Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Stew57, you might want to edit your post and X out the last three digits of your serial number. It's not a good idea to post your serial number online and folks can still help you date the rifle knowing the number of digits.

GB1

S
S
Thanks never thought about it. Thanks again!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm gonna guess 1995-1999 or so. I have one SN 148XXX that I believe to be a 1994 gun and another 824XXX that is supposed to be 1999-2001. It is hard to pin these down exactly I've not found any reliable on-line data.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
S
Thanks I thought he had it longer than that. Beautiful gun with a Trijicon 3-9x 40 scope attached. Action is very smooth. She sits next to my Mannlicher-Schoenauer 1952 30.06. The gun is so nice I may start looking for one in 300 Win Mag.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
m70 featherweight classic 280 Rem G237xx I have never been able to get anything on it and yes it is only 5 digits.

IC B2

Hi
I have a stainless Winchester 70 with boss system in 300 win mag and I’ve been looking for a ACCURATE manufacturing date
Would you know ?

VinnyB
Big Dog arms
Roscoe ,NY

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigdogarms
Hi
I have a stainless Winchester 70 with boss system in 300 win mag and I’ve been looking for a ACCURATE manufacturing date
Would you know ?

VinnyB
Big Dog arms
Roscoe ,NY

The Classic BOSS was only made mid 90's. A serial number and I could put a year on it.

H
H
Hi

Hope it's ok to tag onto this thread yet another serial number date request.

I have a Winchester Model 70 Sporter Varmint .223 Rem Rifle Bolt Action made in New Haven with a serial number of G20945xx which I'd like to know the year of manufacture?

I'm assuming it' has a twist rate of 1:9?

Would you be able to help please?

H
H
Hi

Hope it's ok to tag onto this thread yet another serial number date request.

I have a Winchester Model 70 Sporter Varmint .223 Rem Rifle Bolt Action made in New Haven with a serial number of G20945xx which I'd like to know the year of manufacture?

I'm assuming it' has a twist rate of 1:9?

Would you be able to help please?

K
K
Looking for any help in finding year of a Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight model G233xx was made that I just bought. It also has a black packmyr decelerator pad and not the typical red. I have a 2006 model new haven Win Model 70 in 300 wsm that has the balck packmyr pad, but not sure when Winchester started putting these on model 70's. Any help greatly appreciated on dating the year made would be greatly appreciated.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There isn't a lot of accurate info out there. But if it is a Classic with a SN that low It almost has to be 1st year production, 1992 or 1993 I'd think. Most anything with 6 digit SN's are made prior to 2000, 7 digits are 2000-2006 guns. I've never seen a 5 digit SN. That is probably as close as you're going to get.

The stock, or the pad may not be original.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
hello folks! new member and this is my first post! i hope this thread is still accurate and one of the historians here can give me a hand

the other day i was in a hunting shop here in south Alabama browsing the selection and i noticed the owner was selling a bunch of guns from his collection. one of which was a beautiful model 70 featherweight, new haven build, with a stainless 24" barrel..he was asking 1000 dollars for it. it has some really dark wood and the pink/red butt pad on it. the guy over the counter told me it was rather rare and valuable (hence the price) which sparked my interest, moreso the idea of being able to have this to hand down to my children someday really got the gears turning...however the money wasn't on hand at the time

however! i just reenlisted in the army and got my first bonus in 13 years, so i ran back up there today and fortunately the owner of the shop was there. i told him id give him 100 dollars cash now and promise in writing to pay for it in full by the end of January if he'd so let me....thankfully he did! so im soon to be a new owner of one of the most beautiful winchesters i have ever seen!

now ive tried to research (read this whole thread), searched gunbroker to no avail and a myriad of other sources. from what i can tell, this particular firearm had either a larger solid black butt pad, or the red/pink one mine has. my question to ya'll is, when was it manufactured? im quite the gun nut but i am new to the winchester world, and very egar to learn!

the serial number is G3032563 again a model 70 featherweight .308 stainless barrel 24"

if anyone could be of any help id greatly appreciate it! happy new year!!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by failure2fire
hello folks! new member and this is my first post! i hope this thread is still accurate and one of the historians here can give me a hand

the other day i was in a hunting shop here in south Alabama browsing the selection and i noticed the owner was selling a bunch of guns from his collection. one of which was a beautiful model 70 featherweight, new haven build, with a stainless 24" barrel..he was asking 1000 dollars for it. it has some really dark wood and the pink/red butt pad on it. the guy over the counter told me it was rather rare and valuable (hence the price) which sparked my interest, moreso the idea of being able to have this to hand down to my children someday really got the gears turning...however the money wasn't on hand at the time

however! i just reenlisted in the army and got my first bonus in 13 years, so i ran back up there today and fortunately the owner of the shop was there. i told him id give him 100 dollars cash now and promise in writing to pay for it in full by the end of January if he'd so let me....thankfully he did! so im soon to be a new owner of one of the most beautiful winchesters i have ever seen!

now ive tried to research (read this whole thread), searched gunbroker to no avail and a myriad of other sources. from what i can tell, this particular firearm had either a larger solid black butt pad, or the red/pink one mine has. my question to ya'll is, when was it manufactured? im quite the gun nut but i am new to the winchester world, and very egar to learn!

the serial number is G3032563 again a model 70 featherweight .308 stainless barrel 24"

If it's a USRAC classic, then it was manufactured, like JMR said earlier, around 2001-2006. After you get it, post it in the Winchester collectors forum here. I'm sure there are a lot of guys that would like to check out your rifle. Like the shop owner said, it is pretty rare. 24" featherweight, stainless and wood stock. Probably a very nice rifle. Congrats.. Redneck here could probably tell you more about the rifle. I believe he likes that style..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

2006, the very last year in New Haven CT.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
thank you very much winchester70. im really excited for it. would you consider 1000 brand new in the box a good deal?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Failure,
Are you sure on that barrel length? Should be 22”.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Failure,
Are you sure on that barrel length? Should be 22”.

could be mistaken

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Now come on, he said it was "rare". A featherweight with a 22" tube isn't "rare"...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Now come on, he said it was "rare". A featherweight with a 22" tube isn't "rare"...

im about 80 percent sure i saw 24" on the box, which surprised me being a .308. didn't measure it of course

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thank you very much winchester70. im really excited for it. would you consider 1000 brand new in the box a good deal?

Personally, I saw too many 7 digit examples (2003-2006) that turned me off quality wise, plus I really don't like the very dark walnut finish. But that doesn't mean yours isn't a good one. It does still have the best factory hunting trigger ever made, and if the function is fine and the looks suit you, enjoy it.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.