Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you could live your adult life over again,

would you change anything? and if so, what would you do, or what would you change...

Thought of this question, while watching a commercial...

For ST Jude's Children Hospital...

Every time I see one, I know exactly what I'd do over...and different...

After I got out of the service ( wouldn't change anything substantial before that time period), I'd have gone and got on board with St Jude's Childrens Hospital...

couldn't think of a more worthwhile way to live a life once again....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be more patient with my kids. It's really the one thing I regret is that I did not have enough patience with them when they were growing up.

Speaking of St Jude's, I'll be in Memphis this weekend running the St. Jude's Marathon. We have extended family that goes almost every year and runs in one of the events. We will have about 30 people there this year.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hate those commercials, I want to take every one of those dang kids home!

I have no regrets, (well I have 1 but that was beyond my control)if things didn't go the way they did I wouldn't have the wife and kids I have and I couldn't have that.

I am very happy and content with the way life is.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I should have gone to medical school , the wisdom my parents imparted on me is priceless and I should have listened to 99% of what they told me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every time I think about one of those "what ifs", I look at my wife and kids and know that had I changed anything at all the likelihood is that I'd not have them.

For all the bumps, and pitfalls, and crashes along the road to this point, if the choice were to change anything along the way and avoid any/all of those, but not have them - I'll take them and what came every single time.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd have been more reckless.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd have been more reckless.

Dave

...if you had been any more reckless you probably wouldn't be here to type.."I'd have been more reckless"....

grin

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Meh.

I'd have been fine.

Maybe.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 4ager
Every time I think about one of those "what ifs", I look at my wife and kids and know that had I changed anything at all the likelihood is that I'd not have them.

For all the bumps, and pitfalls, and crashes along the road to this point, if the choice were to change anything along the way and avoid any/all of those, but not have them - I'll take them and what came every single time.

I look at it the same way. It would have been nice to have retired from the military but had I not gotten out when I did, I likely would have missed spending time with my dad during his final weeks, I'd have never met my wife and would have never been blessed with my son.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I regret not going into the Marine Corps after high school, as long as the rest of my life played out the same. 30 years as a firefighter and a great wife and kids has me counting my blessings.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
everything you do, or don't do, has a consequence. I can't really think of anything I would change at this point. Most everything worked out fairly well, and who knows how the end result might have been had I made different choices back in yesteryear.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of bumps and falls getting here but as has been said I would change nothing. Was a hell of a lot of fun getting here and the reward of Kath and the kids and now grands kids...WOW! What a ride. smile

BTW, we have supported St. Jude's and Shriner's Children's hospitals for many moons.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have spent more time with my parents. They were both gone when I was a young adult, and that's always been one of my life's biggest regrets.

I'd have been better about putting more of my money aside.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
If you could live your adult life over again,

would you change anything?...

I would have tried to become less of an azzhole.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd have quit believing in my own academic prowess and accepted the first reasonable job to come along right after the ink was dry on my BSEE diploma.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I would have changed me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I would have changed me

I can't even change me now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I would be a chitload better husband and father. I allowed my 'need' for solitude in the field to have precedent over time with family.

I'd work long hours in construction all week so my family had all they needed and spend the weekends with a pack, gun, rod, binos... I was a great guy, didn't drink, go to the bar, chase women, beat the kids... I was an idiot...

One year I decided I would hunt every weekend from August archery deer to Feb javalina, birds, bear, varmint calling, elk, whatever... I almost made it, I only missed two weekends... looking back I can see what I really missed.

My wife would joke to other people that she saved me from being a hermit... hey, she knew how I was before we got married... what a self absorbed pigfucking excuse.

After 20 years I took her on my elk hunt, then my antelope hunt, then packing in to coues hunt, soon any hunt she wanted to. I'm the one who lost out those early years.

I really failed as a father, that is my legacy... sins of the father.

I refuse to fail anymore as a husband and won't as a grandfather... it'll never be enough.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Without a doubt...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would not have gotten married when I did.

I would have taken my GI Bill money and gone to a flight school like Spartan or Embrey Riddle rather than dealing with the lowest scum of the human species.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 160user, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.