Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if the democrats will grill him on subjects such as homosexuals openly serving. Transsexuals in the military. Women in combat infantry roles.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, duh.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Of course they will. I hope he is prepared with appropriately vague answers for the obvious questions. He's a man of action so he may not be very good at politic-speak. He needs a few good politicians to help him prepare.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I believe he will speak his truth, and do fine.

He's certainly not going to be knocked off balance by DC pantywaists.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I wonder if the democrats will grill him on subjects such as homosexuals openly serving. Transsexuals in the military. Women in combat infantry roles.

Well, they aren't going to ask any questions about doctrine, war fighting, or defeating the enemy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Well, they aren't going to ask any questions about doctrine, war fighting, or defeating the enemy.

LOL, you got that right......smile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they annoy him, he might do the "Few Good Men" speech, then offer to rip off their heads and pee down their necks, I think is how it was phrased.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KC

Of course they will. I hope he is prepared with appropriately vague answers for the obvious questions. He's a man of action so he may not be very good at politic-speak. He needs a few good politicians to help him prepare.

I'm really struggling with the two words, "good politicians". They don't seem to belong together.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There are going to be so many asking him questions that don't even deserve to be in the same room with him.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They will try to make him look bad

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hanco

That Sir is a million dollar statement... I anticipate he will be prepared and return overwhelming fire.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We already know the democrats are not honorable people. Look who they approved for obamas cabinet and the Supreme Court. The problem is they had republican help. No this same bunch of republicans are going to fight trump nominees. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Here is a story on General Mattis:

A couple of months ago, when I told General Krulak, the former Commandant of the Marine Corps, now the chair of the Naval Academy Board of Visitors, that we were having General Mattis speak this evening, he said, “Let me tell you a Jim Mattis story.”

General Krulak said, when he was Commandant of the Marine Corps, every year, starting about a week before Christmas, he and his wife would bake hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Christmas cookies. They would package them in small bundles.
Then on Christmas day, he would load his vehicle. At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty. He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty.

He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?” The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, “Sir, it is Brigadier General Mattis.”
General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?” General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.
General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is.”

~The story above was told by Dr. Albert C. Pierce, the Director of the Center for the Study of Professional Military Ethics at The United States Naval Academy. He was introducing General James Mattis who gave a lecture on Ethical Challenges in Contemporary Conflict in the spring of 2006. This was taken from the transcript of that lecture.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I know some Marines who served with him. Both say he is a man of impeccable character and leadership.

One told me he would get up every morning at 0400 and spend 2 hours reading military history.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I believe he will speak his truth, and do fine.

He's certainly not going to be knocked off balance by DC pantywaists.

No he won't speak the truth, unless he doesn't want to be confirmed. Unless of course he has no problem with women in combat,and homos and trannys serving.

I'm not on the "Mad Dog" wagon. If he had/has issues with them serving then he should have resigned when the ban was lifted by clinton in the 90s for females and then when obama let the homos and trannys serve openly.

To be fair, I did not resign either when the combat exclusion law was rescinded because I wanted to promote so I could pack my pension. Then again I had ZERO recourse to voice my opinion other than letters to my Congressmen, and editors which I did. Lastly, the fact he was against water boarding when he knew full well it WORKED on the THREE that were subjected to it AND the fact A LOT of his AVIATORS were subjected to it in SERE Training, tells me he's got a lot of political blood in him.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I heard on Fox this morning that the democrat that ran against Pelosi say that he respects Mattis and thinks he should get the waiver and be confirmed.. Once in a while some of them get it right...

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Maddog can handle the dipschits with ease.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CashisKing

That Sir is a million dollar statement... I anticipate he will be prepared and return overwhelming fire.

The problem is, he is constrained by integrity and they aren't. He won't abandon his honor.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
If the Senate fails to reach a unanimous consent. The vote for cloture motion requires 51 votes which the Senate Republicans have. Maybe 52 with Louisiana finishing up. Should be a walk in the park

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.