Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#11625501 12/01/16
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Are they going to take the LE community by storm in the next 5-10 years?

They're a plug-n-play as far as contracts are concerned and optics and suppressors aren't going to get less popular.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Don't know, but, fwiw, Michigan State Police recently switched from SIG to Glock.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Look to the future....

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SIG already did this in the US market with their hammer fired pistols. The days of US LE hammer fired pistols are just about done. A striker fired 9mm is the current future, once the old guns have reached service life. In that arena, Glock owns this in spades on a world wide stage. Making matters worse for others, such as S&W, depending on the US region, some of their US reps have abysmal track records in the LE community, whereas Glock holds the gold standard, with the ability to nearly give the guns away for free. SIG is late in this game, and everything is just too new and unproven to compete, regardless the deal.

Where you see S&W, they likely have a good rep. Otherwise, you are going to see Glock run the table.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GaryVA
SIG already did this in the US market with their hammer fired pistols. The days of US LE hammer fired pistols are just about done. A striker fired 9mm is the current future, once the old guns have reached service life. In that arena, Glock owns this in spades on a world wide stage. Making matters worse for others, such as S&W, depending on the US region, some of their US reps have abysmal track records in the LE community, whereas Glock holds the gold standard, with the ability to nearly give the guns away for free. SIG is late in this game, and everything is just too new and unproven to compete, regardless the deal.

Where you see S&W, they likely have a good rep. Otherwise, you are going to see Glock run the table.

Yes. I understand Glock's stronghold on the current market.

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sigs priced themselves out of the LE Markit years ago. Their new polymer line of handguns are to little too late.

The main reason that Glock dominates nowadays, besides for their Uber reliability, is their pricing and LE discounts. S&W came out with the M&P line to compete with GLOCK. Another example of too little too late.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
But Glock can't sell package deals that include pistols, cans, optics, and M4's.

Sig can.

Dave

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Look to the future....

Dave

Okay, but their past treated me pretty well. Several years ago, Michigan State Police issued P226 DA/SA in .40 S&W. An accidental discharge caused them to switch to the P226 in double action only. Troopers could buy the old ones for $500. Local post scored one for me. It had just been issued and the trooper put about 50 rounds through it. Night sights, rail, 6 magazines and case for $500. Only problem with it is it has MSP logo on the slide. When I was a LEO, I was a sheriff's deputy. For the price I can overlook the logo. smile They only had those for several years and switched to the Glock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the guns and magazines cheaper than comparable Glocks? Do they weigh less than the comparable Glocks? Are they slimmer than comparable Glocks? Are they more accurate than comparable Glocks? Are they more reliable than comparable Glocks? How much will grip module and slide kits cost? Will Sig practically give them away to police departments?

I think the modularity is a neat concept, and certainly simplifies manufacturing and manufacturer supply chain. For a governmental end user, whether this matters may hinge on the cost of the grip modules and slide kits. Sig isn’t really noted for being the cheapest price point for anything (including magazines). As a mere consumer, changing out everything but the trigger group is nothing that would interest me unless we become Europe and you can only have one gun or the price is something like $200. If it costs $450 and a new gun is $597, why bother.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 12/01/16. Reason: add stuff

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But Glock can't sell package deals that include pistols, cans, optics, and M4's.

Sig can.

Dave

Good Point! S&W could, though. Maybe Gaston Glock will buy out Colt. They are always teetering on the brink of Bankruptcy.

Only one major LE Agency in TX still carries Sigs. TX DPS / Highway Patrol carries Sigs in the 357 Sig caliber. It has worked very well for them over the last 20 years.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We just upgraded our 15 year old SA/DA 226's with the new SA/DA 226. Been serving our folks well all this time, deputies were able to buy their original issue gun, 4 extra mags and holster for $300.00 and most did.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my last year on we were authorized to purchase and carry for duty the Sig 226.

I'd never voluntarily go back to a Glock and I like Glocks

I think as the 320 picks up steam it's going to be a serious thorn in Glocks side.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

They're a plug-n-play as far as contracts are concerned and optics and suppressors aren't going to get less popular.

Clark

No.

Next question?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am eyeballing a SIG can for a 1911.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Yondering

Clark

No.

Next question?

I'll bet they do.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
my last year on we were authorized to purchase and carry for duty the Sig 226.

I'd never voluntarily go back to a Glock and I like Glocks

I think as the 320 picks up steam it's going to be a serious thorn in Glocks side.

I doubt it. I bought one last summer and shot it quite a bit. I just didn't like the high bore axis. Sold it at a loss for this reason. Holding on target shot to shot is just so much easier with a Glock. That's going to be the P320's downfall, I think.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I'm not comparing Glocks to Sigs.

Anybody that can shoot wouldn't give a fugk which they were given.

I'm talking about ONE company being able to provide an entire range of products in the bid.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Anybody that can shoot wouldn't give a fugk which they were given.

While it's true that such a person would be able to effectively deploy both, it's not likely that he wouldn't care which, if given a choice. Low bore axis is a huge advantage. Recoil just feels better, and less focus on perfect form is required for the same level of accuracy in quick repeat shots.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
I am eyeballing a SIG can for a 1911.

Ed, check out the Rugged Obsidian, also. Got this tip from Ray Hansohn, who I have bought my last 3 suppressors from. PS- he's a 1911 guy.

His company is called Hansohn Brothers, in VA. They've got a decent website.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12

It looks like a nice design.
I like that modular fire control group.
With a 34 year head start Glock is entrenched.
No one is going to roll them, but they can be pecked at.
The new CZ striker-fired will be interesting to watch.
They even made it so it will fit into a G19 holster.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

148 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260madman, 338reddog, 26 invisible), 1,203 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,468
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.