Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have had great luck here, but I usually only deal with guys I know or guys that have been on here and have more than 3 posts. I won't buy without good pics. It is almost 2017 there is simply no damn reason why a seller can't send me pics. This is not rocket science. If you refuse to embrace modern technology and say you don't know how to send pics then ask your great great granddaughter to send pics she will have it done in 30 seconds.

Last edited by STS45; 12/06/16.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey

Oh, and stating you can't figure out how to post a picture simply has me(and I'm sure others) skimming right on past to something else.

+1 If your too lazy to make the effort to post pics. I'm too lazy to open my wallet. Besides if I can figure out how to post a pic. here anyone can!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does look like Burley kinda got the short straw on a coupla deals, but maybe it was the luck of the draw.

I'm sure there's a few here that wished the M8 6x42 deal had been one to fall through!!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have had good luck with the few things I have sold on campfire

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never been burned on the 'fire, but I also provide lots of communications with buyers and sellers. I just sent off a package without payment because the buyer is a known quantity here at the 'fire (Jerry/AK) and I trust him. I don't trust everyone, but for members with a good rep, I'll drop stuff in the mail so that they cross paths in shipping.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Zero bad deals so far, but, keeping crooks on ignore when you read a blatant bad deal helps.

Wouldn't want to have to go find a thief and cut his hands off for stealing from me here.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53

Oh, and stating you can't figure out how to post a picture simply has me(and I'm sure others) skimming right on past to something else.

+1 If your too lazy to make the effort to post pics. I'm too lazy to open my wallet. Besides if I can figure out how to post a pic. here anyone can!

This hits the nail on the head. Thank you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have sold many items via the classified forum.
I have never had a buyer back out or ask to return an item.
I grade and evaluate the items I sell as if I were a buyer.
I won't buy or sell a firearm on the Fire Classified.
I always attach a pic
I use Firefox/ Ad bloc plus and never have little or no ads.
I never ship until payment fulfilled.
I always ship immediately usually same day payment received.
I always communicate each step of the selling transaction.
I have a "Toxic" buyer and Seller list that is years old and has 121 names on it and reason of fault.
I consider being able to buy and sell on the "fire" a privilige
that is earned.
I find the vast majority of members with a history. are honest.

Tack

Last edited by tack; 12/07/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJL53

I've never posted a picture on this site and never plan to. Either you trust my word or you don't and, if you don't, you can look elsewhere, no hard feelings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally I have never had a bad deal here, quick story.

I purchased a few items from Ed_T and there was a bit of confusion with PayPal and long story short, box was sent to my old address. He felt terrible and offered a full refund, I said no just 1/2 because I was just as much at fault as he was in this case. I thought for sure stuff was gone and money was to and would never be seen again.

2 Days later Ed sends me a message saying he is having package returned to him (called the post office) and will then ship it to my correct address and never even asked for additional shipping funds. I still have the head lamp and water filter/pump from that deal.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there are more of the Ed_T types here than the other kind IMO.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This has been my experience also. I hope it stays that way.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going to get the right browser and Adblock set up and then it will be easier to post pics with my ads. I went back over some deals that fell through and 4 out of 5 I had texted or emailed them pictures so I'll work on just posting them up front. I spend more time texting them out to the multiple guys that ask for them then it would take me to go through the photo bucket routine.

Like I said, I've just had a bad run recently and was wondering if I'll take it had changed to mean hold it for me while I look around, talk to my wife, see if I need the money for something else, etc...

I just always took an I'll take it as a cyber hand shake and I think for most here it still is. I do miss the days I could ship it before i got payment and I never worried about it.

Is there a better pic hosting app than photobucket? Something with a good iPhone app?

I really like how on gunbroker I can just select pics from my phone and upload them to my ad. Maybe I should just list the next few on GB and put a heads up on the fire. Unless that's not cool. I almost always get more money there because someone runs the price up. For some reason I just like to give the fire guys a shot first.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Photobucket can be a pain even with Ad Block. With out it its pop-up city.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never had a bad deal. Communication is key.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Been lucky, every transaction I've done has been very smooth!

“One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it" -Jose Ortega y Gasset

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Personally only had one guy flake out ...most are top notch guys...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 28lx
As far as the hassle of sending pictures goes I almost always have pictures in my original post. I don't like buying anything used sight unseen and don't expect anyone to purchase my items without a picture. Take the time to post a picture in the original add and save everyone involved time.

^ This

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't need a picture to know something is a good deal.

I may need a picture to affirm something is a good deal.

The internet is a lot like real life. Full of whiney kghunts.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've bought and sold a bunch here and only had one gent back out on something.
Twas no skin off my behind.

I always find it a bit amusing that someone puts something for sale and says picts will be added later. Why not just wait until picts are at the ready, then post the WTS? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never understood that one.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

231 members (360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 416RigbyHunter, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,455
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.