-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another good one by Stephen Bochco was NYPD Blue.

I believe the first episode introducing Det. Sipowicz had him coming out of court where some female lawyer had gotten a suspect off on a technicality. She said something smarmy to him about the law that may have included the phrase "ipso facto" so he grabbed his crotch and said "ipso this, Counselor!". Pushing the limits for TV at the time...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by T LEE
My all time favorite cop show, came closer than anything else to the real cop life I knew, Of course Veronica Hammel sure helped with the scenery.

Based on Chicago PD of the day and filmed there.

You are mostly correct.
It was filmed with scenes from quite a few places, including here in columbus ohio. The court house shown is in philly, and it was based on Chicago. They go to great pains NOT to name it, but the street addresses given don't lie. (They even hid most of the call letters from radio and tv station to hide the location.)

Don't forget they go by a tavern with and Old Style sign out front.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Which way does that round cylinder-like thing revolve?

along the Central cylindrical axis, if it rotated on any other axis, The corners would catch...

Dang it - these r'volvers here don't have any corners, and no central axle neither.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Great show

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which way does that round cylinder-like thing revolve?

along the Central cylindrical axis, if it rotated on any other axis, The corners would catch...

Dang it - these r'volvers here don't have any corners, and no central axle neither.

OMG the wheels have fallen off too?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This was the only show my parents would let me stay up and watch. Me and dad would always watch this together!! Good times for an eight year old

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always remember the rabid rat grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Another good one by Stephen Bochco was NYPD Blue.

I believe the first episode introducing Det. Sipowicz had him coming out of court where some female lawyer had gotten a suspect off on a technicality. She said something smarmy to him about the law that may have included the phrase "ipso facto" so he grabbed his crotch and said "ipso this, Counselor!". Pushing the limits for TV at the time...

I liked Hill Street Blues, but NYPD BLUE is one of my favorites. It's still comes on AUDHD (what ever that is) channel 239 direct tv. It's still good for a laugh. Sipowicz reminds me of myself, doesn't take much to change. Plus I still carry a revolver myself from time to time.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by Seafire
God I loved that show... remember watching the pilot...

It was off the charts in what was 'proper' for a typical TV show at that time...

when I saw it, I figured immediately it would be a smash hit...or that would be the one and only time it was ever shown on TV....

I admit to have a Joyce Davenport thing going on in the early 80s...Veronica Hamel was HoT!! in those days...

[Linked Image]

Really? I always thougth she was a skank.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Well... I guess so...

If I have to get stuck with a 'skank'... she's my kinda skank...

on the flip side, I wonder what Veronica Hamel would have thought of YOU.... yeah... He's way out of my league..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hill Street Blues is still there on YouTube. Watched the pilot episode a bit ago. Getting that through the ROKU cube, so it's on the big screen in the den.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NYPD was always my favorite. Kim Delaney was SMOKIN hot, too!
And the little blond that Sipowitz marries at the end of the series, Connie was too!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/04/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I loved the one where they were hunting Gators in the city sewers, under the Hill!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wild west it was our Dept. County Sheriffs issued S&W Chiefs specials 5 shots. Ammo was 158gr lead round nose. However we could carry anything we wanted. Fresh out of the Marine Corps it was a 45 colt commander with two spare mags for me. Mace was just coming out but we all carried those big Texan flat saps. It was a very different time back then as I am sure you know.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Well, I came up in the loaded six shot revolver and 12 extra rounds as load out plus a nightstick and Mace, leave the car, leave the radio.

Never felt under armed but went with a 9 shot Colt Commander .38 Super with two spare mags when we were allowed to switch.

Wild west days compared to today's environment.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I caught an old rerun. Everyone seemed to be carrying these strange sidearms. The grips looked to be covered with what looked to be some kind of wood, but the grips didn't seem thick enough to hold a clip, unless maybe they were chambered for .22lr. On top of that, it didn't look like there was nearly enough room to feed cartridges to the chamber. And that chamber was very oddly shaped; some sort of cylindrical-shaped affair. The barrel itself was also strange - round in cross section and quite thin.
HSB is on a local digital channel (5.7 out of the Twin Cities) nearly every night at 8 pm..

Still one of the best cop shows ever on TV..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Great show..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought the complete series so I can watch it over, and over, and over again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,401
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.