Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best combination I have found. Put the warmers in the finger cover flap and just pull the flap back to shoot.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Got some GI trigger mitts too, fairly big enough to wear whatever underneath... There's one type with a leather trigger finger and another with cloth, ordered the cloth version but also found the leather one's locally. Ended up with a few pairs of stuff to use, not just the zero degree type but some for a bit warmer temps also. Without much wind and around 10 degrees, a wool/synthetic mix glove did the trick for me today. Boots were a failure, thick heavily insulated, but too tight and given the advises here, they're getting junked for roomier stompers.

Appreciate the tips! Many many of the gloves I've tried, when sized overall to fit, were binding in spots and I knew to pass them up.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by roundoak

I had a pair of U.S. military surplus similar to this, wore them out.

The website does not indicate what type of a liner. Do you have a pair to advise me?

Thanks

Answered my own question, called the manufacture. The liner is a wool blend and removable and same design as the shell with trigger finger.

Got a pair coming in the mail.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Cabelas MT-50's gloves that flip over covers.

And I'm from Buffalo - these are good to go.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

The website does not indicate what type of a liner. Do you have a pair to advise me?

Thanks

Answered my own question, called the manufacture. The liner is a wool blend and removable and same design as the shell with trigger finger.

Sorry for not replying earlier but that does seem correct. I can use these duck hunting in the coldest weather with no problems. They're warm and functional. Used them last night shoveling snow in the single digits.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe..._7aKM5tACFQwZgQod1y0P9Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cabela's Canadian Stand Hunters

They have a set of liners that even allow you to play with your phone....grin

Get the biggest size they have. You can drop a hot hands down inside if need be.

I never have needed it though.

Easy to take off for shot and they are quiet.

Only con is hard to ride atv with them on due to bulk.

DONE!

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've found these to work well. Wait, what?

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They aren't cheap but I have found these Kuiu gloves to work very well down to -12 degrees. I use their merino glove liners.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinco pigskin gloves....the best there is and they do got XXL

Doing some looking on line and there are several different Kinco Pigskin gloves. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
miles....these here http://www.kinco.com/product/1927/ are the ones I prefer.....they also got the same gloves with knit wrists

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Outdoor Research over Mechanix.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Warm hands in cold temps isn't a one day one time fix.

Sitting in a deer stand at temps under 10 degrees is very different than working at the same temps.

I use very thick mittens with NO LEATHER! and as over size as I can get them with jersey gloves and hand warmers inside For sitting still in very cold temps (well below zero). Obviously, that requires careful, thoughtful choices in ALL of the rest of your clothing. Well insulated boots with alpaca sox and tow warmers inside the boots. Heavy insulated bibs and parka that are wind proof and something to keep the wind off you face. A good hat is critical. I have both an alpaca hat and a rabbit fur with synthetic insulation.

The thing to understand is that good cold weather gear will be way too warm for even easy walking at even -20 to -40. And... your CNS will translate cold flesh to a cold body and start shutting down peripheral circulation even though your core is warm. Neglect your head, face, feet, hands any part of you by exposing them for any amount of time to cold air and wind and it will take movement to start warming up and that will very quickly turn to an overheat and sweating situation.

I just slip my shooting hand out of the big mitts with the jersey glove still on when it's time to shoot. Climbing out of the stand and recovery/gutting is just like walking out to the stand. you have to stay dry. That means opening up as much as possible or even removing layers.

Leather without fur on it does not insulate. It transmits heat to the outside quite well.

Do this as a system. neglect part of your body and other parts will get cold because your CNS tries to help.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Funny, down to about +5 I wear leather work gloves, not lined, to run the ATV all over AK in the fall.

Leather keeps my hands just fine and warm.

I guess it can be a YMMV too thing.
Like others say, very personal and subjective.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sdgunslinger thanks for that link. I found the number of the gloves that I wanted and then found them for sale on Amazon, with free shipping. Got 2 pair ordered. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks

A good option to what I currently use. New mittens and in typical military fashion there are instructions on how to use them sewed inside the right hand mitten. grin They will get a work out hunting coyotes this winter and maybe do some outside chores with them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I would like a company to start selling singularly either left or right hand work gloves. I tend to initiate heavy lifting with my left hand. That being, the left glove is well perforated while the right still has about 50% of it's life remaining.

1Minute
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
FXR Racing Men's Snowmobile Snowboard Leather Gauntlet Gloves Size S-4XL

I've used an older version of these for a couple of years for the third season in CO. Finally kept my hands warm. Expensive, but I got tired of buying new gloves each year only to have cold wet fingers. These are over $100 but for me they are worth it. Good luck in your search.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now this has been a very informative thread, and especially Miles' post as it explained quite a bit for me.

My idea of cold is apparently not the same as your idea of cold...I think mine may be a lot warmer.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just my input but wear unlined goatskin gloves down to 35 degrees and in my mittens that go up past the middle of my forearms past that. We don't get that cold here only about - 10

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by milespatton
My thick gloves that I have been wearing for years are getting worn out. I can't find any that will fit me. I ordered a pair of XX and when they arrived, they were about what an L should normally be, so I gave them to my cousin. I can't find any XXX to buy. I try on warm gloves in every place that I come across but they do not fit anywhere near what they should. I don't mind wearing thick gloves and shucking them when I shoot, but I have to find them first. miles

Miles, e-mail King Ropes in Sheridan WY, they carry gloves - but also lined leather mittens, which I love. Warm and roomy enough for a "roper's glove" inside.
Happy New Year, my friend!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,123
Posts18,464,608
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.