise

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dennis, I kind of ran into this with the Jeep I just bought.
I was planning to order and was told that the factory may not accept the order at this time. That they, if turned down, have to reorder in Jan 2017, after Christmas break. I guess the workers get long time off and maybe orders are different than sitting on the lot. Don't know.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, my son ordered 4 Toyota's PU's for his company by getting the exact model/model number ,very important, figured the price they would pay, them checks on the phone with dealers through out the state. Says this is what I want at this price, do you have them or will you get them. Of course they get commercial pricing and know exactly what they want and will only buy that one. It worked.
Dealers will want the sales numbers up as far as they can get them in Dec. Maybe just start dialing with a build number/model. No telling what you will find.

Last edited by Wtxj; 12/11/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I would call the Toyota zone office. I think they will square up the dealer. Changing a customer order 2 times does not sound like a corporate policy. Hopefully the zone office helps you out.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So I bought '16 Tundra CrewMax 1794 and as nice as it was, I wasn't thrilled about it. Great power (especially with the tow/haul mode turned on), decent mileage when it was still warm out (averaged 18, though I dropped to about 15.5 once it got cold and the winter gas?), awesome luxurious seats. But... it's gone now.

Have the '17 Tacoma TRD Off Road, double cab with JBL premium technology package, tow, tonneau cover, all weather mats, and the Predator side steps which I took off (selling them if anyone is interested). MSRP of $40,857 and got it for $36,307 for $4550 off (with $500 military rebate).

First off, it seriously lacks bottom end power, but rev it up and it goes pretty well. That's the bad. No other issues or complaints.

The rest of the truck is fantastic, so far. Quiet, smooth, comfy, almost as much luxury as the 1794 but only missing the cooled leather seats. Looking forward to playing with the crawl feature as well.

Have about 285 miles on it and am averaging 20.2mpg on it's first tank. Haven't done too much freeway driving, but saw 22mpg one way (slightly uphill) and 25mpg on the way back, mostly at 65mph.

I don't miss the Tundra at all. This is actually a better truck

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That Tacoma is a nice looking truck.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Skip the Phoenix dealers, unless you go thru something like Costco....and their connections...

That Toyota dealer up where Darby lives ( Show Low?) has a real good reputation for price and working with customers....

those small town guys ALWAYS love to get big city customers...

They'll undercut the big city guys every day of the week....and won't be trying to soak you with the upsell crap...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stopped for gas for the first time.
326 miles
20.3mpg average indicated
20.69mpg hand calculated

Funny, the Tundra always claimed it got more than it did. This claims it got less than it did.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Terryk

I would call the Toyota zone office. I think they will square up the dealer. Changing a customer order 2 times does not sound like a corporate policy. Hopefully the zone office helps you out.

I spent an hour trying to find a phone number for Toyota that would help me.

I don't think this is the dealer screwing up. I saw the order sheets, Toyota just wants to do things their way. If I wanted a truck like Taco just bought I could have it. I don't want charcoal and all the extra options. I told the dealer I wasn't ordering an Avalon. He is as pissed as I am. I have been dealing with the lower level manager AND the general manager of the dealership. They have hunting far and wide for a truck, pulled the list of trucks scheduled to be built for any candidates. Found one headed to Massachusetts but that dealer would not let us have it since he had a guy who wanted that exact truck.

I have ordered trucks before- twice- both times it was very easy and I got exactly what I wanted. For some reason, Toyota thinks it knows what I want better than I do.

NRA Benefactor Member

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
THey sure do not make the car or truck buying process easy. They make almost all their product in the US and still have issues ordering. This is one time they could learn something from the big three when it comes to getting exactly what you want.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Finally got through to some folks. Regional office mocked me and hung up on me. Absolutely refused to talk to me. Gave me a bogus number for customer service, refused to give me her name etc.

Found the national hotline number. After wading around for 40 minutes and getting transferred to a local dealer!, I was able to pin them down to the fact that I could NOT order a truck. I can only request a preference and they would try and find me something close to what i want. They basically said "how dare you tell us what options to put on a vehicle".
I'm going to get my deposit back this afternoon. I am SO done with Toyota.

NRA Benefactor Member

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Finally got through to some folks. Regional office mocked me and hung up on me. Absolutely refused to talk to me. Gave me a bogus number for customer service, refused to give me her name etc.

Found the national hotline number. After wading around for 40 minutes and getting transferred to a local dealer!, I was able to pin them down to the fact that I could NOT order a truck. I can only request a preference and they would try and find me something close to what i want. They basically said "how dare you tell us what options to put on a vehicle".
I'm going to get my deposit back this afternoon. I am SO done with Toyota.

That's absurd...what the hell is the point of offering any options if you're not going to let the consumer pick and choose which ones he wants!?

Also, the title of this thread is now pretty ironic - I bet you have lost your mind trying to deal with Toyota!

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Irony comes full circle for sure. I would be embarrassed to be a Toyota dealer if I had to face customers like me who have been through this wringer.

NRA Benefactor Member

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have thought about replacing my vehicle with a Tacoma.
I would want the long bed with manual transmission.
I wonder how long it would take to find one?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.