Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Westy35 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I placed a decent sized order from Kuiu during their 30% off sale this fall, and my neighbor four doors down found the packaging torn open and empty in his front yard. I checked tracking, and it showed as having been delivered to my house. So, someone must have stolen it off my porch, swiped the gear, and dropped the packaging as they were walking away. Not Kuiu's fault and not FedEx's fault.

I was out the money, and to add insult to injury, the 30% off sale is over. Even though it wasn't their fault, I sent Kuiu an email to let them know what happened and to ask what they suggest I do.

After a couple days of email correspondence, I just got a call from the customer service rep (Clarissa) I'd been emailing with, and she told me they are not only going to refund 100% of what I paid, they are going to honor the 30% discount, so I'm going to get all the gear I ordered!

This struck me as so above and beyond that I wanted to let Fire members know about the experience. If you're on the fence about buying something from Kuiu, buy it. It's great gear, and they'll do right by it.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've had good customer service from Kuiu as well when a package was lost. They were actually able to track it to my local Post Office, which I had already been to to inquire about my package. When I went back again and insisted that they had to have the package, they miraculously found it. Would never have gotten it if not for Kuiu's customer service techs. Good quality gear as well and cheaper than all the other premium makers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Quality service + quality goods = a winning combination. Have had nothing but great QC from them since the beginning.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Westy35 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Quality service + quality goods = a winning combination. Have had nothing but great QC from them since the beginning.

Agree. I had a pair of the Tiburon pants tear on the shin (not due to bad construction - just jammed a sharp snag through them), but a 3" piece of hurricane tape has fixed that for the past year and a half. Otherwise, their gear has been flawless for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They have treated me extremely good through my limited purchases

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I while back I contacted a podcast author that I have listened to for years now (I very seldom reach out like this). Anyway one thing I told him was that after I heard his interview with the Kuiu founder Jason H about a year earlier I had started buying some KUIU pieces and that I would be buying more because I liked their products. I couple a days later I got an email from Jason H thanking me and letting me know if he could do anything for me to let him know.

This post is not about their CS per se, but to say I believe they genuinely care about their customers and that it starts at the top... which is after all "Customer Service".

"...buzzards gota eat same as worms" Josey Wales
NRA lifer
Hunting is Conservation
RMEF Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had great luck with Kuiu products and their CS.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good guys

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.