Hop To
F
Fenton Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Hi Guys,

Last night on my way home from a hunting trip, I stopped by a local store which had the RAR in .243 with that Kryptek dipped camo stock. For $280.00 I thought I'd try one.

It comes with Weaver style aluminum bases. You guys got a favorite ring to use with these Weaver bases?

Thanks,
Fenton

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Have you considered pulling the weavers and just going with a set of talley lightweights?? That's how I'd roll. If you want to keep the weavers, I'd suggest a set of Burris zee's. I have a set on my old m1917 and really like them...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm using Warne rings on my RAR because I found them locally. I like them though, but would probably buy Burris Signature rings if I could find them around here. The Warne's are working fine though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm using plain old Weaver lows on mine. Mostly because I already had them on hand. They work well though. If your RAR shoots like mine, you'll be a happy camper. First 3 shots, 3/4" and it's done that with just about every load.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Warne are my preferred Weaver-style rings, so that's what I have on my RAR-Ps.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I set up 3 RARs identically and as cheaply as I could so went with the Leupold Rifleman. I'm sure there are better (I know there are better looking) but they seem to be holding the scopes fine so far. No real big boomers though.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I like the old school standard Weaver rings. Hell for stout and they also weight less than most.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I got Talley lows on the 3 I have

Tater
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Go with the Talleys

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pretty sure I have Weavers on my boy's .223 RAR Compact. Not sure what the issues are folks have with them. They're light, and work fine.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only thing I've heard is the "cock" they can induce to a scope. Well, that and they're not all that attractive.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Burris Zee are cheap and work. I took those bases off of mine and put on an EGW picatinny rail. Depending on the scope it will have either Seekins or TPS rings.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Only thing I've heard is the "cock" they can induce to a scope. Well, that and they're not all that attractive.

I once typed about the Weaver Detachable Top Mounts, "they look like chit" and the fanboys 'bout had a freak out! One astute member called me an asswipe for it and put me on ignore, LOL. Maybe I shoulda toned it down and said they're RAResque? For gawd's sake he had them on a $1000 rifle or a custom or such. LOL They still use slotted screws on them? They're ok, and I use a few sets here and there, but there's many many options... Weaver makes better rings, such as the Grand Slam Steel Top Mount. Even the Sure Grip version is better, won't likely 'cock'.

The Leupold PRW is an excellent design.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I once typed about the Weaver Detachable Top Mounts, "they look like chit" and the fanboys 'bout had a freak out! One astute member called me an asswipe for it and put me on ignore, LOL. Maybe I shoulda toned it down and said they're RAResque? For gawd's sake he had them on a $1000 rifle or a custom or such. LOL They still use slotted screws on them? They're ok, and I use a few sets here and there, but there's many many options... Weaver makes better rings, such as the Grand Slam Steel Top Mount. Even the Sure Grip version is better, won't likely 'cock'.

I imagine the strap-on Weavers I find for 5 bucks are sold by folks that 'cant' appreciate 'em.

Win-win.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've paid up to $7 used and think they are RAResque. (-:

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've paid up to $7 used and think they are RAResque. (-:

Nah.

Not nearly raresque. In fact, pretty common. grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I totally agree with you. The fan boys get pizzed like little biotches are known to do at times. They do look like chit and I know one individual you speak of that has a tacky as hell silver set on a nice model 70, or is it a Kimber montana? Either way, they look like chit. Much better options out there. Now get ready for the tears to fall.... wink. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2UP, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 35, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 12 invisible), 1,320 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.