Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Relatives graduated the university of washington?

My aunt and her husband
My uncle
My father
My cousin
My second cousin
My cousin's wife
My wife and her cousin
My brother and his girl girlfriend
My sister and her husband
My son and his wife
My daughter and her boyfriend

and me

If that list was University of Arkansas it would be actually only 3 different people total.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by milespatton
If Bama plays the game they are capable of, they will win going away, but that said, I was not impressed with the Quarterback play against Florida the other night, nor the the defense at first. The defense got it going, but the freshman quarterback did not impress. I have seen Him play better, but do not know if this is normal or not. miles

Agreed...Alabama has moments when it looks like they may fold. But, true to any championship caliber team, they have always rallied and begin to look like a well-oiled machine, absolutely decimating the team they are playing against. The quarterback is a freshman. He is going to be a Heisman winner at some point in his Alabama career. His natural gifts are very impressive. There are no weak spots on the Alabama team. I don't believe any of the other three teams in the playoffs can beat them on their best day.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
His natural gifts are very impressive.

That is very true, but decision making can hurt you bad against a good opponent. I would put my money on them if I were to bet, but just saying a freshman quarterback can be a bad thing in a championship game. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After the Huskies turn around 3 times they'll be behind 21-0. The Tide score more ways than just offense. powdr

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hurts will be fine. He enrolled early, has won 13 games and the SEC Championship in dominating fashion. He learns exceptionally fast, especially from his own mistakes. He fully understands "the process". Now he has a full month for some fine tuning. Sure he will make some mistakes as we have seen throughout the season, but overcoming adversity is the capstone of the process.

Roll Tide!

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Alabama coaches are looking at the 60 min game. If you notice, they run sideline to sideline early. Sure, they hope the play gains some yards, but they are trying get the defense winded. No team has the depth that Bama has, and Coach knows this.

Second half, boom....things start breaking open, and we start running down hill with men who should not be running as fast as they can for how big they are.

Florida did not want any part of the Bama offense at the end of the game

That said, Hurts has missed his read many times, which should make non-Bama fans more nervous, because he will get it all figured out.

Roll Tide!

Double_D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Relatives graduated the university of washington?

My aunt and her husband
My uncle
My father
My cousin
My second cousin
My cousin's wife
My wife and her cousin
My brother and his girl girlfriend
My sister and her husband
My son and his wife
My daughter and her boyfriend

and me

If that list was University of Arkansas it would be actually only 3 different people total.

LOL!

Give Nick Saban & co. a month to prepare the defense and UW is going to find themselves smothered. Whatever they do, the Tide's defense will be ready. I'll be rooting for the Dawgs, but I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited by natman; 12/05/16.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hurts is a unique individual; yet surely a freshman at times. His composure and calmness is almost "strange" to watch in the midst of all the emotion around him. His upside is tremendous as he only turned 18 in July. He is also a deceivingly strong athlete. He squatted 570lbs, which is more than any teammate other than lineman. And, he did that when he was 16.
And a "hateful" defense to back him up.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/05/16.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It does look like Alabama is the top dog among the four teams that will be in the playoff. I am pulling for Washington or Clemson to pull off an upset. OSU can lose 90 to nothing for all I care.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bama ain't gonna get beat. Texans couldn't beat them

Last edited by hanco; 12/05/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bama ain't gonna get beat.

I too believe that, but strange things happen in bowl games, after teams have been off for a while. Some seem to get better while others seem to lose focus.

miles

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How can Alabama be so darn good year after year? ? Hell, they are a (very good) semi-pro team that just happens to be attached to a small college in the south.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Two words; recruiting and coaching

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Cruiser1. . . . . . My post was not intended as a slam against Alabama. If you look at graduation rates among division 1A school football programs, Alabama ranks very, very high year after year. Saban simply doesn't tolerate slackers.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bugs4, no slam taken,all good. Bama fans just enjoying the ride, it won't last forever.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When you go on the field against BAMA......you aren't actually trying to beat BAMA!

You're trying to beat NICK SABAN!

And THAT....is VERY DIFFICULT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Saban has been a great asset to a program with a storied tradition.

When you beat Bama you have done just that, beaten Bama. I guess with Saban at the helm it may be an added bonus to some.

Everybody guns for Bama, always have and always will. When the great Saban is long gone the storyline will remain the same for Bama opponents. If we can only beat Bama...

And that will remain very difficult!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coach Pete will give them a run but it's men against boys. Half the Bama team will be drafted into the NFL. Nobody else gets recruits like they do and until there is a rule change 'salary cap' then it will stay lop sided.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lots of reasons, but one is that every stud around wants to play for Alabama. Used to be Notre Dame was that, when I was young. Every Catholic football player was automatically recruited. All they had to do was cull the ones they did not want. Another is that the players seem to stay longer at Alabama, and not go out early. That really hurts some schools like Arkansas. They don't have the depth that Bama and Florida has. Bama has more ranked players sitting on the bench than Arkansas even has. That is one very good reason that it is rare for another SEC team to beat Bama, not the coaching. Not knocking the coach but the game is rigged in Sabans favor from the start. miles

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe I'm missing something or just don't understand. How, exactly, is the game rigged in Saban's favor? Of course a bunch of studs want to attend Alabama. Alabama has excelled at building and sustaining a winning institution, not to mention a history of placing players at the next level.

You state that players wanting to stay for their full commitment hurts other schools. Some stay to improve their stock. Some stay because they feel it is the right thing to do. Some stay for a chance at multiple championships. What are we to do? Tell some players they are going to have to leave early, or tell them up front they should go to Ark. since we already have a good team?

The fact is Alabama has a competitive advantage. Some folks think that is unfair. If we start limiting those who excel, where do we end up? Participation Trophies?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,723
Posts18,457,308
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.