Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 16bore
Last goose I shot landed at my feet. And last means I'm not shooting anymore because they taste like schit.

At least around here...

Lotta people don't like anything with the iron liver taste. I like it grilled with lots of smoke and served with onions and radish. Had a beef tongue taco the other day that gave me an idea. Might do some enchiladas. The red sauce makes just about anything edible.

Also, what is with the old ladies on here crying all the time? The clown won and they're STILL crying.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A friend watched his hunting buddy get knocked out by a mallard.

As for uneatable waterfowl, I would agree, that is till someone told me to breast the duck and grill the breast leaving it pink in the middle. It is actually quite good and doesn't have that liver flavor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Unless they are teal or canvasback.

Eat the Teal, mount the Canvasback?

My dad really likes eating the teal, but then again he enjoys liver...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Teal are no where near liver to me. Never have been. Diet may be part of that down here. Who knows. Mallards here are some of the worst I"ve ever had. But I hear on rice they are good.

Canvasbacks, how many do you need mounted?

Rare is the only way to cook duck, well beef and a few other things too.

Knocked out... I totally forgot the hunt a couple of years ago where a duck hit my buddies son in the side of the head, I thought he saw it headed to us, I guess he didn't.. I think if one hit you right it could easily break your neck. I thought he was watching it come down and being his cocky self.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Grab it by the Johnson, shake vigorously.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I've played duck the duck a couple times.

The funniest was a time my first Lab and I were sitting on a big, 15 foot diameter, 6 foot high, willow-grown beaver house smack in a choke point between an old Yukon River oxbow and the river itself. A perfect blind in a perfect spot.

A mallard came smoking down the lake, directly at us, wingtips tipping the water. I stood to make it flare before I shot, which it did, and I did, but way late on both. I doubt that bird was more than 10 feet off the muzzle.

What remained of the carcass - basically head and feet connected by a couple strings of guts, smacked down hard between me and the dog, sitting 3 feet to my right. The dog stood, leaned over, sniffed the remains, then gave me "The Look", and sat down again, facing away from me.

Nor did he believe me when I told him it was self defense..... smile

Last edited by las; 12/05/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Helluva catch.

I agree that it is wise to duck the duck.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
808 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12308300, 81 invisible), 3,171 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.