Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
When the weather gets better, you need to stretch that rifle's legs out to at least 50 yards. That's where we shoot ours during our rimfire shoots...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've always thought it made good sense to treat the entire rear surface of the receiver as the recoil lug---it's all ya got. I've bedded one 10-22 this way. The result was a pretty snug fit and it took a little more effort to get the barreled action into and out of the stock, but worth the trouble IMO.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It does well at longer ranges, just had those targets from the 50' indoor range.

Subsonics don't hold up like high speed ammo. They'll do OK to about 50 yds. or so, beyond that, not too impressive.

My hunting bud really likes 38 gr. Fed. Game-Shok .22 LR ammo. I've seen him bust stuff at a hundred yds.; he's a good shot.

I got some of those recently, they're hard to find. May try them in the suppressed gun. I know they'll crack the sound barrier, but will still be quieter than non suppressed guns.

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've determined there really isn't a wrong way to bed a 10/22.

That's a nice rifle you have DF.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
10-22s are just fun guns

I decided to take two triggers to Dick Williams gunsmith in Saginaw MI
Lysle said he would clean them up and I asked if he with smooth out the bolt catch make that easier
I expect they will be good when I get them back

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Did a Power Custom trigger kit on my 10/22 a while back. Took about 20 minutes, nice 2 3/4 pound trigger with no creep. The BX would be a lot easier, I just don't like the new mag release. The rifle had a much cleaner look with the old flush one.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought a Volquartsen hammer when they first came out. With it and some fooling with the springs I have a 1 3/4 LB trigger with a tiny bit of creep. I also tapped an over-travel screw into the trigger guard -- this helps a lot.

Finally, I installed a VQ Carbon Fiber barrel (16") and a Hogue over-molded stock. Also an over-sized safety button and a plastic buffer.

This particular 10-22 is used for shooting Richardson's Ground Squirrels out of a pick-up. It's short, light and handy. Groups very well; even with HV hollow points.

I told a non-gunny friend about Brimstone and he had a trigger done there. He was pleased. I think he got the mid-priced work done.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.