Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I agree with Certifiable. I am 64 but i still remember being young and having fun. Hell i did not know what a sprinkler system was when i was young. Fire alarm? Cmon guys it was young folks. Say a prayer for them and family. ED K

BP-B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't see how they could get an occupancy permit with no sprinklers, pallets for a stairway, etc.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Rost, I get the place wasn't safe, far from it in fact.. but how many here have ever been in a packed bar, concert venue etc where if a fire broke out things may have not gone so well? I certainly have, and I wasn't checking out the fire sprinklers while I was partying having a good time.. just saying the criticism seems harsh.

Guilty, growing up in the Bay Area.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
If we were stupid enough to allow this type of catastrophe to happen at a Trump rally or a big gun show, the patrons of the aforementioned venue would be dancing in the streets with glee at our demise.

But we are different than them, right????????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I check for fire sprinklers, and multiple exits.
Stepdad worked for sprinkler company.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Small and big venue live music, pubs, restaurants...........old stuff in big cities is cool.
But you gotta be watchful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
I've dated several artists in my lifetime. I happen to like a creative mind. but not one of them would follow the rules. And not one was faithful. One would rather steal for me then ask her folks for money ( of which they had in plenty).
I consider the term "artist" warning flag these days.

I have had experience with some gunsmiths that consider themselves artists
and they exhibited serious moral flaws in business.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
It don't talk a genius to figure out that climbing a stack of pallets to the second floor to party with a bunch of idiots, might not be the best idea.

Journalists reporting from wars zones, people recreationally climbing mountains, solo sailing across oceans,
but FFS please don't climb a pallet staircase to the second floor of a warehouse.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by kellory
I've dated several artists in my lifetime. I happen to like a creative mind. but not one of them would follow the rules. And not one was faithful. One would rather steal for me then ask her folks for money ( of which they had in plenty).
I consider the term "artist" warning flag these days.

I have had experience with some gunsmiths that consider themselves artists
and they exhibited serious moral flaws in business.

It don't talk a genius to figure out that climbing a stack of pallets to the second floor to party with a bunch of idiots, might not be the best idea.

Journalists reporting from wars zones, people recreationally climbing mountains, solo sailing across oceans,
but FFS please don't climb a pallet staircase to the second floor of a warehouse.

Apparently you're another idiot that is incapable of understanding the difference.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Rost, I get the place wasn't safe, far from it in fact.. but how many here have ever been in a packed bar, concert venue etc where if a fire broke out things may have not gone so well? I certainly have, and I wasn't checking out the fire sprinklers while I was partying having a good time.. just saying the criticism seems harsh.

Nor was I, but I was also bright enough to figure out that climbing pallets in a shiethole didn't make sense.

Of course I was already floating around the Bering Ocean with Korean War and Vietnam vets by the time these idiots graduated High School

Good forbid people would assume ADULTS would have some ability to reason sheit out. Personally I don't care, idiots dying bother me not.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
JFC some of y'all are miserable pricks.
Buncha folks who weren't hurtin anybody got burned alive but they deserved it because of... ummm...CA politics...

But we're bright enough not to live in that sheithole you do. I can't recall the exact reason I put your ass on ignore, but it must have been from some more liberal BS coming from your piehole.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
as always we are reduced to beating the chit out of each other for having opposing views.
The loss of life is appalling. The venue was questionable, and should have been to anyone walking into the place. You pays your money, and you takes your chances. It's always that way.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Buncha folks who weren't hurtin anybody got burned alive but they deserved it because of... ummm...CA politics...

I can't see where anyone said they "deserved it". Those are your words.

Getting to the root cause of why this happened, is different than being judgemental.

But, then YOU are the one being judgemental, aren't you? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
This is just another example of the failure of liberal politicians to do their job. Like Obama they enforce only the rules they like. In this case it cost a bunch of non too bright folks their lives. The regulators who failed to inspect or enforce should be held to account as should the sorry ass owner. I watcher a presser on Fox with the female fire chief one look was enough. There she stood fresh faced makeup flowing hair, and not so much as a smudge on her immaculate turn out gear. Hope this gives second thoughts to those who continue to trust their future to a collection incompetent PC politicians,but i doubt it.

But we're bright enough not to live in that sheithole you do. I can't recall the exact reason I put your ass on ignore, but it must have been from some more liberal BS coming from your piehole.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as always we are reduced to beating the chit out of each other for having opposing views.
The loss of life is appalling. The venue was questionable, and should have been to anyone walking into the place. You pays your money, and you takes your chances. It's always that way.

Sam we've disagreed in the past but for the most part that's how I see it as well.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Terrible situation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know if any of you know how a rave works but nobody had a permit to do any of the schit they were doing.

It's not legal.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I can't see where anyone said they "deserved it". Those are your words.

Getting to the root cause of why this happened, is different than being judgemental.

But, then YOU are the one being judgemental, aren't you? whistle

Rock, perhaps you are correct. Nobody outright said they deserved it. The vibe of the thread seemed to me to be a little more of an opportunity to poke fun at CA politics than anything else. Which to me seems in poor taste when 30+ bodies are still smoking.
Not at all defending our politics just saying doubt Oakland is the only place in the USA with some building code violations, and youth that make poor choices with partying.

She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

SH, I get that your just trolling for a reaction, but Me? a liberal?? That's funny coming from somebody who puts one on ignore cause you didn't like something I said. Go back and find my "liberal BS", and in the meantime eat a bag of diks.

She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't know if any of you know how a rave works but nobody had a permit to do any of the schit they were doing.

It's not legal.

Dave

Nope, none of it is. Raves are more often than not held in impromptu underground locations based on them being exactly what they are. Big unsanctioned parties..

She's gone shootin..
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

It's not legal.

Dave

I think that's what makes them so appealing to participants.
The key is, don't let it cost you your life.

I think that's one things for sure tho, that definitely changes where the liability falls.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 12/05/16.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (12344mag, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.