-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thinking about doing a buffalo hunt in Australia.

Any info? Good outfitters? Time of year? Etc. Thanks.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Talk to this guy. I've hunted with him twice and have no complaints. If you want a good Water Buffalo this guy will deliver.

http://www.goodhandoutbackexperience.com.au/page/guided_hunts.html

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I know two other well know outfitters there, and am looking at going this fall. have been told after Aug, maybe Sept, as rains during their winter and will have dried up a bit by then. drop me an e-mail at oldgoat02verizon.net, and I'll give you their names and addresses. the outfitter I'm going with has a cull hunt, so will go for some quantity, as well as quality. Wild hogs and some other stuff can be seen and taken as opportunist animals.

Ghost
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
okay, here's one of the folks names, Barry Seabrook. at

barryinvestclub.net.au he offers hunts, and there have been a couple of people from over on Accurate Reloading who've hunted with him. another is Mat Graham, but I don't have his info, but since he's well known you can just do a search for him and I'm sure the info will come up.

Last edited by ghost; 06/15/16.

Ghost
D
D
Booked a hunt through Barry Seabrook last year. Hunt was in Emu Springs. Cull hunt for Buffalo and Scrub Bulls. Great time. Great value. Going again this year with Barry in Buckingham Bay. Cull hunt Buffalo only. Both hunts early/mid July before it gets too hot. Can add a "trophy Buffalo" for a reasonable upcharge. Both hunts shoot to recover. Reduces the kill numbers but all the boned meat goes to Joe's croc farm. Came close to booking a horse, donkey cull hunt with Matt Graham. May well do that next year for a change in pace. Good luck!

Last edited by DoubleDon; 06/16/16.
IC B2

J
JFE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Weather wise it's best to try to hunt in June or July. The Wet season is generally over by April/May, roads are generally driveable, mosquitoes are not so bad and the weather is relatively pleasant in June and July. As the year progresses it gets warmer and quite sticky. While Jun/Jul/Aug is the winter time in Australia you are in the tropics and it is (mostly) dry and doesn't get that cold.

The other point to bear in mind is that not all camps offer all types of game. One place that might be good for trophy buff may not hold many scrub bull or pigs. Work out what you want to do and ask lots of questions. You might have to factor in moving to other camps / outfitter if you are after a variety of game.

If you are into fishing see if you can work in some barramundi fishing.

Last edited by JFE; 06/24/16.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
A trip to Australia looks awesome. Scrubs bulls and water buffalo would be fun. Do they still do the donkey and camel culls? Would be good for bullet testing

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have no dog in this fight and don't know any of the parties involved. Just passing this along for your information. Read it and make up your own mind about hunting with Matt Graham.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/3461096222/p/1

M
M
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Thinking about doing a buffalo hunt in Australia.

Any info? Good outfitters? Time of year? Etc. Thanks.

Try this one:

I personally haven't gone Buffalo Hunting but this outfitter was highly recommended by a Buffalo Hunting friend of mine:

http://australianoutbackbuffalosafaris.com.au/

They will be able to advise you of Time of Year etc..

Cheers

Last edited by Made2Hunt; 10/02/16.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hey mate nothing like sticky in the bush looking at a biggie buff up real close in 120 heat...... YA MATE!!!!!

I see four more years of economic stagnation and high unemployment if Obama is reelected. He lies every time he opens his mouth. "The GREAT DECEIVER"! Scary prospect.Worst president EVER.
UPS HAS ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS I HAVE EXPERIENCED

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Labman95
I have no dog in this fight and don't know any of the parties involved. Just passing this along for your information. Read it and make up your own mind about hunting with Matt Graham.

The link does not bring up any thread when I click, I already heard some time ago that
he has stiffed some clients in the past but I don't know the veracity of those claims. But
where theres smoke you will often find fire.

One operation I spoke with at SCI was run by Graham Williams but I've not hunted them.
I don't ever recall his name coming up on forums for negative reasons...but one should still use
due diligence before booking anything with anyone.

http://www.biggameaustralia.com

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Labman95

The link does not bring up any thread when I click, I already heard some time ago that
he has stiffed some clients in the past but I don't know the veracity of those claims. But
where theres smoke you will often find fire.

One operation I spoke with at SCI was run by Graham Williams but I've not hunted them.
I don't ever recall his name coming up on forums for negative reasons...but one should still use
due diligence before booking anything with anyone.

http://www.biggameaustralia.com

Matt Graham is dead, that might have something to do with it. Good guy and good friend.

Last edited by Model70Guy; 02/05/17.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feral Buffalo introduced in Northern australia to feed early settlers. The settlers moved out now they have a lot of buffalo to get rid of. They need your dollars.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,123
Posts18,464,608
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.