P.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by rost495
I think if you would put guns and deer before the wife, then its time to get rid of her. IMHO. Sounds like you have other priorities.

I have no wife (evidently you missed the part where I did not remarry).

Don't need somebody for validation.
Not unless she has big t*ts and some good hunting ground.
You've been living with her for 8 years ago IIRC, thats a wife.... if you didn't know it. Sorry to have to tell you.

My wife does not validate me....no hunting ground, not big well....still the best thing I ever did was commit to her for life. I'd toss all my hunting and guns for her in an instant. yet I will never have to, she hunts, buys her own guns etc... last purchase was glock 20SF....and a 22 upper for plinking with it, plus found her own holster style for its use.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
She ask me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bump was plenty evident as she was about 5 mos. pregnant when we got married

It was our 3rd kid

I still love her & she tolerates me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Knew each other informally at college for a couple of years. Ran cross-country together for a season, started dating, engaged in February, married in...umm...I think it was May.

22 years ago, if my math is correct.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
What do you have to do to take it back?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dated for a year before a year of training minimized the time we had together. Kept dating, but I'd only see her once or twice a week. Didn't know where I was going to be sent, and a few of the options were not compatible with her. Thankfully, I got sent somewhere we could both be happy, but didn't know how she was going to like moving away from her college town and the deep social circle she had there. Moved in February, she came out by March, bought a home in early December, asked her to marry me a couple days before Christmas of that year. So all totaled about 3 years of dating. Plus another year and a half before marriage.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Same as Ace, I KNEW after a few dates. So did She. 6 months of dating and married after a year.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not log enough..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 270winchester
Just curious.

Less than a month. Feb 19, 2017 will be 45 years ........................

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Too long the first time; trying to get finances and all sorted out. Second GF, it just came about as a natural fit, and I am pretty sure the better choice overall. 44 years now, no regrets. That is one of those things where a small difference in path leads to a way different finish.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I cain't talk chit to people who live in Tennessee.

They'd be here by breakfast time.

Not true,it was lunch time before I got there. But then again I did have to come from Alabama. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
New her about a month, asked her on out first date. That was 38 years ago.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Six weeks. After being married to her for nearly 32 years, I wonder what took me so long.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
9 years for me, just to be " engaged" no plan to be married and pay the tax to the state.

I've been married and it was a struggle with an addict. Kinda gave up on that it was a mess.

This time, I've been unable to convince myself of the need for the license. She will always be my girlfriend for life, We have been together long enough to put her on my employees health benefits, and she can also now drive my company vehicle.

We are each others full beneficiaries in all financial and medical requirements, and we each own our own homes. Engagement is likely as far as it will go. However....... the words never and always are often troublesome for me.

Seems like the plan is working and I really do not fully grasp the "marriage" concept when there are no mutually created children involved. Am I to assume that paying the tax to the state gets us anything we don't already share?

Neither of us is ever going to leave the other, However if some kind of catastrophic event occurred, either of us could just walk away with no legal marriage "license" to cause that huge court battle.

As far as "Common Law" well some states may have different ways to manage this. I've watched this play out twice in my life in Washington State with good friends. In neither case was the battle even close to having that marriage license. The couples were sent to mediation to divide up the things they owned mutually, whatever they owned separately remained theirs. Neither man lost any property, or savings, retirement, investments, etc. Actually neither had to even share what he actually had in his personal bank account. With the exception of the joint account that one fella had with his girlfriend.

A third guy that was living with a lady 10 years, but not full time as they both owned homes, had the whole thing thrown out as not relevant to common law. Given my options, I'll choose the common law battle every time over the purchase of the license! Seems to me the court struggles with the concept of common law division of property.

Imagine the simple divide of property. Versus the complicated mess that 35 dollar tax will cause you!

As it is for us, I refer to her as my wife and girlfriend interchangeably. Partner sounds to gay. I must admit those gays really helped with the healthcare and car permission! Our company is politically correct and cannot discriminate against a straight couple now ( us) for health care rights! I was the first one to challenge this when I managed to get her on my benefits.

I have recently started to refer to her as my undocumented wife. That really screws peoples understanding of English up!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Met in March, proposed December, married July. 21 years.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

My gal is sitll auditioning.................

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Certifiable
10 years

LOL,

CA and Bay Area non-the less... ?

Precious.

Born and raised. I guess you could say I had my reasons... married ten years now and wouldn't change a thing. Precious, ain't it...?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I never proposed,she did.I took a long time to answer her.Made sure she understood I was not going to change my hunting,fishing habits.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When my wife and I started dating we both told each other we would never get married anytime soon.

Four months later, we were engaged. Six months later we were married. 25 years later (this July) we are still married.

I got the better end of the deal, and she got stuck with my dumb ass. smile

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, Akpilot, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,192 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,119
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.