Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I've had bad luck with Lone Wolf barrel's accuracy. The next barrel going in my G20 will be fit at Bar-Sto.

Try KKM. Had lone wolf to begin with got rid of it, have been using KKM ever since. Have one in my 20, and one in my 22. Both function flawless and exceptional accuracy.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
The proper platform for a .38 Super is a nickel 1911.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just buy a damned Tanfoglio Witness if you want a high-cap Super.....

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

If you're going to get a super, get an old Colt with a Swartz safety.
Then rent an office with a hat rack and a frosted glass window on the door...
Otherwise, stick with a glock 19.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by night_owl; 12/06/16.

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
How 'bout turning your G20 into an 18 round .38 Super? Lone Wolf makes a .38 Super barrel for G20/40 pistols. Rumor has it the standard 10mm magazines work just fine.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=913325
"Item Not Found" is what came up on the link.

I have a 20, and currently am running a Lone Wolf .40 S&W barrel in it. I would be interested in making this conversion to .38 Super. Sounds cool.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 4ager
Why?
The 38 Super is a hard hitting round and IME recoils less than the 10.
Not to mention 18 rounds in the mag.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Super is an OK cartridge. might also work in your 38/357 revolver.

abusus non tollit usum
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Bar-Sto is on par with Kart.

I beg to differ. So does Les Baer. Look down the bore of each and compare and the difference is amazing.

We differ.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ended up getting a .357 SIG barrel for my G40... I have more than enough "proper" Supers without having another conversion... That and I really didn't want to mess with magazine tuning that one needs to do with the .38 Super barrel....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Bar-Sto is on par with Kart.

I beg to differ. So does Les Baer. Look down the bore of each and compare and the difference is amazing.

We differ.

Count me down for another that's not impressed with Bar-Sto Glock barrels. The KKM barrels we shot in comparison were more accurate, and worked right out of the box. The "fitting" on the Bar-Sto barrel was a real hack job too; the bottom lug was apparently hand stoned without even using a jig, obvious from the different angles and rounded edges. That was not the mark of a real craftsman, more what I'd expect from a backyard mechanic.

And 400 rounds to get the dumb thing to cycle is retarded. Bar-Sto could do a lot better than that if they really were on top of it, without sacrificing any accuracy. Depends on your expectations I guess, apparently some people have been convinced that high prices, long lead times, and excessive tight fits are signs of quality.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/07/16.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When I took delivery of my Bar-Sto barrel there was no obvious places on the new fitted barrel where I could point out hand-stoning, sanding or machining. It had to be shot in and it is plenty accurate now. I had a Lone Wolf barrel and later a Storm lake barrel...both 6" of course. My turkey shotgun shot a tighter pattern than those two barrels did at 30 yards. I've had a drop-in Bar-Sto barrel in another Glock 20 that was much more accurate than any of the other after market barrels I tried or the OEM barrel. I did not try Kart then either. I had a Para Ordnance P-15 that I had customized around 1986 with a fitted Kart barrel. I carried it on duty for a year. The malfunctions got to me. I lost confidence in the pistol. I can clear malfunctions in my sleep having done the same motions over and over, thousands of times. Of course, the round was the ubiquitous 45 ACP. It was wonderfully accurate out to 50 yards. But, unless someone was shooting at me, I really wasn't justified in shooting at someone 50 yards away. Absent them holding a firearm there is not an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or death. I didn't need a firearm with such tight tolerances, and critical fit of the slide to the frame, and the barrel to the slide causing malfunctions. I sold it for a fair price and bought my first Glock; a Glock 20 Gen 2.5. That was the first of 6 Glock pistols I have purchased. The Glock 40, rested on a sandbag, puts the bullets into a group roughly half the size of my old duty pistol, the Glock 20 Gen 2.5. Frankly, I'm encouraged by the fact that I had to shoot it in. I know it's a glove to hand fit, and it's also reliable and accurate. I can't see a Kart barrel making that much more difference than a Bar-Sto barrel. Certainly not enough difference for you to be essentially calling Bar-Sto barrels junk, and the gunsmiths that fit them rank amateurs.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Yondering
...Depends on your expectations I guess, apparently some people have been convinced that high prices, long lead times, and excessive tight fits are signs of quality.

If you wish to get into a monkey poo-slinging fight, I'm your guy. The prices were not exorbitant nor was the wait time. They quoted me 4 months. They were done in 3. Now, long lead times is like plunking down a deposit on a Hamilton Bowen handgun. Do you think he's just lazy? Or is it because when shooters find a superior mouse trap they'll line up and wait ridiculous amounts of time to get their new and improved mouse trap.

I have a Defiance Deviant Long Tactical action on order and paid for. I paid them in September. The rep told me actions were a 10-month wait. Too long? Not when my gunsmith recommended Defiance actions for my next build.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.