Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by Tennessee
They screwed over lefties by dropping all models and mention of LH guns on their site. Any company that plays those games shows lacking in customer service to say the least. They just got stuck in the ignore file along with Kimber.

The LH rifles are going into production. They are just not the first few SKUs to ship so they are not listed to avoid any customer confusion.

That may very well be true, but it has turned off MANY LH shooters. Several people have received various answers from the same customer service person, from "I don't know", to "they should be out late in the year, but there is no timeframe".

If it was to avoid any customer confusion, it did just the opposite. This was one of the few LH announcements around SHOT show time, and it turned into a disappointment, when the models were removed from the site with no explanation.

You sound like a 5 yo girl that didn't get her way.

Seriously.

Seriously? That should be the question to ask a company why they would announce something, then just as quickly pull any reference to it, with no other word. Anyone would think the plans for that were totally dropped. Just put a "coming late 2017" next to the SKU. Not rocket science.

And, it doesn't really bother me when or if they do come out. Not looking to buy an unproven rifle at that price point at this time anyhow. I could buy 3 Tikkas for the about the same price, and be confident of what they are capable of.

lol..... You're not doing much to help the left handed folks. All the crying then stating that you're not going to buy one anyhow. Too funny.

BP-B6

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I guess if we "should be happy..." then I can say a company should have better than half-baked product introduction combined with lousy customer service when asked simple questions. God only knows what would happen if a customer service issue on a gun needed attention.

You don't know a thing in the world about Barrett customer service. You aren't doing anything except acting like a child having a temper tantrum.

You are basically throwing a fit about something,and then when you are told that you can have it,you turn it your nose and say you didn't want it anyway.

We have a good informative thread going about this new rifle and you just want to turn it south.You really should drop the subject now.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/24/17.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I'm sure they will make good on their commitment. I know I'm excited about it as a lefty and will likely replace most of my rifles with theirs.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
I'm sure they will make good on their commitment. I know I'm excited about it as a lefty and will likely replace most of my rifles with theirs.

I'm not a lefty,but I am certainly willing to give Barrett the benefit of the doubt and support them as much as possible until they prove they don't deserve it.

I would like to have another choice in a light weight hunting rifle, and I won't bad mouth Barrett before they even get a chance to get their feet into the market. I think one huge mistake the Forbes company made was underestimating how much bad press would effect their business. The world of information we live in today isn't the world we lived in 20 years ago. A company today that makes a few bad choices in customer service to a few individuals might as well have done it to thousands, because thousands will hear about each instance. I think that gives the consumer more responsibility that any criticism is honestly deserved.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/25/17.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Fair enough, but I cannot tell you how many times lefty announcements and catalog items have never come to fruition.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Does the stock have a cheekpiece?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am a leftie and am patiently waiting for a Barrett Fieldcraft LH LW 6.5 Creedmoor.

Bought one of the LH 7-08 Forbes that Barrett had when they bought the remaining Forbes rifles. Quite happy with it.

In dealing with Barrett they kept there word and Im a happy customer. Took several phone calls but it worked out well.

I can understand Barrett not wanting LH customers waiting for a product with a deposit, on uncertain delivery date.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I handled this rifle in 6.5 Creedmore at the SCI show this week. I was very impressed with the machining, fit, and finish. It is light, and the action reminds me of a very svelt Templar. Sako extractor, exceptional trigger. The thing smacks of quality. They were taking orders at the show and, according to the rep, they had just started manufacturing the first run. MSRP is $1,799 in all calibers.

Chris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the caliber list; I'll post that later. As I recall, 8-10 calibers consisting of the usual suspects.

Chris
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes the stock has a cheekpiece

IC B3

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by richardca99
I handled this rifle in 6.5 Creedmore at the SCI show this week. I was very impressed with the machining, fit, and finish. It is light, and the action reminds me of a very svelt Templar. Sako extractor, exceptional trigger. The thing smacks of quality. They were taking orders at the show and, according to the rep, they had just started manufacturing the first run. MSRP is $1,799 in all calibers.

I agree, fit and finish is greatly improved over the Forbes Rifle, not even a comparison. I have had two NULAs and currently own a Forbes, the stock feels the same but that is about it. I really liked the rifle and placed an order for a lefty once they start producing (a couple of months). The rifle handles very nice and can't wait to shoot one.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Tag

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is the action diameter of the Fieldcraft the same as the Forbes/NULA or is it 700 Rem diameter?

I also hope they expand their caliber selection after they get rolling.

Last edited by tkinak; 03/07/17.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Any RH Fieldcraft in peoples hands yet?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The first Fieldcrafts shipped yesterday to Bill Hicks (distributer)

308s and 6.5 Creedmoors

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hopefully they start becoming available regularily. Ill buy one in 270.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Tennessee
The first Fieldcrafts shipped yesterday to Bill Hicks (distributer)

308s and 6.5 Creedmoors

Wonder how long it will take for the few to get their hands on a Creedmoor...safe digging now to free up funding crazy laugh

Honorary Gouger per Travis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Will the Barrett come with a mounting system, or will it use the same platform as a remington 700 short action or similar?

Wishing to mount a 30mm SWFA scope, any suggestions?

Thanks all

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Looks like a nice rifle.
In for a review when they land.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Will the Barrett come with a mounting system, or will it use the same platform as a remington 700 short action or similar?

Wishing to mount a 30mm SWFA scope, any suggestions?

Thanks all

Not sure if they come with them. Options:

https://store.barrett.net/c-485-rifle-accessories.aspx?section=-61-

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,843 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.