Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, to cold for me!

On the brighter side you look better covered up like that. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Makes my eyes water just looking at it...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You know you can get a cab and heater now right?

17 below no wind here this morning.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Don, I do believe you could use a real beaver hat. When I worked 4 years in Barrow Alaska, it could get -40 to -60 and Beaver really works. Few Inuits wore them but once they did, they preferred them. Not a lot of Beavers up there handy, so I bought several hides and had them made the way I like them, they were very popular. I had them a little longer in the back to keep the neck warm and cut forward to help with the face. I also used a neoprene face mask and sometimes goggles. I also wore (like you) the black lined Carharts and some Cabelas -100 boots. I could stay toasty for quite a while outside.

BTW, I didn't let them use quilting on the inside, it almost can't get cold enough to wear comfortably. Instead I had them use a heavy satin fabric as a liner. Just right.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by NVhntr
46 here in So. Nevada. Thought they might call school off but they are tuffing it out.
A couple of leaves fell from the trees last night. I might have to bundle up and go out and rake.

But probably not.

Seriously, this desert rat doesn't know how you guys survive. smile

Yeah life in the desert is pretty nice this time of year. I am going up to Cold Creek tomorrow to do a hike and shoot and expect to endure temps in the low 40s w/ winds gusting up to 5mph. I better put on extra sunscreen.

He does look better wrapped up but I'll bet he has on trigger finger mitts and will find something to shoot. That dog would be great to hang out with.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
-29 In Casper Wy,this morning. Feeding, when that cold, has its fun times.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Don, I'm hoping it thaws just a little - before it hits here tomorrow.
(We tend to get Denver weather the next day)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
And no cab on that tractor?

Now I can feel a little sorry for you.

Been there and done that.

Betcha that seat is padded. Ain't gonna be a steel bucket and have an ass in it on days like that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been seeing new flights if geese and ducks around here.
Went out to the lakefront in the dark this morning and tossed in some decoys.
Nice flocks up high but I wasn't able to bring them in.
Got one duck and numb toes and fingers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody should ever feel any sadness or remorse for livestock. I gave up on that a long ago.

It was a balmy 13 deg here this week, and I had a 14 month old steer for some stupid reason run full on and crash a fence. It broke a few strands but the bottom two were still intact. That idiot then stood back up, kinda sprung off the fence like a WWF wrestler, and fell over sideways. Then he walked over the fence and away from the pasture! I had to race all the way around with a 40MPH windchill on my face from that speeding Yamaha Rhino.

Chased him around a while hoping the others would not find their way out too. Finally quit that hopeless event. Went in got a loaf of bread, and fed him slowly back into the pasture. By this time, I'm frozen. Now back to the shop for the come along, staples, hammer, and some more two strand. All this steel stuff must be absolute zero to the touch it's so freaking cold!

Now I'm out there stretching wire, ratcheting and hammering all the while this moron steer is standing 15 feet away with full on steam streaming from his nostrils and drool almost reaching the ground.

I have become the steer version of Netflix for this moron. He just watches me struggle and freeze fixing his mess. So he is back in the pasture secure again. Don't believe that a fence is cattle proof, especially if they are horned. It's a visual deterrent at best.

Never gonna feel sorry butchering those pain in the ass beasts in my lifetime!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's why they call it animal husbandry JJ. Dang near as bad as having a wife

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Nobody should ever feel any sadness or remorse for livestock. I gave up on that a long ago.

It was a balmy 13 deg here this week, and I had a 14 month old steer for some stupid reason run full on and crash a fence. It broke a few strands but the bottom two were still intact. That idiot then stood back up, kinda sprung off the fence like a WWF wrestler, and fell over sideways. Then he walked over the fence and away from the pasture! I had to race all the way around with a 40MPH windchill on my face from that speeding Yamaha Rhino.

Chased him around a while hoping the others would not find their way out too. Finally quit that hopeless event. Went in got a loaf of bread, and fed him slowly back into the pasture. By this time, I'm frozen. Now back to the shop for the come along, staples, hammer, and some more two strand. All this steel stuff must be absolute zero to the touch it's so freaking cold!

Now I'm out there stretching wire, ratcheting and hammering all the while this moron steer is standing 15 feet away with full on steam streaming from his nostrils and drool almost reaching the ground.

I have become the steer version of Netflix for this moron. He just watches me struggle and freeze fixing his mess. So he is back in the pasture secure again. Don't believe that a fence is cattle proof, especially if they are horned. It's a visual deterrent at best.

Never gonna feel sorry butchering those pain in the ass beasts in my lifetime!

Funny stuff right there...I tell my wife that same thing. She's always whining about cold cows.

We have some Scottish Highland heifers and I swear they love the bitter cold.
Their back hair stays hard frosted all day, never thaws. Incredible thermal efficiency with that stuff. 100* animal with frozen hair...Look like musk ox out there.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
91º here and humid...I am ready for the cold honestly.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I says to da wife last night: It's colder than a witches tit. She replies how do you what that's like? I just smiled and looked down at her chest. Lol. She smiled back.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I couldn't make it when it's that cold

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don, I didnt recognize you, all wrapped up like that.

Be careful.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well we got our first cold snap here in North Dakota. 16 below this morning but no wind yet. ED K

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually a little snow on the ground out here at sea level. Looks kinda nice.

I'd be shocked if it lasted the day though. Probably get in the high thirties today and get a little rain.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the dog is liking his new coat.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't understand why people go outside when it's cold?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (007FJ, 7887mm08, 7mm_Loco, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, 10 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.