Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11634232 12/05/16
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I know JB isn't the popular pick for SoS but this guy is tack sharp on his feet and an encyclopedia on foreign affairs! If he doesn't get the nod, who would bring more to the table?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to know what's up with Rudy? He was a BIG Trump ally, but is not getting the love.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Bolton.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hatari
I want to know what's up with Rudy? He was a BIG Trump ally, but is not getting the love.

As someone mentioned a while back, Rudy isn't at the top of his game anymore. He has aged and slowed down a fair amount and while that in and of itself, wouldn't preclude someone, in this instance where foreign policy and relations isn't Rudy's forte´, I don't think he should be there simply because he was an effective cheerleader.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I like Bolton.

yeah Bolton would be a dynamite pick....

but sure wouldn't be popular with the anti American crowds, both domestically and internationally...

those that got use to get the Obama Political BJs aren't going to be happy that, that gig is over...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Bolton too.

I am curious that Rudy has been tapped for a post yet. He has spent the past 12+ years doing internation security. That is a valuable skill set these days.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bolton over Rudy any day.

I'd like to see Rudy as some kind of appt but Bolton as Sec of State would be uber.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't think that there's too many people that know foreign affairs like John Bolton. Plus, he's a hard ass. We need a hard ass as Sect. of State.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly.

And he has a mustache.

MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tarkio

As someone mentioned a while back, Rudy isn't at the top of his game anymore. He has aged and slowed down a fair amount and while that in and of itself, wouldn't preclude someone, in this instance where foreign policy and relations isn't Rudy's forte´, I don't think he should be there simply because he was an effective cheerleader.

This is what I noticed over the last several months of the election. There were multiple times when you could tell that he knew what he wanted to say but couldn't get the lines from brain to mouth to work. A couple of other times he just flat out missed Bigly.
Not bashing RG at all and have the greatest respect for him, but age is something we all must stare down at some point.
I like John Bolton.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rudy also has issues with some of the work he's done for folks overseas, which would be seen as a conflict.

Bolton is simply the best available. The fact that a lot of folks wouldn't like him is a huge qualification, as is his general disdain for all things associated with the U.N.

The piece on him today on Breitbart said he's not one to go out on his own against policy, but would follow the administration line.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bolton would be good.. But I also Like Bob Corker..

IMHO Rudy'd be a better choice for Homeland Security..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Bolton would be good.. But I also Like Bob Corker..

IMHO Rudy'd be a better choice for Homeland Security..

Corker wrote the bill that allowed Obama to bypass the Senate on the Iran deal. He is a first-class weasel-in-a-suit. NFW!

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/05/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They really need someone who knows the workings of the State Dept. and has utter contempt for the mandarins running it.

Bolton fits that bill. The left hates him too.

Can't believe that Jon Huntsman's name is being floated.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bolton would be GREAT as SoS, but that's why he's not top of the list. The usual suspects are scared of him.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and there is the fact, that a lot of 'top picks' have been away from the action for awhile, and have become rather independent.
They like being able to do and say what they want. They are not following someone else's agenda.
With Bolton, it might well be like that. He is pushing 70 as well, and who knows what his physical condition is now.

Sam......

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He would be good

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Bolton too.

I am curious that Rudy has been tapped for a post yet. He has spent the past 12+ years doing internation security. That is a valuable skill set these days.

He'd be excellent for Homeland Security

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I don't think that there's too many people that know foreign affairs like John Bolton. Plus, he's a hard ass. We need a hard ass as Sect. of State.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bolton has been my first choice since I knew Trump won. He's one sharp cookie.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 204guy, 34 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,171
Posts18,465,364
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.