Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
ordered a scope yesterday morning, got it just now.....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
ordered a scope yesterday morning, got it just now.....

I get stuff like that pretty regular from them.

Through the U.S. mail, no doubt! ??? shocked

Let someone send a check through the mail, and it gets here MUCH later... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Needed a new kitchen timer of all things, ordered it on a Friday morning and it was delivered Sunday morning. I think that's the first time in my life I've had a Sunday delivery.

I actually got Prime for the streaming TV service but am buying more and more stuff from them to take advantage of the free two day shipping. They don't always have everything you need online but pretty close to it. Needed some Talley rings for a new Tikka and found a used but like new set for half of the best price I'd found at any other online dealer - and it got here about twice as fast as it would have from another dealer.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I use Prime because it's easier and cheaper than driving into town.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got it for the shipping and have probably doubled my money.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Amazon's opened shipping centers in 25 cities.

You will see a lot more of the "Wow, I got it in one day!" from them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
love prime

got ripped off by two "new" 3rd party resellers in the past 2 weeks on Amazon though.

Amazon made good on the refund but I ended up having to pay almost twice as much for a replacement.

They need to get better vetting on their sellers.

Prime is great for video, music and now Alexa enabled apps too.

I would probably give up several other things before I gave up Prime right now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I can't believe how fast they ship. I once ordered a small item on a Saturday afternoon and the mailman showed up with it on Sunday just before noon. It wasn't something that was urgent at all. I wish they would give you an option to opt out of the fast shipping when you don't need it. I felt bad for them going to all that trouble for a $10 item that I didn't need fast. It is well worth the money and the movies and music are a nice benefit.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We do not get mail on Sunday.That is fast for sure.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I don't buy enough from them to justify Prime, but I had one of their credit cards and they felt justified in charging me for Prime even though I didn't request it.... mad

One phone call and a pair of scissors later and the problem was solved!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just started the 30 day trial, figure the shipping is easily worth it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I signed up for Prime recently. One thing I like is to be able to ship to various addresses. Saves me from getting the item, and then re shipping to a family member that the item was for.
The streaming stuff seems to be much of a bait and switch. Lots of the offerings require an additional subscription to say Acorn or another service.
The video looks like you have to pay for most of it. The 'stations' are not nearly as good as Pandora, which I already had.
Prime is a good value, for the free shipping alone.

Sam......

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My wife had signed up for prime. Seems to work well for us. ED K

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSH
I can't believe how fast they ship. I once ordered a small item on a Saturday afternoon and the mailman showed up with it on Sunday just before noon. It wasn't something that was urgent at all. I wish they would give you an option to opt out of the fast shipping when you don't need it. I felt bad for them going to all that trouble for a $10 item that I didn't need fast. It is well worth the money and the movies and music are a nice benefit.

they do give you an option - often if you take regular 5 day delivery they give you a credit for movies or food. The amount varies from item to item

I just used a $5 pantry credit that I had because I postpone shipping an item that was available for one day shipping

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hugh
We do not get mail on Sunday.That is fast for sure.

We don't normally get mail on Sundays either which made it even more surprising. Apparently they deliver some packages on Sundays now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's something that disappointed me about the Prime TV as well. Only some - half maybe? - of the shows are included in the annual fee, the rest you have to pay for at $1.99 per episode which I won't do since you can find a lot of those for free on other streaming channels. Same with movies, some are included in the subscription fee but others are anywhere from .99 to $4.99 to "rent" for 48 hours or so - the price does go down over time.

It pays to shop around for the shows or movies you want to watch. If Amazon doesn't have it for free then Netflix or maybe HBO does. Speaking of, I got my HBO subscription through Prime for a good bit less than I would have paid for it straight from HBO and that gives you all of the HBO series and movies.

But the free shipping from Amazon really is worth a good part of the annual fee if someone orders a lot of things online. A friend of mine figures he and his wife do 80-90% of their purchases through Amazon these days.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have a 60 day trial for prime and it has been great!

One of my hunting partners has the "Prime" buttons for stuff they order all the time and loves it! Amazon was selling them for $5 with $5 off your next order. He checked prices for paper towels, toilet paper, etc all was cheaper than even local stores including walmart.

Need paper towels just push the button it is programed for the item you want and sends the signal to your wireless router two days later your order is at your door!

Ted
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've had Prime for about 5 years.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Let someone send a check through the mail, and it gets here MUCH later... grin

I have the same phenomenon here....I've been waiting for two weeks for a check a guy allegedly mailed to me for the shipping costs of a rifle and some ammo I sold him....
Funny part is.....the rifle only took five days to get to his 20...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fast shipping and no sales tax. If I go buy something at any of the shopping centers, Bass Pro or Cabela's im going to pay 8-10% sales tax. Order it from Amazon and no tax and I don't have to drive to get it. I can pay $5 more for a $50 item and still save money not driving or paying taxes.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
469 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 43 invisible), 2,183 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.