Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Did this thing ever become a reality or did it fall on its face like the rest of the Forbes incarnations?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would call them and ask. I would also ask if it is a Forbes based action. It looked like a shaved down 700 to me,which might be OK but it certainly didn't look like the Forbes.

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't think the Barrett rifle was a ULA/Forbes but more of its own entity. All I've seen of it was the video clip from I believe the SHOT Show, but from that clip I remember seeing some differences.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It was reported that they bought the rights to the Forbes rifle and would be producing their version.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
It was very close to the Forbes when I saw it at the NRA and the stock was almost, if not, identical.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Can it be, is it true?

Scope out the twist rates!!!

$1800 list.

https://barrett.net/firearms/fieldcraft/

https://barrett.net/2017%20Fieldcraft%20Retail.pdf

Are these shipping yet?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SS, lighter than Kimbers. Legit. Didn't get an elk w beta I had. It were mighty handy, however.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That 22-250 in a 1:7 twist might be something to check out!

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was talking to Melvin last week, he has nothing to do with the Fieldcraft rifles. They might look like a Forbes creation but they are in fact a separate entity.

Last edited by RBO; 01/16/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
When do they hit the shelves?

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wonder what the barrel contour is?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RBO
I was talking to Melvin last week, he has nothing to do with the Fieldcraft rifles. They might look like a Forbes creation but they are in fact a separate entity.

What about them looks like a Forbes? The action has milled out flats on each side. Is it a Forbes size action or is it a 700 size action that has been lightened?

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by RBO

What about them looks like a Forbes? The action has milled out flats on each side. Is it a Forbes size action or is it a 700 size action that has been lightened?

I'm not sure about the Fieldcraft rifles, I've never seen one in real life, all I've seen is what's on the internet. I was just talking to Melvin the other day though and I specifically asked him if he had a deal going with Barrett on the Fieldcraft rifle and his response was "I have absolutely nothing to do with that".

I was hoping to have a Barrett Fieldcraft in my hands by now, with the SHOT Show happening this week I'm sure we'll have some new news early next week.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The stocks look to be very close. Pics stolen from net.

Barrett:
[Linked Image]

Forbes:
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

I'm not sure about the Fieldcraft rifles, I've never seen one in real life, all I've seen is what's on the internet. I was just talking to Melvin the other day though and I specifically asked him if he had a deal going with Barrett on the Fieldcraft rifle and his response was "I have absolutely nothing to do with that".

I was hoping to have a Barrett Fieldcraft in my hands by now, with the SHOT Show happening this week I'm sure we'll have some new news early next week.

I'm interested and not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the original buzz about this rifle was that Barrett was taking over production of the Forbes rifles. You are saying Melvin doesn't have anything to do with it so that would indicate that it's not a stock built by Melvin and the action doesn't look like a Forbes. Whatever the action is, it is milled out on the sides to reduce weight.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice if more information was coming from Barrett about exactly what they are selling. it seems to me that the customers interested would be a lot more detail minded than the average Joe who only checks the price stickers at the local gun shop.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i cant imagine you could take the nula size actions and mill the sides of them down...but i am only guessing at this

also the forbes stock and construction are a large part of the reason i would want a forbes rifle ...not so sure about the barret stock

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There was a few articles last year about Barrett buying Forbes and starting production on them with better twists...but now it's not a Forbes and Melvin has nothing to do with it?

Something fishy going on over at Barrett...????

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by RBO

I'm interested and not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the original buzz about this rifle was that Barrett was taking over production of the Forbes rifles. You are saying Melvin doesn't have anything to do with it so that would indicate that it's not a stock built by Melvin and the action doesn't look like a Forbes. Whatever the action is, it is milled out on the sides to reduce weight.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice if more information was coming from Barrett about exactly what they are selling. it seems to me that the customers interested would be a lot more detail minded than the average Joe who only checks the price stickers at the local gun shop.

I don't think Barrett is putting a lot of water on the flames about these rifles having anything to do with Melvin because it's not going to hurt their sales if people think it's a Melvin Forbes creation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking at the stock, it sure looks a lot like the one on the Stocky's Stocks website - the AG Composites stock??

Link:

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...-carbon-fiber-classic-sporter-stock.html

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Looking at the stock, it sure looks a lot like the one on the Stocky's Stocks website - the AG Composites stock??

Link:

According to AG composites site they are making the stock that Barrett will use.

http://agcomposites.com/faq-2/

"What kind of rifle stocks does AG Composites manufacture?

We manufacture stocks for the Remington 700, the M1A / M14 and OEM stocks for Barrett Firearms and Bergara Rifles."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Link:

According to AG composites site they are making the stock that Barrett will use.

We manufacture stocks for the Remington 700, the M1A / M14 and OEM stocks for Barrett Firearms and Bergara Rifles."

If they are using the Carbon All Terrain they list 25-27 ounces. I've heard Melvin say his stocks are 17 ounces finished. Not sure if that is short or long action. I would assume he was stating the weight of lightest one.

The Barrett stock looks a little thicker in the wrist just from the picture but it's hard to tell much from just a photo.

Regardless,the Barrett may be a great rifle,and it looks like they got the twists right. It would be great to have full disclosure as to what action and barrels,trigger, they are using.I hope they do very well with them ,but I would like to know a lot more before plunking down the cash.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by adam32

Something fishy going on over at Barrett...????

Ha!

Good one man.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Will they work for long range though?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Will they work for long range though?

No way....

Long range rifles start at 10 pounds or so...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
3" mag box on the short action and correct twist rates!! I wonder what street price will be.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
And they show a LH 6.5 CM wow !!!

Bought my LH Forbes 7 08 from Barrett

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Could be a real winner.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Link:

As for the stock, I've had my hands on the Bergara Premier Stalker, which as mentioned, uses the AG Composites stock. The Bergara rep wouldn't let on to who was making the stocks, but if I'd had to guess, I would have Hi-Tech Specialties. That said, the AG Composite felt very much like the Hi-Tech in my hands.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I would like to know their plans for caliber offerings and the barrel maker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there an aftermarket 3" box for the Kimber short action?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone seen or heard a street price yet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Wow.

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Anyone seen or heard a street price yet?

https://barrett.net/2017%20Fieldcraft%20Retail.pdf

Cheaper than I was expecting from Barrett.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I recently fired a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Cm with four of the cheaper factory loads and they all shot to the same poa/poi except one load. 3 shot groups ranged from .80"-.42" at 100 meters. The optic was a Leupold 2.5x8 vxi.
It balanced well and bolt manipulation/feeding was very smooth.

"The world breaks everyone,and afterward, some are strong at the broken places"
Hemingway
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Anybody here the comment on the video about plans for a 5.56 and a rimfire? That's pretty neat. He mentioned a trimmed down action, and I couldn't quite tell if he was saying the 5.56 would have a trimmed down action or if he was talking about the rimfire. If they take that light rifle and offer a mini version in 5.56 -- boy howdy!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm going to call Barrett about the end of next week and see if I can find out any details about the Fieldcraft, they are gone to Shot right now. I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I can answer some of these questions with certainty.

Yes the project is definitely a GO. The first rifles are shipping within a few weeks (sorry to be vague on the time). The first rifles are shipping to the distributor Bill Hicks so dealers should look there to get them first.

The stock is the exact form of the Forbes rifle and the barreled action is the same exact footprint. That is about the end of the of the similarities. The action has several differences as it went through an almost blank-slate engineering exercise.

Feeding has been perfected. The action has seen several enhancements to assure reliable and smooth function in adverse conditions.

The bolt handle is attached by a very novel method that does not use weld or solder so there is no chance of it coming off or affecting the heat treat of the bolt body by application of heat. The bolt handle has also been extended very slightly for better hand clearance from the scope ocular.

The safety lever has been trimmed in height to tuck in close the the stock and rear tang of the recover. Less chance of inadvertent movement of the safety and bloody thumb from recoil. The safety is a simple and reliable two-position.

The scope mount interface has changed by the eleimination of the lower rear bridge height. The rear ring mounting surface is now co-radial to the front ring mounting surface. Much higher likelihood of perfect ring alignment. Mount screw holes are larger 8-40 size to combat issues with a light rifle and possible heavy recoil. Talley makes all the sizes of one piece mounts for Fieldcraft.

The 308 win weighs five pounds flat. Most importantly it SHOOTS.... I have shot it to 500 yards and it is easily sub-MOA for three shot strings. The Creedmoor is amazing with any ammo you blindly grab off the shelf.

Last edited by Tennessee; 01/21/17.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks Tennessee you answered all my questions have money in hand want a LH 6.5 Creedmoor bad!! Please update us on when you think it will be available.

kk alaska

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Tennessee
I can answer some of these questions with certainty.

Yes the project is definitely a GO. The first rifles are shipping within a few weeks (sorry to be vague on the time). The first rifles are shipping to the distributor Bill Hicks so dealers should look there to get them first.

The stock is the exact form of the Forbes rifle and the barreled action is the same exact footprint. That is about the end of the of the similarities. The action has several differences as it went through an almost blank-slate engineering exercise.

Feeding has been perfected. The action has seen several enhancements to assure reliable and smooth function in adverse conditions.

The bolt handle is attached by a very novel method that does not use weld or solder so there is no chance of it coming off or affecting the heat treat of the bolt body by application of heat. The bolt handle has also been extended very slightly for better hand clearance from the scope ocular.

The safety lever has been trimmed in height to tuck in close the the stock and rear tang of the recover. Less chance of inadvertent movement of the safety and bloody thumb from recoil. The safety is a simple and reliable two-position.

The scope mount interface has changed by the eleimination of the lower rear bridge height. The rear ring mounting surface is now co-radial to the front ring mounting surface. Much higher likelihood of perfect ring alignment. Mount screw holes are larger 8-40 size to combat issues with a light rifle and possible heavy recoil. Talley makes all the sizes of one piece mounts for Fieldcraft.

The 308 win weighs five pounds flat. Most importantly it SHOOTS.... I have shot it to 500 yards and it is easily sub-MOA for three shot strings. The Creedmoor is amazing with any ammo you blindly grab off the shelf.

Thank you for the info. Can you answer a couple more questions please?

You say the stock is the same footprint. One desirable feature of a Forbes is that Melvin's stock was so light that they could use larger barrel profiles than the Kimber Montana.
Can you give the give the muzzle dia of the 7-08-308,or tell me if it is any larger than a 7-08-308 Kimber Montana?

Just looking at the action it looks to have milled flats,similar to what someone would do to lighten a 700 action. You say the Fieldcraft has the same footprint. Is it actually lighter than a Forbes -NULA via the milled flats or is that more cosmetic in nature to distinguish it from a Forbes?

Does the safety lock the bolt?

Is the action individually pillar bedded, or bedded to a slave action like a Kimber?

Is there any accuracy guarantee? I do have very good confidence in Barrett regardless.

What is the mag box size for long and short actions?

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/21/17.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Wow.

LMAO....

#OUTDOORLIFE!

Last edited by joshf303; 01/21/17.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I handled the Barrett at the SHOT Show. Nice rifle but definitely not a NULA "clone" and apparently never intended to be. Barrett offers a selection of standard calibers with specific barrel lengths, whereas you can have virtually anything from NULA, albeit at a higher price reflective of its fully custom-built status.

According to the Barrett price sheet:
.243, .22-250, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, .308 in RH and LH, 21" barrel, $1799.
.25-06, .270, .30-06, 6.5x55 Swede, 24" RH and LH, $1799.

Last edited by longbarrel; 01/21/17.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very interested.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by turkish
Anybody here the comment on the video about plans for a 5.56 and a rimfire? That's pretty neat. He mentioned a trimmed down action, and I couldn't quite tell if he was saying the 5.56 would have a trimmed down action or if he was talking about the rimfire. If they take that light rifle and offer a mini version in 5.56 -- boy howdy!

Sure sounded like a 223 sized action and a 22lr are in the works. Fingers crossed!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just spoke with Barrett and these rifles will be shipping "April or May".

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Thank you for the info. Can you answer a couple more questions please?

You say the stock is the same footprint. One desirable feature of a Forbes is that Melvin's stock was so light that they could use larger barrel profiles than the Kimber Montana.
Can you give the give the muzzle dia of the 7-08-308,or tell me if it is any larger than a 7-08-308 Kimber Montana?

Just looking at the action it looks to have milled flats,similar to what someone would do to lighten a 700 action. You say the Fieldcraft has the same footprint. Is it actually lighter than a Forbes -NULA via the milled flats or is that more cosmetic in nature to distinguish it from a Forbes?

Does the safety lock the bolt?

Is the action individually pillar bedded, or bedded to a slave action like a Kimber?

Is there any accuracy guarantee? I do have very good confidence in Barrett regardless.

What is the mag box size for long and short actions?

Diameter at the muzzle is .55"

The action weight is very close. The flats do remove some weight but the rear bridge is thicker so it is kind of an offset.

The safety does not lock the bolt. It is a two position safety. The goal was simplicity and reliability.

Each barreled action is individually bedded to its respective stock. The last three digits of the serial number are engraved into the bottom of the receiver just behind the recoil lug and the imprint is visible in each bedded stock so there is no mix-up.

No stated accuracy guarantee at this point though I expect there will be because these guarantees have become a marketing necessity. I don't put much value on these guarantees personally. I see a lot of people with 4 MOA habits shooting 1 MOA rifles. I do know the acceptance standard at the factory is 3 shots 1MOA max at 100 meters. Non-compliant rifles do not ship.

Short action mag internal length = 3.02"
Long action mag internal length = 3.39"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These look excellent. Magbox OAL and twists done right, in stainless with a decent stock, and light!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by John_Havard
I just spoke with Barrett and these rifles will be shipping "April or May".

Exactly what they said last year.

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They look like a nice rifle, I'm not crazy about fluted bolts or shinny stainless parts on my hunting rifles though.

The stocks are similar, but not an exact replica of a Nula. It's obviously too early for anyone to comment on their accuracy or field performance, but I have no doubt either will be an issue under the Barrett name. It may be a rifle I consider in the future, but for now, while Melvin is still building rifles, I'll spend my money on a Nula.

Does anyone know what colors will be available or what kind of lop is going to be on the Fieldcraft?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These appear to be uber.

I'd love one in 22-250.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
These appear to be uber.

I'd love one in 22-250.

21" bbl.?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds ideal to me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A handloader making full use of magazine capacity (assuming rifle is throated to match) might be able to push 162 ELDx's and 175ELDx's to 2700fps and 2600fps respectively with a 7mm-08 and a 21" barrel.

Interesting.

David

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well the LH models are no longer listed on there web site? Any one know whats going on sent e mails to Barrett.

kk alaska

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have my doubts about when/if this rifle will be released. The same lady at Barrett who told me "April or May" earlier today had told me "late January or early February" about two months ago. I'd buy one right now today if they were available. But being introduced to the public back in (what?) May of 2016 and still not ready makes a fellow wonder. I'll believe the project will actually happen when I see them out there. In the meantime I have a NULA on order with Melvin.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I was told these were shipping to RSR in mid Feb when I talked with them at the shot show. They were very specific, although could still have been blowing smoke.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I believe the rifles are real and will be shipped this spring. It's the LH model references that have been removed from Barrett's website.

Like vabowhntr, I spoke with the folks at Barrett during SHOT last week and they confirmed the rifles were filling the pipeline now and should be available soon.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
RSR has them listed on their website as "coming soon"

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wonder what happened with the Forbes buyout/partnership???

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Barrett bought all the assets of the failed Forbes company. That is all there was to that.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They screwed over lefties by dropping all models and mention of LH guns on their site. Any company that plays those games shows lacking in customer service to say the least. They just got stuck in the ignore file along with Kimber.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Barrett bought all the assets of the failed Forbes company. That is all there was to that.

Why?

Did they lighten up the left over Forbes actions for their rifle? Stocks?

I'm just curious what has happened to all the Forbes stuff since Barrett was selling them at one point. Sold everything off then designed their own rifle?

Last edited by adam32; 01/24/17.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KenMi
They screwed over lefties by dropping all models and mention of LH guns on their site. Any company that plays those games shows lacking in customer service to say the least. They just got stuck in the ignore file along with Kimber.

The LH rifles are going into production. They are just not the first few SKUs to ship so they are not listed to avoid any customer confusion.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Why?

I'm just curious what has happened to all the Forbes stuff since Barrett was selling them at one point. Sold everything off then designed their own rifle?

Doing some reverse engineering and tweaked enough not to get sued?

Bolt release looks the same on the Forbes and Barrett.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tkinak

Why?

Doing some reverse engineering and tweaked enough not to get sued?

Bolt release looks the same on the Forbes and Barrett.

I don't know a thing about it but I figure Melvin had contract with Forbes that didn't carry over to Barrett.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope they turn out a good product.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

The LH rifles are going into production. They are just not the first few SKUs to ship so they are not listed to avoid any customer confusion.

That may very well be true, but it has turned off MANY LH shooters. Several people have received various answers from the same customer service person, from "I don't know", to "they should be out late in the year, but there is no timeframe".

If it was to avoid any customer confusion, it did just the opposite. This was one of the few LH announcements around SHOT show time, and it turned into a disappointment, when the models were removed from the site with no explanation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maybe its just the angle of the camera but the bolt handle on that rifle looks much different than the productions ones I've recently seen posted. The newer ones look like they have a shorter bolt handle??

Was that a prototype rifle maybe or pre-production?? Regardless looks like a nice rifle overall.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 01/24/17.

"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That may very well be true, but it has turned off MANY LH shooters. Several people have received various answers from the same customer service person, from "I don't know", to "they should be out late in the year, but there is no timeframe".

If it was to avoid any customer confusion, it did just the opposite. This was one of the few LH announcements around SHOT show time, and it turned into a disappointment, when the models were removed from the site with no explanation.

You sound like a 5 yo girl that didn't get her way.

Seriously.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very interested in this rifle, and plan on buying the first one I can put my hands on.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Everyone is going to get there way. The LH rifles are rolling into production ASAP. There are about eight part numbers rolling out first to fill open orders. Two reciever sizes, eight unique barrels.

These components are made on machines at Barrett. It just takes a minute to get that much new product into a production schedule that already includes all the existing rifles.

Stickers are still being removed from brand new machines to get all this stuff in.

More important to be accurate than fast.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That is a great explanation. That is all it would have taken as a note on the site to avoid people thinking they were dropped all together

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Seriously.

Seriously? That should be the question to ask a company why they would announce something, then just as quickly pull any reference to it, with no other word. Anyone would think the plans for that were totally dropped. Just put a "coming late 2017" next to the SKU. Not rocket science.

And, it doesn't really bother me when or if they do come out. Not looking to buy an unproven rifle at that price point at this time anyhow. I could buy 3 Tikkas for the about the same price, and be confident of what they are capable of.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/24/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Seriously.

Seriously? That should be the question to ask a company why they would announce something, then just as quickly pull any reference to it, with no other word. Anyone would think the plans for that were totally dropped. Just put a "coming late 2017" next to the SKU. Not rocket science.

And, it doesn't really bother me when or if they do come out. Not looking to buy an unproven rifle at that price point at this time anyhow. I could buy 3 Tikkas for the about the same price, and be confident of what they are capable of.

Jeesh, really! Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But you're not gonna buy one anyway.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Everyone is going to get there way. The LH rifles are rolling into production ASAP. There are about eight part numbers rolling out first to fill open orders. Two reciever sizes, eight unique barrels.

These components are made on machines at Barrett. It just takes a minute to get that much new product into a production schedule that already includes all the existing rifles.

Stickers are still being removed from brand new machines to get all this stuff in.

The firearms industry never fails to disappoint. They announced this rifle in early 2016. Now at shot 2017. And now a lefty when? Wow. I had money ready to go. Maybe I'll go back to looking elsewhere.

Last edited by pathfinder76; 01/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

The firearms industry never fails to disappoint. They announced this rifle in early 2016. Now at shot 2017. And now a lefty when? Wow. I had money ready to go. Maybe I'll go back to looking elsewhere.

You girls are laying down more guilt than a Pastor on Easter Sunday!

Is it a lefty thing?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

You girls are laying down more guilt than a Pastor on Easter Sunday!

Is it a lefty thing?

+1000
They said they would make some lefty guns. Isn't it reasonable for them to try to recoup a little money from the investment first by building the model that 90% of buyers will be interested in,rather than appeasing the 10% or less? You should be happy that they are promising to produce a left hand version instead of just being ignored.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well I guess if we "should be happy..." then I can say a company should have better than half-baked product introduction combined with lousy customer service when asked simple questions. God only knows what would happen if a customer service issue on a gun needed attention.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Seriously.

lol..... You're not doing much to help the left handed folks. All the crying then stating that you're not going to buy one anyhow. Too funny.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I guess if we "should be happy..." then I can say a company should have better than half-baked product introduction combined with lousy customer service when asked simple questions. God only knows what would happen if a customer service issue on a gun needed attention.

You don't know a thing in the world about Barrett customer service. You aren't doing anything except acting like a child having a temper tantrum.

You are basically throwing a fit about something,and then when you are told that you can have it,you turn it your nose and say you didn't want it anyway.

We have a good informative thread going about this new rifle and you just want to turn it south.You really should drop the subject now.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/24/17.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I'm sure they will make good on their commitment. I know I'm excited about it as a lefty and will likely replace most of my rifles with theirs.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm sure they will make good on their commitment. I know I'm excited about it as a lefty and will likely replace most of my rifles with theirs.

I'm not a lefty,but I am certainly willing to give Barrett the benefit of the doubt and support them as much as possible until they prove they don't deserve it.

I would like to have another choice in a light weight hunting rifle, and I won't bad mouth Barrett before they even get a chance to get their feet into the market. I think one huge mistake the Forbes company made was underestimating how much bad press would effect their business. The world of information we live in today isn't the world we lived in 20 years ago. A company today that makes a few bad choices in customer service to a few individuals might as well have done it to thousands, because thousands will hear about each instance. I think that gives the consumer more responsibility that any criticism is honestly deserved.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/25/17.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Fair enough, but I cannot tell you how many times lefty announcements and catalog items have never come to fruition.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Does the stock have a cheekpiece?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am a leftie and am patiently waiting for a Barrett Fieldcraft LH LW 6.5 Creedmoor.

Bought one of the LH 7-08 Forbes that Barrett had when they bought the remaining Forbes rifles. Quite happy with it.

In dealing with Barrett they kept there word and Im a happy customer. Took several phone calls but it worked out well.

I can understand Barrett not wanting LH customers waiting for a product with a deposit, on uncertain delivery date.

kk alaska

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I handled this rifle in 6.5 Creedmore at the SCI show this week. I was very impressed with the machining, fit, and finish. It is light, and the action reminds me of a very svelt Templar. Sako extractor, exceptional trigger. The thing smacks of quality. They were taking orders at the show and, according to the rep, they had just started manufacturing the first run. MSRP is $1,799 in all calibers.

Chris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the caliber list; I'll post that later. As I recall, 8-10 calibers consisting of the usual suspects.

Chris
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes the stock has a cheekpiece

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by richardca99
I handled this rifle in 6.5 Creedmore at the SCI show this week. I was very impressed with the machining, fit, and finish. It is light, and the action reminds me of a very svelt Templar. Sako extractor, exceptional trigger. The thing smacks of quality. They were taking orders at the show and, according to the rep, they had just started manufacturing the first run. MSRP is $1,799 in all calibers.

I agree, fit and finish is greatly improved over the Forbes Rifle, not even a comparison. I have had two NULAs and currently own a Forbes, the stock feels the same but that is about it. I really liked the rifle and placed an order for a lefty once they start producing (a couple of months). The rifle handles very nice and can't wait to shoot one.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Tag

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Is the action diameter of the Fieldcraft the same as the Forbes/NULA or is it 700 Rem diameter?

I also hope they expand their caliber selection after they get rolling.

Last edited by tkinak; 03/07/17.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Any RH Fieldcraft in peoples hands yet?

kk alaska

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The first Fieldcrafts shipped yesterday to Bill Hicks (distributer)

308s and 6.5 Creedmoors

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hopefully they start becoming available regularily. Ill buy one in 270.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The first Fieldcrafts shipped yesterday to Bill Hicks (distributer)

308s and 6.5 Creedmoors

Wonder how long it will take for the few to get their hands on a Creedmoor...safe digging now to free up funding crazy laugh

Honorary Gouger per Travis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Will the Barrett come with a mounting system, or will it use the same platform as a remington 700 short action or similar?

Wishing to mount a 30mm SWFA scope, any suggestions?

Thanks all

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Looks like a nice rifle.
In for a review when they land.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Will the Barrett come with a mounting system, or will it use the same platform as a remington 700 short action or similar?

Thanks all

Not sure if they come with them. Options:

https://store.barrett.net/c-485-rifle-accessories.aspx?section=-61-

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tennessee,
Any idea when 7-08's may be shipping ?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How about 250-3000,257 Rob,358 Win

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by sqweeler

I'd build if I wanted one of those. I wouldn't expect them to ever chamber for any of the 3.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by sqweeler

I'd build if I wanted one of those. I wouldn't expect them to ever chamber for any of the 3.

Same here.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BurninDupont

Thanks all

Not sure if they come with them. Options:

https://store.barrett.net/c-485-rifle-accessories.aspx?section=-61-

Thanks JCM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So what is the deal? Did you just get it? Where did you get it? How much did you pay? Thoughts?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
308s showing up on GB now; $1600 ish

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Nice

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'll let the hype and the prices settle down a bit and wait until they are available in 270.

Fwiw, I see a few of the new kimber subalpines on gunbroker too.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
BARRETT FIELDCRAFT LIGHTWEIGHT, got them here in Australia, nice caliber options...

We could not find a hunting rifle that was perfect, so we built one. This rifle is designed to be carried further on long days in the field and perform like a Barrett at that critical moment. The stock is crafted from carbon fiber to provide an ultralight yet stiff platform for shooting from field positions. The actions are scaled for their specific caliber and precision barrels contoured for their application. There is nothing one-size-fits-all about this rifle.

AVAILABLE IN
.243 Winchester 21” BARREL
.22-250 Remington 21” BARREL
6.5 Creedmoor 21” BARREL
7mm-08 Remington 21” BARREL
.308 Winchester 21” BARREL
.25-06 Remington 24” BARREL
.270 Winchester 24” BARREL
.30-06 Springfield 24” BARREL
6.5x55 Swede 24” BARREL
SPECIAL NEW $3145

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[url] link [\url] http://www.gunbroker.com/item/635800705

Here is a link.

Hemingway
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Kinda surprised that there are no writer/dealer reviews of these yet. I don't pay attention to many rifle's release/production/etc...but I'll see write ups of a review where the company sent this rifle to someone and they sing it's praises before production rifles hit the market. ...this time I am looking forward to the rifle being put on the market.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There are a bunch of 308's on Gunbroker. If there was a 6.5 I would be very tempted.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Is the bolt handle as long as they appear in the photos?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Somebody needs to be specific about weight. The listed 5-6 lbs is not what someone spending 2K on an ultra lightweight wants to hear. The list the same for short and long actions as well.

The lack of general information and non specific weights is a bit disappointing. I still don't know what kind of action this rifle uses. Is it based on a Forbes,or a model 700,or proprietary,or what?

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/15/17.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Somebody needs to be specific about weight. The listed 5-6 lbs is not what someone spending 2K on an ultra lightweight wants to hear. The list the same for short and long actions as well.

The lack of general information and non specific weights is a bit disappointing. I still don't know what kind of action this rifle uses. Is it based on a Forbes,or a model 700,or proprietary,or what?

Pretty much my exact feeling

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone procures a Fieldcraft and also has a Kimber Montana, would love to see a side-by-side photo.
I'm particularly interested in the forearm length of the Fieldcraft - hopefully it's 1.5-2" longer than the Montana.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SKane
If someone procures a Fieldcraft and also has a Kimber Montana, would love to see a side-by-side photo.
I'm particularly interested in the forearm length of the Fieldcraft - hopefully it's 1.5-2" longer than the Montana.

I'll do it for you Tuesday. We have a 308 on the shelf.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Darrik!

WWP53D
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by SKane

I'll do it for you Tuesday. We have a 308 on the shelf.

Thank you so much. When you post that info can you post a few more details please? Some of these questions you may not be able to fully answer but I would greatly appreciate any insight.

1.Can you tell if this is a 700 action that has had metal removed to lighten it,or is it something entirely different? How does the action and bolt diameter compare to a model 700, Forbes action,or Kimber Action?

2.Is there any information about the barrel manufacturer? Is it a recessed target crown or what?

3. I would love a picture of the bolt face to see the position of the extractor. I am interested to know if this one will have a high ejection like a Forbes or more of a 90 degree ejection.

4. Can you get us an actual weight?

I would also love to hear your impression of handling and how it compares to the Forbes and Kimber. It looks like the stock is more reminiscent of the Forbes. When this rifle was first announced,the impression I got was that Barrett was taking over the production of the Forbes rifle. Now it isn't clear what,if any, similarities the Barrett has with the Forbes.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Thank you so much. When you post that info can you post a few more details please? Some of these questions you may not be able to fully answer but I would greatly appreciate any insight.

1.Can you tell if this is a 700 action that has had metal removed to lighten it,or is it something entirely different? How does the action and bolt diameter compare to a model 700, Forbes action,or Kimber Action?

2.Is there any information about the barrel manufacturer? Is it a recessed target crown or what?

3. I would love a picture of the bolt face to see the position of the extractor. I am interested to know if this one will have a high ejection like a Forbes or more of a 90 degree ejection.

I would also love to hear your impression of handling and how it compares to the Forbes and Kimber. It looks like the stock is more reminiscent of the Forbes. When this rifle was first announced,the impression I got was that Barrett was taking over the production of the Forbes rifle. Now it isn't clear what,if any, similarities the Barrett has with the Forbes.

I can answer these.

1. It is not a 700 action. The diameter and footprint is the same as a Forbes.

2. The barrels are all profiled, chambered, threaded and crowned in-house by Barrett. The actual straight-cylinder blank supplier may vary by caliber based on performance or capabilities of different suppliers. They are all precision honed and button-rifled to date. The crown is a typical radius faced, 45 degree edge break as seen on most hunting rifles. Every one I have shot performs beyond my expectations.

3. The extractor location is the same as Forbes. It works.

4. The 308 weighs five pounds flat with the 21" non-threaded barrel. As you know the weight will vary slightly by caliber and barrel length.

The stock is EXACTLY the same stock design that was on the Forbes. The action footprint is the same. That is about the end of the similarities. Re-designed from the inside out.

Last edited by Tennessee; 04/16/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I can answer these.

1. It is not a 700 action. The diameter and footprint is the same as a Forbes.

2. The barrels are all profiled, chambered, threaded and crowned in-house by Barrett. The actual straight-cylinder blank supplier may vary by caliber based on performance or capabilities of different suppliers. They are all precision honed and button-rifled to date. The crown is a typical radius faced, 45 degree edge break as seen on most hunting rifles. Every one I have shot performs beyond my expectations.

3. The extractor location is the same as Forbes. It works.

4. The 308 weighs five pounds flat with the 21" non-threaded barrel. As you know the weight will vary slightly by caliber and barrel length.

The stock is EXACTLY the same stock design that was on the Forbes. The action footprint is the same. That is about the end of the similarities. Re-designed from the inside out.

Thank you very much. I will be buying one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

a couple other question please.Did you have any issues with ejected cases hitting the windage knob on that Nightforce? I had some issues with this on my Forbes but I haven't determined yet if mine is an extractor position issue or spring tension issue,or something else.

I have picatinny rails for my Forbes. Does the Barrett use the same hole spacing so mine would fit,or if not is there any plan to offer a picatinny rail? The only reason I would want a rail is more versatility in ER on some scopes.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/16/17.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have used the NXS 2.5-10x24 mounted in 30mm LOW mounts on both 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor and I cannot remember one failure to eject.

The 308 I fired extensively from a bench and in some hot-and-heavy South Texas hunting.

The Creed was all on a flat range from the bench and various unsupported positions.

Runs like a top.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Fieldcraft does NOT use the same mounting holes. All the screws are the larger/stronger 8-40 size.

The front receiver ring has three mounting holes giving adding flexibility of front mount placement to be ideal with different dimension scopes.

The rear receiver bridge is also corradial with the front meaning the top mounting surface is like one uninterrupted surface. The mounts are Fieldcraft specific.

Picatinny rails are available.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Fieldcraft does NOT use the same mounting holes. All the screws are the larger/stronger 8-40 size.

The front receiver ring has three mounting holes giving adding flexibility of front mount placement to be ideal with different dimension scopes.

The rear receiver bridge is also corradial with the front meaning the top mounting surface is like one uninterrupted surface. The mounts are Fieldcraft specific.

Picatinny rails are available.

Sounds good!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would like to see these chambered in 284 Win.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Have they figured out how to produce a lefty yet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Aviator

Don't hold your breath on that one. grin

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have to disagree with the stock being the exact as the forbes...I could be wrong but respectfully disagree with that statement....if you look at the early forbes rifles they have Melvins stock on them as time went by and Melvin parted ways with forbes you will notice the cheekpiece and bottom of the grip changed from the earlier ones....yes the later stock style does match the current stock on the barrett rifle but not the earlier forbes rifles

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gene270
....yes the later stock style does match the current stock on the barrett rifle but not the earlier forbes rifles

It seems we agree. They are indeed the exact stock that was on later Forbes rifles.

The one you may have seen that looks different merely has sharper edges around the base of the grip and the edge of the cheek piece. I prefer the more radiused edge as it tends to get damaged less.

Last edited by Tennessee; 04/16/17.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
what I was trying to get across is it appears that not all forbes rifles had Melvin Forbes stocks on them as advertised...nor does the barrett rifle

they seem to shoot well though

Last edited by gene270; 04/16/17.
RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can Someone post a pic of one of these Forbes rifles that has the same stock as the Barrett? The Forbes stock I have is different than the Barrett.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
If i were in the market for a blind magazine rifle I would try one of these in .300 Win. (When they build them) ....I bet these rifles are damn good shooters.......Hb

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Do these non-checkered stocks have some kind of rough textured finish or are they slick as a moles azz?....I dont think Im a fan of this slick looking stock....Hb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Haven't held the Barrett, but if they mimic the Forbes they will be very textured.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Very good, I hate a slick rifle stock...I had a Remington 700 Custom KS Mountain Rifle that had an extremely slick stock, the colder the weather the slicker it got....Ha!..........Hb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
From the looks of them, they don't appear overly textured. Here is the website of the company that makes them

http://agcomposites.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by darrenk75b
From the looks of them, they don't appear overly textured. Here is the website of the company that makes them

A friend of mine just picked up a Bergara HMR which apparently has an AG stock. I was expecting tupperware but was impressed at how ridgid the stock was. The paint was speckled like a McM but with a much glossier/smoother finish.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by darrenk75b

From http://agcomposites.com/ :

Black Sky, Desert Camo, Hunter Green and Charcoal Gray are a textured paint. This paint provides a comfortable and effective grip.

...again, I ain't had my mitts on one from a Barrett...yet...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stocky Stocks sells these stocks as well. They list the LOP as 13.875" and overall length as 30.75". They don't show any options on LOP??

"Team 7MM-08"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Be nice if Barrett offered some of the other colors!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stocky Stocks sells these stocks as well. They list the LOP as 13.875" and overall length as 30.75". They don't show any options on LOP??
Stockys stock may be the same as the one on the Barrett but it ain't the same stock on a Forbes/Nula. I have one of each and they are a little different.The one from Stockys is for a Rem. long action sporter contour and it weighs 25 oz. Wrist feels slightly different than Forbes/Nula and forearm is kinda squared off looking on the end. Buttstock is about same dimensions.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Montucky Fieldcraft side by side?

Honorary Gouger per Travis
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here are some pics. Grabbed a couple off the shelf.

Montana on top. Note the closed grip on the Barrett.

[Linked Image]

Montana on top again. The Barrett forearm is longer.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've taken a couple of out the stock to examine bedding. Both bedding jobs were excellent.

I'm impressed with the rifles. Honestly, Barrett did it right. Weight, stock, bedding, 3" mag box, all stainless, Timney trigger, balance....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Darrik,

Thanks for doing that!
The Fieldcraft looks to be about 1-ish" longer on the forearm.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Be nice if Barrett offered some of the other colors!

Anything else? *grins*

Couple of folks that'll do whatever you like:

http://beanlandrifles.com/
http://newultralightarms.com/
http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/
http://hbrifles.com/

smile

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked and handled one today too. Wow! It is the only rifle in the shop that I would consider trading my 7mm-08 Montana for. If the Barrett was a 7mm-08, I think I'd be all over it.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What's the barrel contour like compared to the Montana? Is it any heavier at all?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lastround
I looked and handled one today too. Wow! It is the only rifle in the shop that I would consider trading my 7mm-08 Montana for. If the Barrett was a 7mm-08, I think I'd be all over it.

Doug, what caliber? Must be good to make you think of trading the Montana...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know what the length of pull is on the Fieldcraft? I don't see any mention of it in the specs on their site.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by lastround

Doug, what caliber? Must be good to make you think of trading the Montana...

He handled a 308. You'll be wanting one😀

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Does anyone know what the length of pull is on the Fieldcraft? I don't see any mention of it in the specs on their site.

I read it somewhere? Maybe in this thread or the manual?

It's slightly longer than 13 1/2". I can't remember the exact number, so I won't give bad info as the gospel.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My creedmoor has just under 14" LOP. Between 13 3/4-14".

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How long for the 6.5 Swede's to show?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have only seen 308's and a few creedmoor's so far

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here are some pics. Grabbed a couple off the shelf.

Montana on top. Note the closed grip on the Barrett.

[Linked Image]

Montana on top again. The Barrett forearm is longer.

[Linked Image]

Really like the looks of that, thanks for posting the pictures. Hope you can ship to Canada one day smile

Gerry.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gerry35

Really like the looks of that, thanks for posting the pictures. Hope you can ship to Canada one day smile

Same here! Or I sense another group import thru PRF if that LH Fieldcraft ever materializes... wink

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll be ready for a LH rifle when they are made. Or more...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by gerry35

Same here! Or I sense another group import thru PRF if that LH Fieldcraft ever materializes... wink

Yep, just like those 375's a few years back smile As it stands now a LH 30-06 would be mighty appealing to me and useful...........

Gerry.
djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wolverine Supplies will/are bringing them in. $2435

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I wonder if they'll ever offer them in a wood stock?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Marty,
The one I played with is a .308. Nice, light, solid rifle. I won't really trade, but I do like that Barrett. If I didn't already own the Montana...........

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by K22
I wonder if they'll ever offer them in a wood stock?

I'm sure you can stop wondering about that one. I sure doubt it just like I doubt they start chambering things like 6remington 257 Roberts 7x57 220 swift 284 cases and 250AI.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Actually there are plans to offer a wood stocked model.

Hemingway
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I would like to see them offer it in .300 Win....I would be sorely tempted.....Hb

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
buds had em when i checked last night

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
bout $1,600 when all is said and done

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jac3k
Actually there are plans to offer a wood stocked model.

grin whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, tomorrow is open... grin

ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Well, tomorrow is open... grin

I'm betting we'll have one less Fieldcraft after your visit!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I handled this rifle at length at the NRA show and spent a good bit of time talking to Chris about its features.

This rifle is very well thought-out and executed in every respect. It is precisely fitted where it needs to be and leaves room for debris in some very creative ways. I have one on the way for testing and can't wait to shoot it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I handled this rifle at length at the NRA show and spent a good bit of time talking to Chris about its features.

This rifle is very well thought-out and executed in every respect. It is precisely fitted where it needs to be and leaves room for debris in some very creative ways. I have one on the way for testing and can't wait to shoot it.

Please keep us posted.

Where in Alabama are you? Send a PM if you prefer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My 7-08 Montana is going on the classifieds as soon as I can get my hands on a Barrett so chambered.
It's about time somebody gets something so easy, right. Couldn't be by better people either.
I hope it's as big a success as it deserves to be and they sell a million of them. People need to get back to buying quality guns built to hand down through generations instead of this disposable price point garbage that's flooding the market.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Preach it. Could not agree more.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Fieldcraft will cause lots of rifles to hit the classifieds this year. It's a superb package.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah that looks to be the best mouse trap going.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a damn nice rifle!

ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They are flowing...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want one in 22-250.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I want one in 22-250.

They are in process. Hold on! 18" threaded and 21" non-threaded. 1:7

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Uber...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish the LOP wasn't 14" is the only thing I see being to turn me off from them. I like a short LOP personally.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bandsaws work really well. Being 6'3" tall with 37" sleeves the 14" LOP seems short to me. It's relatively easy to shorten a stock but much harder to lengthen one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HAHA....good point but I am a millennial so I only think about myself right? smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
They are flowing...

[Linked Image]

Those have picatinny bases on em. Whats with that?

Only bummer about these is my Forbes are probably loosing value:(

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Every rifle is test fired from a bench by a person. The Pic bases are on the rifles so one scope can quickly be moved from rifle to rifle for 100 meter test fire. The bases are removed and reinstalled on the next batch of rifles.

Sounds cumbersome but it is way faster than leveling a scope in Talley mounts thousands of times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are those threaded barrels? If so what's the thread specs?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Are those threaded barrels? If so what's the thread specs?

Yes they are. 5/8-24 on all calibers. For now only "short action" calibers are available with 18" threaded barrels.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Every rifle is test fired from a bench by a person. The Pic bases are on the rifles so one scope can quickly be moved from rifle to rifle for 100 meter test fire. The bases are removed and reinstalled on the next batch of rifles.

Sounds cumbersome but it is way faster than leveling a scope in Talley mounts thousands of times.

How many rounds per gun do they fire? I assume they are proving 1MOA or less accuracy?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Awesome! I want a job shooting them. I have a feeling you guys are going to be producing a bunch of these.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by STS45

....at full msrp.....pass.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by STS45

....at full msrp.....pass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Looking forward to some more full fledged handling and accuracy reports.......

Doug
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'll try to get a report in the next couple of weeks. Waiting on brass right now...and it's crunch time at work so it may be a while. I'll at least try to get some pics and details (weights, side by side, etc) in comparison to a Montana up this weekend.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll try to get a report in the next couple of weeks. Waiting on brass right now...and it's crunch time at work so it may be a while. I'll at least try to get some pics and details (weights, side by side, etc) in comparison to a Montana up this weekend.

I'll really be looking forward to the full review. What's the barrel contour compared to a Montana?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'll really be looking forward to the full review. What's the barrel contour compared to a Montana?

You've forfeited your privilege to ask questions after a couple of invites to shoot specific rifles that you've not accepted... Nah, invite's still open and I'll try to compare the contours, hopefully this weekend.

I threw the 21" 6.5 on a postal scale before I put it in the safe. It was a fraction of an ounce over 5lbs....so yeah, it varied a little less than slightly.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.