Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Somebody (protecting the innocent) forgot to put the pins / screws in the game cart. That hold it together so you can carry game (ya don't need them when it's folded and stored).

WTH!!! I Jerry rigged it with ropes - what a pain.

What do you "find out" you forgot.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 12/09/16.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the bullets. very, very important. Was quite a ways from the nearest store too, even farther from home.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never brought bullets hunting. I always bring ammunition though.

Binoculars are the worse thing for me to forget, so I make sure I don't.

If I have a pack/knife/binoculars/rifle/ammo/me, I'm good.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
my first trip to Wyo, in 1982, i got about 300 miles from home, and figured out i had left my licences back at home. I turned around, drove back and got them. ever since then, i put them in my rifle case, when they arrived

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Me and a friend of mine hiked an hour up a mountain before he realized he forgot his rifle in the truck

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Binocs on my African trip. Sure could have used them looking through the brush at Gold Medal animals. So I was told. lol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On a quick mid week hunt with my boy and my buddy's son, I was concerned that they had everything they needed, I forgot my clothes bag on the kitchen table.

I had hunting clothes but not stuff to change into at night. I had to run to walmart and buy undies, socks, sweat pants and a few t-shirts.

Camp is where you make it.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Rifle. Only 3 miles from home. Another time the rifle bolt 13 miles - sitting in moose stand when I went to chamber a round. Still on cleaning bench... Partner took over my stand. I got back just in time to finish off "my" moose for him..... Grrrr!

All kinds of incidentals time to time - coffee, utensils, cord, etc. never TP tho !

I've long since typed out and laminated a list divided into categories ( some items duplicated), then using the list I lay out everything on the floor that I'm taking on that trip. Never the whole list - depends on the trip.

I cross items off that I'm not taking or have already laid out with a dry erase marker so I can reuse the list.

Tripper Lab (gone now) used to "help" me by adding or subtracting to the floor stuff- until I learned to lay out his pack first thing. Then he was content to watch.

Last edited by las; 12/09/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ammo, sort of...not my fault! My son and I were going to sit together, then he wanted to split off and sit by himself, then he wanted my bolt action so I took his single shot to my stand....after getting in the stand I discovered I had ONE round of 30-30. Talk about having to make every shot count!

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to remove the bolts from my rifles when stored. Bad news when you realize you brought a rifle to hunt with no bolt in it.

Kelly
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Me: key to trigger lock on a duck hunt. I just did the calling that day.

Took my son to PA for post thanksgiving hunt, about 4 hours from his house he pointed out he forgot his boots. Bit to cold and snowy for sneakers so he got a new pair of boots.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Long ago I realized that my memory was getting to be far from perfect. I sat down and made a list of all the things I take on a hunt, as each item is put into the pack/duffel it is checked off the list. I run thru the the check list a second time as gear is loaded into the truck, a list with all items checked off is pretty good assurance that I've taken the essentials. The list is also handy when leaving camp to make sure everything makes the trip home.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Forgot the new insulated boots I had just purchased. This was for a Montana hunt traveling from WA state, so most inconvenient. Not a good thing to forget, ended up buying warm footwear in town. Thankfully I haven't repeated that trick. I also forgot stove pipe for the wall tent on a different trip, also not a good idea. Another unplanned trip to town, and earned some good natured ribbing for a while.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boots.

I was about 5 min. from the house and realized how comfortable my feet were.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I usually don't need much. Rifle, ammo, nocs and knife.....and TP. I didn't have TP when necessary one time and vowed to not rip up another t-shirt in a sleet storm.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gee Stealhead, aren't "bullets" included in your ammunition?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Brought the wrong Weatherby bolt (257 and should have been the 30-378)which I discovered after a 600 mile drive. Had a backup 45-70 along so I was still in business. Being the first of the party to arrive, a 45 mile drive into town and a phone call got the proper equipment on it's way. Still get gigged in camp over that one.

Forgot life jackets on a week long white water trip once. Discovered after the shuttle driver had departed. Had to hitch hike into town and buy/rent replacements. That put an early morning start back into mid-afternoon.

Not me, but a partner was assigned the kitchen and eating utensils for another float trip. No silverware. Insisted we had hidden the packup only to find it on the hood of his rig when we got home.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/09/16.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A friend of my dads went hunting every year for 1 week with the "Guys" Wife always packed his clothes for him. One year he discovered she had forgot to pack him any socks so he wore the same pair everyday, got home and biched to the wife about not having any socks......She says with a big smile "there wasn't any room in your duffle bag so I put them in your gun case......."

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Forgot my license/tag once. Drove all the way back home to get it, then all the way back to hunt. Never happened again though!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Ammo , coat, underwear, lot of stuff

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,114 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.