Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ten years ago I sometimes shipped items before I received funds but I can't do that now because at least half of the buyers change their mind.

I used to have 99% of campfire deals go through without a problem. Why have things changed? Is it the economy or just the culture.

Also, I have had some of the same guys want pics on several of my different ads but they never even reply afterwards. Is there a lot of window lickers collecting pics on here now. I don't mind sending pics to someone who's really interested but it's a pain to send them to those who aren't. I don't ask for pics until I'm ready to take it and just want last minute confirmation on condition. My favorites are the ones who want pics of a NIB item.

I'm trying to understand what's going on.

Bb

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only had one flake-out that I can remember, but it was recently. Guy removed himself from the PM thread when payment had supposedly been sent. When I started another PM to ask him if he wanted the item, he never answered. His post history revealed that he was basically a "Classifieds Cowboy". Not a big deal, but dang, if you don't want something, just say so......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't ask for pics until I'm ready to take it and just want last minute confirmation on condition.

outstanding post

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I don't know if the percentage is higher, but there are more people coming to the Campfire Classifieds. Apparently the Campfire the reputation of being a good place for buying/selling, but there are a bunch of other sites too, and many people are hitting several--and aren't always communicating when they found what they wanted somewhere else.

Then, of course, there's "I'll take it!" regret, especially after the whiskey wears off. :-)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't understand why it's so hard to send pics. Maybe try an iPhone or something.

Or maybe post pics to begin with.

Dunno....

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've had good dealings. Hope it stays that way! Good bunch of folks

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I need to figure out what add blocker and browser I need to be using. I often can't cut and paste on the fire because of bugs or ads or whatever. Makes pasting a link to photobucket a pain sometimes. Admittedly, some of my frustration is with problems I'm having with this website and the simple things can now be more difficult.

And then I get 3-4 guys wanting pics of a NIB rifle and I have problems getting a pm open and then I can't cut and paste the number or email to send it to. I go to find a piece of paper and pen and my campfire page is now redirected to the App Store trying to sell me candy crush saga or something. 3 to four more tries and I'm back to that message. This post was erased twice while I was typing it. Can't copy it part way through because my select function doesn't work on the campfire.

If a guy doesn't really want an item or can't afford just give someone a break and don't ask for pics. If you just want to see what a kimber Montana looks like go to their website. Or is it just some guys passive aggressive way of saying all ads should have pics? They don't want the item but get a kick out of making you jump through hoops? I really don't know why so many want pics of NIB items. I think Mule Deers reference to alcohol has actually helped me understand some things here better. I don't drink so I had not considered that. Maybe I need to start.

My iPhone doesn't always make things so easy on the campfire. I try to give guys here a shot at things first but it's much easier to post pics on gunbroker.

Bb

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've sold a little here, but really, I'm more of a buyer(read collector of stuff). I've never had an issue or a deal fall through, or go bad.

First thing I ever bought here were 2 scopes from Dober and he mailed them out the same day I said I'd take them, which has caused me to do the same at times since.

Anything I sell here always comes with a money back guarantee, if you don't like it for any reason, just send it back and I'll refund your money.

Anything I've bought here has been exactly as described I've never been disappointed.

Mostly all good and honest people here, and if the day ever comes that I do get burned, I'll eat it, and it won't change the fact that there are mostly all good and honest people here as far as I'm concerned.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Vince M should be the expert here to confirm the %

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been very fortunate, I have never been burned here and only once although very slightly on Gunbroker.

Since there is no rating system in place here, I keep a small notebook that tracks all of my transactions here. It includes the other guy's username, if they were the buyer or seller and a plus or minus mark which serves to rate the transaction. As I stated above, it's full of plus (+) marks.

I will say this, there are a few guys on here that I've done business with in the past that I would ship to prior to receiving payment. You can get a pretty good feel for a guy buy following his posts.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by StudDuck
You can get a pretty good feel for a guy buy following his posts.

This is very true, and I also have found that by following posts, there are certain people here I simply wouldn't buy from.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
For years I had great luck here as well and I've always felt like as a group the people here are the best on the net. Recently I've had a run of deals that all fell through. One rifle has been sold 3 times and all three times they've backed out. I also had to sell a scope 3 times recently before it actually went. It didn't used to be like this. I'll take it used to always mean you had a deal unless something extreme happened and then they'd at least let you know.

I understand that sometimes stuff happens and some guys will message me and apologize and say why they can't take it. Others just leave me hanging for weeks and then go silent. Two or three of those in a row can stretch out over 2 months and be pretty frustrating.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never been burned here and hope my luck continues. There are definitely more deals falling through now than when I first joined and that may have to be due to the culture now.
Most of the guys I have sold to and bought from are repeats and by reading most of the posts, I get a feeling for who is good and who isn't. I firmly believe pictures are the key to a good sale and they save some misunderstandings later on.
I did pass on a few deals with a guy that had a yellow vehicle with a winch on the roll-bar! grin

Ken

Last edited by kennymauser; 12/06/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had 99.9% success here. I've bought and sold items from $50 to $2000 and never had a hiccup, sans a buyer who contacted me 4 months after a sale, I sent him his money,,he returned my item and we lived happily ever after.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have been a member here for several years and have 6K posts many of which are classified transactions, I have only had a handful of deals that have not gone smoothly. I.E. buyers remorse,changed their mind,never responded etc., if you a re going to buy and sell you kinda have to expect these things. 50% transaction problems seems awfully high, as time has gone by more people have discovered the 'Fire classifieds these folks may not be the caliber of the older 'Fire members, don't know. I sell on a couple of other sites but far less than here and have not had any prolbems there yet but the volume is far less.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Burleyboy: To date I have bought dozens of items from folks on this board, folks who have listed items in the classified and several items folks who follow me have solicited of me directly.
I have as yet to have a problem.
I have as yet though to offer up anything on here for sale.
I tend to trust the folks who have been here for "years" and have had great luck with buying from them.
I simply can't imagine "half of the buyers changing their minds" - once they have spoken up for an item?
And I watch the "classifieds" here-on pretty carefully!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try tha Adblock plus. I got the same crap and it took care of it. This site sucks for it, even as hard as they work to get rid of the stuff.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
So if you get an I'll take it from someone you go look through their posts and then decide whether you'll sell to them or not? I've been giving everyone who says they'll take it a shot at it. One thing I'm going to quit doing is waiting 3 weeks for payment when they aren't communicating.

I find it easier for me to be selective about who I buy from because I can just not post an I'll take it. It gets a little more difficult to screen buyers. I don't know what would happen if someone posted an I'll take and I said no you won't, I don't like your truck, next please. I'd probably get convicted of a hate crime...

I've just had a run of flakes lately and I'm a bit frustrated. Having a massive psoriatic arthritis flare today and I can't walk and I'm taking out my pain and frustration on the campfire. Seems like people on the campfire always gave me a bit of faith in a world otherwise filled with deal breakers. I hate to see it go the way of the world. If you're going to break a deal at least be man enough to let the other guy know in a timely manor.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's good to know most things are running as well as they used to. I've had a run of deals falling through lately and wondered if anyone else had the same. Glad to see that my recent experience isn't a trend but I think I'm finally going to start a list and keep track of these recent guys. One of them backed out of a Deal last year and just did it again. Shame on me for giving him a second chance. He's going on the top.

Bb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All transactions that I have had have gone well.

Last edited by Tip926; 12/06/16.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
One at the peak of the gun ban fear with Obama and Clinton. Guess they realized they should keep it.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Burleyboy is a great seller and person. I bought a Remington SF CDL barrel off of him that he really didn't want to sell and it's now one of my most accurate rifles. He also sold it to me at a great price.

My only bad transactions have been with people who overly state their products and give you pictures hiding the worst wear. These transactions have been far and few between and all of those sellers are now on ignore.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know that I've had any deals go bad selling stuff. Bought a scope once that had a messed up power ring. Cost a whole $12 to send to Leupold to rebuild for free and it's like new now. Was still a good deal and never even mentioned it to the seller.

Rifle transactions are the most nerve racking, but all have been smooth, going both ways.

I do hate getting stuff that smells like an ashtray. Although once I swore it was the same pipe tabacco as my great uncle. That was actually kinda cool.

Anyway, stuff happens and it's really easy to type "I'll take it". Does suck if guys back out, but if all I've lost is a little time and them a little embarrassment, then no biggie.

All in all it's pretty sweet when you can buy something used, fiddle with it for a little while and sell it for practically what you paid, just kinda losing on the shipping.

Not bad at all....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For phucqks sake, if you sold something that was incorrectly described, such as a 22" barrel you said was 24", or a generic that you sold as a brand name, then for phucqks sake simply offer to take it back when it's found out. Is your word not worth a chit? Oh really, it's past your return period, you fuggin retailer...

If you say you'll "Take It" - if you can pay Friday - that does not mean you have till Friday to change your mind about taking it - you done already took it buddy.

Been poor as heck at times and on both ends of over 300 deals... That is something some guys have been away from for decades if ever... Some understanding is appreciated. It doesn't hurt to make a couple trade offers, although dozens are a bit much. LOL A few payment purchases sure have been swell.

One guy got all pissed that he received his item - but there was nothing inside the box indicating his name... So - the outside of the box did not suffice, although delivered just fine? I'll have to speak to my shipping department about packing slips.

The Classifieds has been a very interesting part of the 'Fire for me. It's how I found it, a guy selling a scope I was looking for a deal on. Dammm I was paranoid sending that money! But I got it. Not happy with something we did? No worries, let's work it out....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
I can't understand why it's so hard to send pics. Maybe try an iPhone or something.

Dunno....

^ this.

One mans new in box is another mans 'like new' or ' only used it once. It shouldnt be but it is.

Pics tell a thousand words. I dont get not posting them in the thread.

As for changing minds or flaking out, I cant speak to that.

I used to sell a lot of stuff online and 'back then', say 10 years ago maybe a little less, i'd often ship without reciveing payment. Scams are more prevelant now imo.

I think overall the fire is pretty solid though. guys here root out the dooshbags pretty fast and are generally merciless on them.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Only been trading, buying and selling on three sites plus GB for five or six years. Gave up on one site because of all the 'rules.' Never had a problem with the gents on The 'Fire. Plenty of good faith to go with good deals. I've waited and been waited for when shippers mess up or funds don't arrive in a timely manner. Never had a 'shouting match' or felt like I was taken. Good people here. My thanks to all of you for adding fun and fellowship to my life.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have bought and sold only on the fire. The men I have dealt with were honest, interesting and true gentlemen. You can tell true outdoorsmen, hunters and shooter, it is a way of life, we stick together and are like minded. Gary U

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore

Dunno....

I don't do pictures. But I'm more of a buyer than a seller.

I have a much bigger gripe with USPS "misplacing" payments going or coming and losing packages that weren't sent via Priority Mail. Within the past year, I've had one outgoing package lost, headed to Montana, two outgoing payments sent via 1st Class and at least four incoming payments sent via 1st Class. USPS 1st Class is good, but if I'm sending more than a couple hundred dollars I use Priority Mail.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 12/06/16. Reason: Add stuff I'd initially forgotten
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
iPhone pic, photobucket, thread. Just a matter of monkeying with it. Hell, I used to edit everything and crop stuff and all that mess. iPhone 6 made it gravy.

Probably the easiest thing is to offer texts. Guy wants an up close of a certain part or area, just takes a few seconds. I'm a little anal in that I just want to make the buyer at ease as to what he's getting. Sooooo many good finds here that I'd rather not take a chance at a dick deal.

It's really a good platform for getting toys. Maybe too good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have no problem texting pics of a scope or whatever if a guys legitimately interested in it. I just emailed some out a few minutes ago. I also have no problem taking something back if a guys not happy with it.

Just frustrated with guys lately doing things like saying I'll take it if you'll wait a few weeks until I get paid and then telling you 3 weeks later they've changed their minds. Or even worse the guys that say they'll take it and that they're sending payment and then you never get the payment and never hear back from them again. It just leaves you hanging.

Bb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'll take it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Im currently on my third issue of USPS taking their sweet time to deliver payment. Twice as a buyer, and once as a seller. PayPal is totally the way to go, PERIOD.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Had a couple of flakes here. No rip offs, just people who said I'll take it and then never followed up or they backed out after wasting my time for a few days.

Also had one or two where I was told that it was mine and then they took a higher offer.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Once, after I said I would take it, the seller disappeared. Disappointing, but I hadn't sent money yet.

Overall, there are a great bunch of guys on the fire and I haven't been burned yet.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use the ignore function as I see posts of deals that have gone bad. Sometimes it's the whiner and sometimes it's the azzhole that doesn't give a schitt. Haven't used it much, but I'll know who NOT to buy from or sell to if it ever comes up.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I was the problem on one transaction because I forgot to send payment.....TWICE! Usually everything goes fast and no problems.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as the hassle of sending pictures goes I almost always have pictures in my original post. I don't like buying anything used sight unseen and don't expect anyone to purchase my items without a picture. Take the time to post a picture in the original add and save everyone involved time.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by doubletap
Once, after I said I would take it, the seller disappeared. Disappointing, but I hadn't sent money yet.

Overall, there are a great bunch of guys on the fire and I haven't been burned yet.

All of my deals have gone through flawlessly. I agree about the great bunch of guys here. I also do like 257heaven does and put some on ignore if I know they are known scammers. I actually see one guy on my ignore list about 5 posts above this one... OP, As far as pics go, I'm not going to buy an item if it doesn't have pics in the listing. A listing should have so many damn pics that it doesn't leave any question or concern on condition. One thing that boggles my mind is why some guys start a new PM everytime they want to ask you a question. I've had a couple do this and one recently in fact. New pm for question on item, new pm for payment information, new pm for address, new pm for well my wife is going to send paypall payment, new pm for "did you get my wifes payment".... Ok, now we are into the same deal with 6 different pm's. Come on, keep this chit simple and let me know when you get the brass I sent to you, even though I know it arrived to your address because of tracking.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've bought and sold a lot on here, and have never had a bad transaction.

As to ads without pictures, that is a non-starter for the buyer. If you can't post a picture of the actual item, how on earth can the buyer have any assurance at all of what they are getting?

If you don't want pic requests, then simply post pics to start with, since visual confirmation is the only thing the buyer has to go on.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Haven't bought or sold all that much. But all my buying or selling on the 'Fire has gone off without a hitch. All in all a great bunch to deal with.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've had positive experiences, albeit there are those that simply refuse or are not bright enough to communicate.

Simply stating when money has sent, has been received, and when item was sent with a tracking number goes a long way. Courtesy to inform that item has been received and is in good condition helps too.

Both buyers and sellers...use your brain!

Oh, and stating you can't figure out how to post a picture simply has me(and I'm sure others) skimming right on past to something else.

Last edited by littlecmonkey; 12/06/16.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have had great luck here, but I usually only deal with guys I know or guys that have been on here and have more than 3 posts. I won't buy without good pics. It is almost 2017 there is simply no damn reason why a seller can't send me pics. This is not rocket science. If you refuse to embrace modern technology and say you don't know how to send pics then ask your great great granddaughter to send pics she will have it done in 30 seconds.

Last edited by STS45; 12/06/16.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey

Oh, and stating you can't figure out how to post a picture simply has me(and I'm sure others) skimming right on past to something else.

+1 If your too lazy to make the effort to post pics. I'm too lazy to open my wallet. Besides if I can figure out how to post a pic. here anyone can!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does look like Burley kinda got the short straw on a coupla deals, but maybe it was the luck of the draw.

I'm sure there's a few here that wished the M8 6x42 deal had been one to fall through!!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have had good luck with the few things I have sold on campfire

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never been burned on the 'fire, but I also provide lots of communications with buyers and sellers. I just sent off a package without payment because the buyer is a known quantity here at the 'fire (Jerry/AK) and I trust him. I don't trust everyone, but for members with a good rep, I'll drop stuff in the mail so that they cross paths in shipping.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Zero bad deals so far, but, keeping crooks on ignore when you read a blatant bad deal helps.

Wouldn't want to have to go find a thief and cut his hands off for stealing from me here.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53

+1 If your too lazy to make the effort to post pics. I'm too lazy to open my wallet. Besides if I can figure out how to post a pic. here anyone can!

This hits the nail on the head. Thank you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have sold many items via the classified forum.
I have never had a buyer back out or ask to return an item.
I grade and evaluate the items I sell as if I were a buyer.
I won't buy or sell a firearm on the Fire Classified.
I always attach a pic
I use Firefox/ Ad bloc plus and never have little or no ads.
I never ship until payment fulfilled.
I always ship immediately usually same day payment received.
I always communicate each step of the selling transaction.
I have a "Toxic" buyer and Seller list that is years old and has 121 names on it and reason of fault.
I consider being able to buy and sell on the "fire" a privilige
that is earned.
I find the vast majority of members with a history. are honest.

Tack

Last edited by tack; 12/07/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJL53

I've never posted a picture on this site and never plan to. Either you trust my word or you don't and, if you don't, you can look elsewhere, no hard feelings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally I have never had a bad deal here, quick story.

I purchased a few items from Ed_T and there was a bit of confusion with PayPal and long story short, box was sent to my old address. He felt terrible and offered a full refund, I said no just 1/2 because I was just as much at fault as he was in this case. I thought for sure stuff was gone and money was to and would never be seen again.

2 Days later Ed sends me a message saying he is having package returned to him (called the post office) and will then ship it to my correct address and never even asked for additional shipping funds. I still have the head lamp and water filter/pump from that deal.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there are more of the Ed_T types here than the other kind IMO.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This has been my experience also. I hope it stays that way.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going to get the right browser and Adblock set up and then it will be easier to post pics with my ads. I went back over some deals that fell through and 4 out of 5 I had texted or emailed them pictures so I'll work on just posting them up front. I spend more time texting them out to the multiple guys that ask for them then it would take me to go through the photo bucket routine.

Like I said, I've just had a bad run recently and was wondering if I'll take it had changed to mean hold it for me while I look around, talk to my wife, see if I need the money for something else, etc...

I just always took an I'll take it as a cyber hand shake and I think for most here it still is. I do miss the days I could ship it before i got payment and I never worried about it.

Is there a better pic hosting app than photobucket? Something with a good iPhone app?

I really like how on gunbroker I can just select pics from my phone and upload them to my ad. Maybe I should just list the next few on GB and put a heads up on the fire. Unless that's not cool. I almost always get more money there because someone runs the price up. For some reason I just like to give the fire guys a shot first.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Photobucket can be a pain even with Ad Block. With out it its pop-up city.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never had a bad deal. Communication is key.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Been lucky, every transaction I've done has been very smooth!

“One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it" -Jose Ortega y Gasset

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Personally only had one guy flake out ...most are top notch guys...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 28lx
As far as the hassle of sending pictures goes I almost always have pictures in my original post. I don't like buying anything used sight unseen and don't expect anyone to purchase my items without a picture. Take the time to post a picture in the original add and save everyone involved time.

^ This

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't need a picture to know something is a good deal.

I may need a picture to affirm something is a good deal.

The internet is a lot like real life. Full of whiney kghunts.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've bought and sold a bunch here and only had one gent back out on something.
Twas no skin off my behind.

I always find it a bit amusing that someone puts something for sale and says picts will be added later. Why not just wait until picts are at the ready, then post the WTS? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never understood that one.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Only one issue, back before I knew who safariman was..But to his credit he did refund the money.

I use ignore to remind me who not to deal with in the classifieds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't he have some big ass yellow Chevy for sale at one time? I take back everything I said about pictures, didn't need to see that one....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Got hosed on a rifle once, to the tune of $600. Contacted seller with the issue. He told me "Go [bleep] yourself, end of conversation." and hung up the phone. He's still selling here.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Craigster
Got hosed on a rifle once, to the tune of $600. Contacted seller with the issue. He told me "Go [bleep] yourself, end of conversation." and hung up the phone. He's still selling here.

You should post the link to the sale so that other folks would know to beware of dealing with him.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
SKane,

I don't post photos with ads because:

1) I found Photobucket a PITA, way too many times.

2) I found if I posted ANY photos on the Campfire, people would always be asking me to post more photos on the Campfire, and I already spend a LOT of time here anyway.

3) Found I sold just as much stuff if my ads said PM me for photos via e-mail. Often I don't even have to send any.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Craigster

You should post the link to the sale so that other folks would know to beware of dealing with him.

Anyone wanting to know who he is can send me a PM.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
SKane,

2) I found if I posted ANY photos on the Campfire, people would always be asking me to post more photos on the Campfire, and I already spend a LOT of time here anyway.

3) Found I sold just as much stuff if my ads said PM me for photos via e-mail. Often I don't even have to send any.

John,

You're the most famous guy on this site! Who wouldn't trust you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Ten years ago I sometimes shipped items before I received funds but I can't do that now because at least half of the buyers change their mind.

I used to have 99% of campfire deals go through without a problem. Why have things changed? Is it the economy or just the culture.

Also, I have had some of the same guys want pics on several of my different ads but they never even reply afterwards. Is there a lot of window lickers collecting pics on here now. I don't mind sending pics to someone who's really interested but it's a pain to send them to those who aren't. I don't ask for pics until I'm ready to take it and just want last minute confirmation on condition. My favorites are the ones who want pics of a NIB item.

I'm trying to understand what's going on.

Bb

you're spot on, when I first logged in and started buying there were several times the item shipped the day I said I'd take it. I used to do the same as well, and figured a man's word was worth it. but now because of what I've seen transpire a few times, I don't ship until funds clear. sad that a person's typed word aint as good as his face to face spoken one, or so it would seem. there are a few exceptions with folks I know or have dealt with in the past. just my .02

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Then, of course, there's "I'll take it!" regret, especially after the whiskey wears off. :-)

I admit I've done that, but followed through because a deal is a deal. my fault, not theirs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I use the ignore function as I see posts of deals that have gone bad. Sometimes it's the whiner and sometimes it's the azzhole that doesn't give a schitt. Haven't used it much, but I'll know who NOT to buy from or sell to if it ever comes up.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I was the problem on one transaction because I forgot to send payment.....TWICE! Usually everything goes fast and no problems.

I did this once with some 30 cal accubonds I was sent. was in college, single dad going through a divorce. I totally spaced on it and when I got a friendly pm 2 weeks after I received them that he hadn't received payment I felt so ashamed and owned up to the mistake. seller was understanding and payment was sent post haste by me. 2 days later he thanked me and said it was received. I still remember that like it was yesterday. good communication and a little understanding goes along way between honest folks. those who try to take advantage of that, well thats another sort.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SKane,

JB, you've said numerous times you just don't do photos unless via email. That's different than what I was referring. If someone needs photos, you've got them at the ready.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

I admit I've done that, but followed through because a deal is a deal. my fault, not theirs.

Yep I have had that too and always follow through.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
never had a deal fall through until this thread popped up! Just recently had my new Hill Country Harvestor 'Sold", then three days later, the guy backed out. This thread jinxed my gun! lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.