[Linked Image]

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by rost495
I think, if I get the chance for that barrel shoot, I'd just as soon get up high somewhere and use my long range skills and plunk a couple as needed, from 500-1000 yards away and be somewhat away from the mess, but that might not even be possible.

I suspect I"ll have access to other ways to get them without all the 3 ring tent setups though. I hope.

That's exactly what I did when I did participate in this hunt. Take snow machines, get away from the road and get high. Longest shot to date for me on an animal. 426 yards(IIRC) ...257 Bee

[Linked Image]

Maybe I'm not so wet behind the ears if that plan has worked. LOL. 308 is all setup for whatever it requires. But would take a sled to pack it up the hill... LOL

Alaskan talk for snowmobile- sled, snow machine, and some others I can't think of right now..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Snow go.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Sled" is kind of a 'city-slicker' way of saying sno-go/snowmachine. The machine is just the power that replaces the dogs; the sled is the 'workhorse' which does the hardwork of hauling stuff. (I've seen elders scold young bucks and send them home when they've seen them out 'in the country' without a sled. Without a sled, they're probably up to no good and might just waste something.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
"Sled" is kind of a 'city-slicker' way of saying sno-go/snowmachine. The machine is just the power that replaces the dogs; the sled is the 'workhorse' which does the hardwork of hauling stuff. (I've seen elders scold young bucks and send them home when they've seen them out 'in the country' without a sled. Without a sled, they're probably up to no good and might just waste something.)

I live in wasilla so I guess I'm a city slicker...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

If it ain't one of your primary vehicles.....yeah, and especially if you need to put it on a trailer in order to ride it...yeah.

(I was just thinking today, when a $40,000 pickup went by with $20,000 worth of snowmachine and trailer, how utterly ridiculous the whole concept of snowmachines has gotten. And of course there were no sleds. Why would there be?)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Klikitarik; 12/02/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it ain't one of your primary vehicles

If ya'll had a road or two, you'd prefer a heater and a radio your own self grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sno Go is the first word we ever heard for a snow mobile machine. LOL

I believe that was actually a brand, may still be, it was 70s in WI visiting my teachers family for Christmas

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S

I thought that made y'all valley trash?
smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 79S

I thought that made y'all valley trash?
smile

Just because we like our wine out of a box ..

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Boy o boy! Has the Spanker got a deal for you! smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Neighbor calls it high-quality gulping wine!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,528
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.