D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by deflave
Holy fugg!

I guess I missed the price sheet. I thought these were closer to $1,500.00.

Dave

For $1300, one could get one in, un-FUBAR the .22 caliber f'k up pretty easily and still be into a damn nice rig for well under $2k.

....and still be $1500 less than the Ed Brown offering. When they come out with the 28 Nosler version, I'm in for one.

I have an Ed Brown Damara in .300 WM, a very well crafted rifle.

Seems Legendary got Ed's CRF design and are building their version of his action. I traded for my Damara, but as noted by others, the Ed Brown price point was way more than LAW's price point.

Ed used Jewell triggers, a McM stock like their Edge, made from his proprietary mold. Ed also used Shilen Match barrels and his proprietary coating, sorta like Cerakote. Even with a very light weight rifle, he used steel bottom metal.

Ed shut down his rifle line to concentrate on pistols. I'm glad I was able to get one of his rifles when I did.

I hope LAW can get their act together and we hear nothing but positive reports. I like the Ed Brown CRF design and how it works.

DF

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am one, perhaps the only, that is seeing zero appeal in this rifle. Zero.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed, I am with you. There are better ways to spend my money.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When they get the bugs worked out they'll be a good rifle to grab.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You know this how?

So far they seem like a WINNING company to deal with. Their main PR guy on the 'Fire jumped ship, apparently you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting a real turd and they can't get a guy's turd turned around for him.

All the makings of being a GREAT COMPANY

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You know this how?

So far they seem like a WINNING company to deal with. Their main PR guy on the 'Fire jumped ship, apparently you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting a real turd and they can't get a guy's turd turned around for him.

All the makings of being a GREAT COMPANY

I understand RD's sentiment.

If LAW is producing a lower cost version of the Ed Brown series, then it may have potential, at least Ed turned out some superb rifles.

The design and idea are solid, execution is the issue.

Kimber had problems, especially early on. And they seemed to have survived those early issues to be esteemed by many here on the Fire.

So, I'm giving these guys a chance. I didn't buy one, may never. Time will tell how they pan out and if they survive.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad someone understood and I was going to use the Kimber example as well. I seem to remember a few reports about them dragging their heels replacing a barrel on a rifle that shot crappy. I know they offer no promise of accuracy but if a rifle is shooting 2+ inch groups these days that cost as much as a Kimber, you would think the company would try to keep the customer happy. Have no idea how many infected LAW's there are out there, but like I said, a guy over at OT has one in 6.5 Creed and it's a shooter.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, Kimber rep wasn't nearly as concerned as I was about 1 1/2 MOA from a .308 Classic. They said that was within their specs.

Not mine. A 23" 5C Broughton cured that problem and this gun is a half MOA keeper. Slightly more mass out front helped balance and handling IMO. The factory tube, other than not shooting, was too light and whippy.

DF

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just handled a LAW professional in 300 Wm at a local store. I was really impressed with the fit, finish and feel. Wasn't really a caliber I was looking for otherwise I would have been really tempted to take it home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bump to hear any reports from this year

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I just tested a .300 Winchester Magnum Professional model extensively. It was very accurate, and functioned perfectly in every other way, including the controlled-round feeding. Weight with a 3-10x42 Nightforce SHV in NF rings (neither particularly light in weight) was 8 pounds 3 ounces; a lighter scope and mounts could drop that weight by up to a pound. The pillar bedding of the stock (the same basic model as Mark Bansner's very good High Tech synthetic) was excellent. MSRP is $1999, which includes an installed but easily removable muzzle brake, which is right in there with other semi-production rifles on the market today.

Had a couple talks with Mark, who readily admitted some start-up problems, but apparently the biggest problem they're having now is keeping up with demand.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you MD, this is good news.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I just tested a .300 Winchester Magnum Professional model extensively. It was very accurate, and functioned perfectly in every other way, including the controlled-round feeding. Weight with a 3-10x42 Nightforce SHV in NF rings (neither particularly light in weight) was 8 pounds 3 ounces; a lighter scope and mounts could drop that weight by up to a pound. The pillar bedding of the stock (the same basic model as Mark Bansner's very good High Tech synthetic) was excellent. MSRP is $1999, which includes an installed but easily removable muzzle brake, which is right in there with other semi-production rifles on the market today.

Had a couple talks with Mark, who readily admitted some start-up problems, but apparently the biggest problem they're having now is keeping up with demand.

How was the accuracy?

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

This does not surprise me at all. I've had Bansners shop work on several rifles for years with never an issue. So I was surprised at the early reports on the LAW rifles. I also had exposure to a couple of Ed Brown rifles and liked the action. I felt as if anyone could make the rifle perform, Mark could do it.

Knowing Bansner, I suspected he just had start up troubles associated with going semi production versus full custom. If I needed anther rifle I'd be inclined to try one of these myself.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just to chime in... I was waiting for my dealer to get in a LAW Professional in 300 win mag and as luck would have it, it just came in. I got the opportunity to go over a Legendary Arms rifle a few times over the last year in other calibers. Absolutely top shelf quality. Build construction and balance is excellent on my 300win. I have a VX3 3-10 on it to keep the over all package light and trim. Weight is as light as I would ever want (7lbs) with a 300 win mag long action. I am not recoil shy at all and can report that the Professional with its muzzle break is the lightest 300 mag recoil I have ever felt. It has to be a combination of the stock and muzzle break because it has tamed full power 180gr loads to feel like a 30-06. These guns are built to use and hunt with. They have a bomb proof feel without feeling heavy or bulky.
I am still breaking in the barrel but accuracy is well within the 1 moa guarantee. The M704 action is smooooth. I mean butter smooth. Either feeding the rifle a single round at a time or pulling a round from the magazine, the CRF and extractor works smoother than others I have on my Winchesters, etc.. Extracting is smoother by the way it lightly hands you a spent case by working the bolt slowly or rocketing out a case by working the action fast. The difference with the LAW over the other systems are that you almost feel no resistance when manipulating the bolt fast or slow. Tolerances of the floor plate and controls are as good as it gets in the custom rifle world. Top quality all around and feels much nicer that other custom rifles I have handled costing 2-3x as much $$. I suspect these rifles are currently under valued and demand will make them extremely hard to find. I can tell you my LAW Professional, Kimber Adirondack, and M70 JOC, are the trifecta in my collection and I probably could sell off all my other rifles as they will gather dust on the wall.

Last edited by mystro; 12/04/16.

The Lord loves humility.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, the LAW Professional in 6.5 Creedmoor was too good of a deal with Darrik's 5% off today...

Range report when I run it through its paces...

ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Well, the LAW Professional in 6.5 Creedmoor was too good of a deal with Darrik's 5% off today...

Range report when I run it through its paces...

I was really tempted for the same one! Let us know how it is.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I bought two of the LAW Professional rifles, a 28 Nosler and a 35 Whelen.
Both are tackdrivers and function like a watch, I couldn't be happier with them.
Money well spent..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ugh. Went through the scope ring box and no weaver or picatinny rings. Gotta order some. Thoughts?

ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
How much you looking to spend.....

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.