krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I read that while Romney's still on the short list for State, Trump is wanting to expand the list. Apparently he doesn't like who's on it right now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope he shows better decision making skills than he displayed in whether to take the job, or not...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I read that while Romney's still on the short list for State, Trump is wanting to expand the list. Apparently he doesn't like who's on it right now.

That makes two of us.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Johnny???

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im liking that choice. A lot.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That makes two of us.

That makes three of us.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I hope he shows better decision making skills than he displayed in whether to take the job, or not...

Same here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I absolutely don't get Carson for HUD.. except that he's black. Why not Health & Human Services? Much less Surgeon General.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I absolutely don't get Carson for HUD.. except that he's black. Why not Health & Human Services? Much less Surgeon General.

When a black man starts cutting and revising entitlements, the blacks won't be able to use the race card with much credit.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They'll start calling him Uncle Ben and say he isn't black anymore because his high level of education culturally bleached him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. White man's medicine, math, science, etc.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mathman
They'll start calling him Uncle Ben and say he isn't black anymore because his high level of education culturally bleached him.

well you can take the spade out of the ghetto, but NEVER can ya take the ghetto out of the spade...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I think Trump is just toying with Romney,...making him show up with his hat in his hand over and over.

It's how Trump is demonstrating to the people how little dignity Romney has.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I get it and it isn't because he is black. It is because he is one of the smartest people on the planet in analyzing solutions for near impossible problems.

Turning the tide on the inner city problems is about as difficult as one could imagine. I would rather put one of our best and brightest in charge of those problems. Dr. Carson fills the bill for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's easy to fix the inner city problems, the issue is no one in government can stomach the solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbob

I get it and it isn't because he is black. It is because he is one of the smartest people on the planet in analyzing solutions for near impossible problems.

Turning the tide on the inner city problems is about as difficult as one could imagine. I would rather put one of our best and brightest in charge of those problems. Dr. Carson fills the bill for me.

Hmm...
1) put one of the smartest people in charge of something he's totally unfamiliar with and see how good of a job he can do on something that wasn't a major campaign issue?
2) put him in charge of Health & Human Services and the FDA with an upcoming repeal of ObamaCare and let him see what he can do to streamline drug approvals, reduce ridiculous red tape and wipe out thousands of pages of bad regulations, and preside over Medicare/Medicaid? All of which he's intimately familiar with and it was a top camplaign issue.

Last edited by Calhoun; 12/05/16.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Hmm...
1) put one of the smartest people in charge of something he's totally unfamiliar with and see how good of a job he can do on something that wasn't a major campaign issue?
2) put him in charge of Health & Human Services and the FDA with an upcoming repeal of ObamaCare and let him see what he can do to streamline drug approvals, reduce ridiculous red tape and wipe out thousands of pages of bad regulations, and preside over Medicare/Medicaid? All of which he's intimately familiar with and it was a top camplaign issue.

And this is coming from someone that thought Trump didn't have a shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And this is coming from someone that thought Trump didn't have a shot.

This is going to be your default answer for the next 4 years every time you can't provide a real answer?

Just answer how "Only going to get the best people" equates to putting one of the brightest minds on the planet (according to you) in charge of something he doesn't know rather than in charge of something he's an expert in AND is a top priority? Is there somebody BETTER at Health & Human Services that Trump is going to get? Is Carson's opinions on the pyramids being built to store grain maybe something that he'll use to drastically fix inner city housing problem? Maybe he can use to that turn inner city projects into grain silos? I mean, I can't keep up with the thoughts that a brightest mind on the planet has...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I think Trump is just toying with Romney,...making him show up with his hat in his hand over and over.

It's how Trump is demonstrating to the people how little dignity Romney has.

That's what I figured from the moment he asked Romney. It's hilarious watching Romney grovel for a job from a man he besmirched from the beginning. Typical slimeball politician.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.