Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Since these companies have no real competition and stand astride the information superhighway should they be regulated as utilities ? I would not have thought so in the past but they are now acting as political gatekeepers and trying to censor conservatives. I'm not sure what the solution is. Any better ideas ?

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
BP-B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When has more .gov regulation (and bigger government) ever helped us?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they are your gatekeeper you're standing at the wrong gate.
I don't use any of those services and stay well informed.
If they are such important gatekeepers, how did Trump pull it off? They were all pulling for Hillbag.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Since these companies have no real competition and stand astride the information superhighway should they be regulated as utilities ? I would not have thought so in the past but they are now acting as political gatekeepers and trying to censor conservatives. I'm not sure what the solution is. Any better ideas ?

Any way you cut it, Trump is a master at using them. He just bypasses the msm and goes straight to the masses.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have no monopoly on anything, they just happen to be the biggest at the moment in their respective fields.

Let the free market handle it. If they overreach, they'll go by the wayside just like MySpace and so many others have.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

Any way you cut it, Trump is a master at using them. He just bypasses the msm and goes straight to the masses.[/quote]
Yes he is a master and has used them successfully but what happens when twitter or facebook ban Trump to silence political speech they don't like ? Personally I don't have an account with either company but millions of Americans do get almost all their information from facebook and google. Those millions also vote. To control information is to control the people.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes he is a master and has used them successfully but what happens when twitter or facebook ban Trump to silence political speech they don't like ? Personally I don't have an account with either company but millions of Americans do get almost all their information from facebook and google. Those millions also vote. To control information is to control the people.

Have you ever considered making an account so your voice can counter the opposition?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So Trump forms a team to write an app that sends you notifications to your phone when he writes something in the app/message board.

Then Google and Apple ban his app from the stores... then what? Well there's always www.donaldjtrump.com to get the message out.

I know a guy that could write this app before everyone goes to bed tonight, test it, and submit it to the stores for release tomorrow (OK Apple is probably going to take 3 days to approve it and Google don't GAF what you publish so it'll be available by midnight).

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by pal
When has more .gov regulation (and bigger government) ever helped us?

Like the OP, not keen on the left liberal leaning of many internet companies. However, agree with above, don't think more government regulation is the answer. Just look at how well the IRS behaved 'regulating' conservative tax payers...

What can go wrong ?

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You mention three different companies in the space, then contend "there's no competition". Unless you have evidence of collusion, you premise is disproven in it's very presentation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We need more regulations

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Twitter is heavily censoring its content by suspending the accounts of people who exercise freedom of speech. Google is shaping their words search engine so that its results reflects the left's agenda. Microsoft, Apple, and Yahoo are all in on the plan to shape the narrative,...even Wikipedia is part of it.

Alternatives to all of them are in the works.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I threw all concern for my "friendships" to the wind and posted political stuff on Facebook every day during the campaign. (I was working more on making Hillary unpalatable than promoting Trump.) A noticeable portion of what I posted vanished into thin air.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not like this is a new analogy, but Winston Smith's job in the Ministry of Truth was to rewrite historical documents to match the current party line.

What's fun about human nature is that even if you point out that the path to tyranny is clearly labeled with flashing lights and warning sirens, people will still take it...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Start a new company that provides an alternative. MAGA baby, MAGA.

Why are so many so afraid of so much?

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Bristoe, I hope there are viable alternatives soon !

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
you mean like linkedIn, snapchat and instagram?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,749
Posts18,401,306
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.