Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Does anyone have experience or knowledge on northern cree outfitters based out of condo, sask. Looking at booking a Moose hunt with them for 2016 any input on outfitter or general info on quantity and quality of Moose, elk, deer in the cando area would be appreciated. Outfitters name is baptist

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The world record Hanson Buck, was shot just south of Cando .

There have been a number outfitters convicted of poaching from that area.

They have been making the news yearly since 2011

http://www.eaglefeathernews.com/news/index.php?detail=2342

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/articles/two-men-fined-for-illegal-outfitting

http://www.newsoptimist.ca/news/fol...ed-24-500-for-wildlife-charges-1.1571405

Flyer

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I hope you meant 2017 or 2018.......otherwise you'll be late for your date! Go for it !

Bill

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Cree or any other native band in Southern Saskatchewan can legally outfit on the reserve land only. The recent history of "native" outfitters running out of reserves is that the reserve land has long been shot out by year round unregulated hunting by the band members. So the temptation is for these outfitters to go where the game is - on private land to which they do not have legal access. Book at your own risk, I hope we don't se another in that list of headlines like Flyer01 posted.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Saskatchewan is a wonderful province for residents to hunt; but not a place I would pay to hunt as a non resident alien......for anything.

There are lots of moose in Canada. I'd look elsewhere.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Saskatchewan is a wonderful province for residents to hunt; but not a place I would pay to hunt as a non resident alien......for anything.

There are lots of moose in Canada. I'd look elsewhere.

How come Bob?

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Our moose population in the Northern boreal forest region is in trouble, hunted too hard and some habitat problems. The moose in our farming zones are doing well but are off limits to non residents.

W
W
I hunted with them in 2015 and I should have burned my money instead.
The 2 younger guides liked to drink, texted constantly while driving and had no clue what they were doing. The first morning we spent 3 hours driving around looking for my stand.
They put me with another older guide that was looking for a big Mulie for himself, so surprise I didnt see any shooter bucks.
The 4th night the outfitter, Todd, got drunk and was so hungover the next am the guide had him sleep in the back seat while 3 of us sat up front in the truck heading to stands.
The last eve hunt I road hunted with the 2 younger guidesand the driver texted so much he got us stuck in a field 1/2 mile off the road, long story short we didnt get out till almost midnight and it was -24 that night. They had to leave the guides truck cuz he burned out all the gears on it.
Theres plenty more but some I cant post due to the sexual things that went on at the hotel with the guides

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Really, you are going to type sexual things and then leave without spilling the beans...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by richrich
I hunted with them in 2015 and I should have burned my money instead.
The 2 younger guides liked to drink, texted constantly while driving and had no clue what they were doing. The first morning we spent 3 hours driving around looking for my stand.
They put me with another older guide that was looking for a big Mulie for himself, so surprise I didnt see any shooter bucks.
The 4th night the outfitter, Todd, got drunk and was so hungover the next am the guide had him sleep in the back seat while 3 of us sat up front in the truck heading to stands.
The last eve hunt I road hunted with the 2 younger guidesand the driver texted so much he got us stuck in a field 1/2 mile off the road, long story short we didnt get out till almost midnight and it was -24 that night. They had to leave the guides truck cuz he burned out all the gears on it.
Theres plenty more but some I cant post due to the sexual things that went on at the hotel with the guides
Yeah I've heard similar horror stories. But you need to check first if they are members of SOA. Then they would be ligit. Saskatchewan outfitters Association. Confirm by ph call or email.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What BobinNH said

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 11point, 2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,659
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.