R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Jeff,

I knew you wouldn't be interested, but ALG knocked their ACT triggers down to about $45 for Cyber-Monday (from $69 I think)

Sycamore

Had I known that I'd have done one just to see what its like....

Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Jeff,

I knew you wouldn't be interested, but ALG knocked their ACT triggers down to about $45 for Cyber-Monday (from $69 I think)

Sycamore

Had I known that I'd have done one just to see what its like....

Thanks, Jeff

delivered today, so one week from order to delivery, even though website said might be delay for holiday traffic.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
thats always nice for stuff to show up early.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rost495

I"m fairly sure I'll find em around 60 again sooner or later.

Well, when you do please update this thread. I need three of them.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rost,

Is the RRA your preference for competition? I thinks service rifles have to be held to 4.5lb's. Does this trigger serve that purpose?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
National Match is 4.5# Varmint is 3.5#.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks NV.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its my choice for service rifle IF I'm running low...

My absolute choice was and may still be Milazzo.

But before I'd go that route I'd pick up the phone and call Bill at Geiselle since we shot together at Perry and he and I had some long talks about what an AR trigger was NOT,vs what an M14 trigger was and how to get there. Bill would not be a wrong move.

That said I think that unless you are a trigger snob like I can be, the RRA either service at 4.5 supposedly and the varmint at 3.5 supposedly, will suffice for most anyone. Obviously they are not drop in complete units so from lower to lower what you get may not be perfect and may have to be tweaked a bit. YMMV

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
What I should ad, if that didn't come across, is that I have numerous stripped lowers laying around that ain't gonna do any good naked... Heck some are in the white still... have to figuer that solution out one day too...

Anyway, not wanting to drop in 200 plus bucks in a trigger thats just going to be a house/hunting/whatever gun, rather than Camp Perry gun, thats what I was after, way better than stock, but cheap at 62 each last year... damn the luck, should have bought 20 last year.... LOL

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
primary arms Rock River Arms National Match 2-Stage AR-15 Trigger AR0093NMK

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dropped $86 yesterday on the RRA Varmint version. Price is right for trying it out on a PSA build.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Rost,

Is the RRA your preference for competition? I thinks service rifles have to be held to 4.5lb's. Does this trigger serve that purpose?

Dave, The RR is a good trigger that gets the job done for a reasonable price. But the money-no-object choice is the Geissele NM trigger, part #05-130. The objective advantages of the Geissele are that it is readily adjustable and the lock time is faster. Feel is a subjective thing and varies depending upon who you ask and the particular trigger/lower receiver combination.

I like the RR and a pair of them have served me well for over a dozen years and probably a 100 thousand cycles on each. But if I had $$ I'd buy a Geissele.

The Milazzo's that Rost likes so much are back on the market and a lot of people really like them.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks Barry.

I have thousands of rounds over a RR two-stage and I've never had an issue. I think I'd just run one of those to get started.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Opinions. Would you go with a Rock River varmint or a geissele G2S?

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
unless you just have lots of money... my take, go to a reasonable gun, and start shooting.

Then find out what you like, if you like it, try others triggers, and then if you are MORE serious you'll end up building the gun as you want it to be with the trigger you want.

All the time keeping the first gun/trigger for a backup gun...

IE Rock River is more than good enough for starters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bouncing this thread for best price on RRA Varmint 2-stage delivered.

Editing to say:

Seems like I've been through this a hundred times, trying to find a quality 2-state trigger for a good price for large pin Colt 6920's. Nada. If anyone finds an alternative to a Geissele, please update this thread.

I have been everywhere looking. Just got off the phone with Rock River. Referred there by the owner of ar15sales.com to see if they were planning on reintroducing the large pin version of their varmint 2 stage. Answer: Not at this time.

Public assistance announcement:

For those of you who do have a .154" (small pin) setup, ar15sales.com has the best price I saw anywhere at $86 delivered. I believe this is the deal JPro was talking about.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone know the differences between the varmint and nm triggers. I have both and tried adding jp Springs to the nm and could never get it to work right. The varmint model I have is about 4 pounds and works great

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Did you change the dis-connector spring as well?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think he has a good question. What exactly is the difference NM vs Varmint, just springs?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.