Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I found a P14, but they seem to call the other Model 17.

I have a Model 17.

[Linked Image]

Most call them a m1917, as the tread title entails... wink

I did see how you titled it. I was being like a little [bleep]. Sorry

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M1917yes also known as a pattern 1917 also known as P17 also known as US Enfield.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by southwind
M1917yes also known as a pattern 1917 also known as P17 also known as US Enfield.

You need to search that, I think you are wrong. IMHO

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Southwind, Here are some pix of mine. The top is a work in progress. Its a Eddystone 30-06, that was my dads. The original stock was pretty badly fit. I found this one in the back corner of a gun shop, The guy gave it to me because he had no clue as to what kind of rifle it came off. When I told him what it was, He just gave it to me. Nice piece that needs to be refinished and checkered.

nest down is my Late FIL's rifle. It is a Winchester, 300 Win Mag. Douglas BBL, Timney trigger, and a french Walnut stock that I picked up at a garage sale in Virginia for 10 bucks! That rifle has been all over the place! I made this for him early on ans he loved it!

Third down is the 416 Rigby, on a Remington receiver, Timney trigger, Brownells "Butterball" bolt handle, #4 Douglas bbl, and a Turkish walnut stock that I made with just hand tools from a blank. I made this rifle for my final specialization project, while at CST. I got a 4.0! lol This rifle has been to Africa, and although he wanted another buffalo, he used it to kill a beautiful Gemsbok. The only animal killed with this rifle. Maybe Ill shoot a deer with it some day!

The one on the bottom is a Winchester 300 Win Mag, Douglas bbl, sitting in an MPI fiberglass handle. I re barrelled this and used it for my fiberglass project while in school. I have killed a bunch of deer with it, but now, it pretty much sits in the safe, taking a back seat to the 280 rem and the 6.5 Creed. I'll get a scope on it and take it out next year, as its a tack driver and fun to shoot at distance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Whatever makes you feel good spanky

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by longshot3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Southwind, Here are some pix of mine. The top is a work in progress. Its a Eddystone 30-06, that was my dads. The original stock was pretty badly fit. I found this one in the back corner of a gun shop, The guy gave it to me because he had no clue as to what kind of rifle it came off. When I told him what it was, He just gave it to me. Nice piece that needs to be refinished and checkered.

nest down is my Late FIL's rifle. It is a Winchester, 300 Win Mag. Douglas BBL, Timney trigger, and a french Walnut stock that I picked up at a garage sale in Virginia for 10 bucks! That rifle has been all over the place! I made this for him early on ans he loved it!

Third down is the 416 Rigby, on a Remington receiver, Timney trigger, Brownells "Butterball" bolt handle, #4 Douglas bbl, and a Turkish walnut stock that I made with just hand tools from a blank. I made this rifle for my final specialization project, while at CST. I got a 4.0! lol This rifle has been to Africa, and although he wanted another buffalo, he used it to kill a beautiful Gemsbok. The only animal killed with this rifle. Maybe Ill shoot a deer with it some day!

The one on the bottom is a Winchester 300 Win Mag, Douglas bbl, sitting in an MPI fiberglass handle. I re barrelled this and used it for my fiberglass project while in school. I have killed a bunch of deer with it, but now, it pretty much sits in the safe, taking a back seat to the 280 rem and the 6.5 Creed. I'll get a scope on it and take it out next year, as its a tack driver and fun to shoot at distance.

Longshot, thanks for sharing these are awesome! Very nicely done. Love that Rigby!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Search it Kid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Search it Kid.

Here is a suggestion for you spanky, say what you mean and don't be an annoying ankle bitter. You could have written "technically it is a US Model 1917, caliber .30" and been done with it but you chose to play a silly little game.

Owned several, even one Winchester work over by Elmer Keith at the Ogden Armory. Won a bolt action service rifle match with that rifle. Search it junior

So anyway junior if you have something to say spit it out and don't be shy.

Last edited by southwind; 12/12/16.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ain't shy Kid, but you are right. Mine must be a P17 as I call it my PUDDIN Rifle. That make you happy!
Another one of my POS Enfields. It will become a 22 Hornet.
[Linked Image]
I better put this on the Remington forum.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well congratulations junior, next thing you know you might just stop communicating in riddles and get over your affliction. Baby steps, baby steps.....

That is some sweet PUDDIN though and 22 hornet would make it even sweeter.

Last edited by southwind; 12/12/16.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well congratulations junior, next thing you know you might just stop communicating in riddles and get over your affliction. Baby steps, baby steps.....

You know, we may have a lot in common.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You know, we may have a lot in common.

That was a little fun, truce and you do have some nice iron.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
211 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.