Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I traded for a Remington 700 XCR II in .30/06. I thought it would make a good African plains game rifle. But it has the cursed Remington X-Mark Pro trigger that has been recalled. Rather than send it to one of Remington's repair stations (they no longer do in house trigger repairs, per Remington!) that I replace the trigger with a new Trigger Tech trigger (www.triggertech.com) which is half the price of a Jewell. I called one of the gunsmiths at Brownell's and he recommended a Jewell or Timney, but had not personally used the Trigger Tech as a Remington 700 replacement. He was very helpful and said it was a new product, but he would check their sales record to see how it was selling. He came back and said, "OMG, I do not know who is buying the Trigger Tech trigger, but we have sold over 500 in the last six months and no product complaints are shown." Has anyone used the Trigger Trigger because it looks like a neat idea with a free floating roller with no metal sear to trigger contact scraping. Your comments would be appreciated.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i have two no complaints they are crisp with no creep

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I run one and i love it . I would say Its as good as a Timney.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I replaced a Timney because it failed with a Trigger Tech. I adjusted it twenty-five ounces. It settled at twenty ounces and stayed there for hundreds of shots. No creep what so ever.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have one - yet anyway. The smith that just finished building my newest rig was talking about these. He thought for a hunting rifle that they would be a great option so may need to try one soon.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Love mine. Prefer over Timney

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I really love the ones I have as well, awesome triggers.
I have used the Timney and Shilen triggers before, and of the 2 I prefer the Shilen. But a buddy talked me into trying the Trigger Tech and wow, what an awesome trigger. Now several other friends are running them in their comp rifles and have had zero issues with thousands of rounds under them.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a couple. They're as good as Shilen, and better than Timney, IMO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are very nice triggers but I'm not to happy they raised the price on them. The first one I bought was $97 shipped to my door.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://triggertech.com/collections/bolt-action/products/rem-700-special-trigger

I want to try this new one they call the special, but not really that bad to pay $180 for it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd not heard of these until now.. Of course, anything's better than the original pos X-Mark trigger..

My ONLY concern (after perusing their product) is that it's so enclosed that any crap/moisture might get down into there from the sear gap and cause an issue.. HOWEVER, it also appears that it's engineered to allow the side to be removed to get at the innards and clean.

THAT - I like..

I might have to get one of these to fully examine, go over, and might install in one of my two M700s just to see how it performs..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
I'd not heard of these until now.. Of course, anything's better than the original pos X-Mark trigger..

My ONLY concern (after perusing their product) is that it's so enclosed that any crap/moisture might get down into there from the sear gap and cause an issue.. HOWEVER, it also appears that it's engineered to allow the side to be removed to get at the innards and clean.

THAT - I like..

I might have to get one of these to fully examine, go over, and might install in one of my two M700s just to see how it performs..

Lee you will like them, THey are very crisp and creep free

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Redneck

THAT - I like..

You own 700's? Blasphemy. grin I like the way these look as well probably never buy one unless a 700 falls in my lap

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I don't have one - yet anyway. The smith that just finished building my newest rig was talking about these. He thought for a hunting rifle that they would be a great option so may need to try one soon.

What did ya build & who built it??

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Double check the price. They def increased over the initial $75 offering. They're the same range as Timney now. I'm on the fence with either a TT or Shilen in my Rem 700 ML smokeless conversion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
Double check the price. They def increased over the initial $75 offering. They're the same range as Timney now. I'm on the fence with either a TT or Shilen in my Rem 700 ML smokeless conversion.

When Ruger came out with the 77 they were dirt cheap. So was Pepsi. Some times new product's prices are reduced to get them out in the market. If they are good they get the kind of reviews here and the company can start recovering their investment.

If I do another rifle on a 700 clone I will use another Trigger Tech.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

You own 700's? Blasphemy.
I know, I know.. What's worse is, I even have one BACO M70!! eek

One of the M700s was a leftover at a shop that just wanted to get rid of it.. Was an older model and the stock was pretty beat up. I bought it for $125 and tore it apart. Rebarreled it in .358 STA and put a replacement Rem stock on it.. Blued it to like new and it's been in the safe ever since.. Thought it would be da bomb for big bear country..

The other was a NIB M700 in .17 Rem I bought circa '95.. And I love it.. There's something about a 25 gr boolit traveling 4,000 fps on it's way to a varmint that just OOOZES fun.. Hardly any recoil or muzzle flip. Peanuts to reload. It's one I'll keep until I'm dead. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used one on a 700 6.5 Creedmoor build I put together this fall and I love it! I've been very happy with Timney, but the Trigger Tech seems to match the Timney in every way and is cheaper.

Jim Kobe just barreled and chambered a Stiller Predator action for me, and it is going to get a Trigger Tech trigger installed.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So cost aside, would you rather have a Jewell or this one? I'm looking at replacing the XMP on a .204 SPS-V, and I think I'd like it to be set between one and two pounds.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think the aluminum side plates will be a future problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 39 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.