Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Northman
Considering the chance of excetuting am innocent, ( which has happend several times), the death penalty should be painless.

I disagree, they should die the same way their victims died.

I'm sick and tired of coddling these f u c k e r s, they didn't care about their victims pain why the h e l l should we care about theirs?

Amen to that Brother!

I've preached the same thing for a long time...

they should die the same way their victim did... and be denied the same rights they denied their victim...

and especially those that have assassinated cops.... they should be knocked to the ground and be wasted exactly where they found them...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As much as I'd like to see murderers and rapists be executed in horrible and painful ways to match what their victims went thru, it won't happen in our society. However I want to see swift means of execution. My solution:
log splitter designed guillotine, quick and effective.

NRA Patron Member
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Taking the issue of these "botched", lethal injection, executions at face value, it's rather amazing to me that most of the very drugs used are the ones we in anesthesia administer every day in precise dosages and ways to bring patients through their surgery and anesthesia as smoothly as possible.

These drugs are our tools and we know them intimately. Obviously no health care provider is going to volunteer or otherwise be involved with lethal injection executions but picking my choice of drugs and dosages, death would be swift in 5-10 minutes, without pain, any contorted movements, or any degree of consciousness.

I don't understand why these prison officials can't procure this information and get it right. It takes knowledge and skill to use these drugs eloquently in delivering a good anesthetic; conversely, to execute quickly, it 1). takes the right drugs, 2). The right doses which = 3) quick painless death. It's the simplest of recipes that anybody who can read can follow.
So, rhetorically, why does this incompetency keep occurring?

The reason it is not so easy is because the liberals have attacked the pharmaceutical manufacturers for selling medical drugs to prison officials. The pharmaceutical companies in an effort to avoid the publicity have stopped selling the most effective drugs to the government. Not sure which US Supreme Court justice referenced this issue in his opinion but he pointed out that the anti death penalty people have actually made it far more painful and risky because they can't use the normal drugs.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
jaguar...

I'm a bit of a different voice in this discussion, because I oppose the death penalty on practical grounds, rather than principle. (I oppose abortion on principle, btw.)

Without getting too deeply into that, I'd like to say that I've done some serious research into execution methods and their relative "humane" levels. As far as I'm concerned, death by lethal injection is far and away the most effective and least discomfort-causing method currently available. It isn't rocket science, and as George_de_Vries has said, the dosages can be easily calculated to produce the desired effect.

There are 2 problems with this. First problem is that doctors won't get involved for ethical reasons, and rightly so, IMHO. Second problem is that drug manufacturers are refusing to sell drugs to states that carry out executions.

There are simple work-arounds for both problems, but since governments are involved, doing so is like getting a herd of cattle to dance The Nutcracker.

First problem is easily solved by hiring a pharmacologist who is not bound by the Hippocratic Oath to calculate your drugs and dosages. Second problem can be solved by any number of means... buying drugs "blind" through an intermediary/wholesaler instead of direct from the manufacturer, or ordering them through the State Hospital system. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Or, if you just want to go to the second-best method and avoid the whole mess, have each prisoner executed by shooting him in the back of the head with a 9mm pistol, the way the Russians executed millions of prisoners between the Bolshevik revolution and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Cheap, fast, and there is no suffering.

But nooooooo... we have to have a big fight about it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Taking the issue of these "botched", lethal injection, executions at face value, it's rather amazing to me that most of the very drugs used are the ones we in anesthesia administer every day in precise dosages and ways to bring patients through their surgery and anesthesia as smoothly as possible.

These drugs are our tools and we know them intimately. Obviously no health care provider is going to volunteer or otherwise be involved with lethal injection executions but picking my choice of drugs and dosages, death would be swift in 5-10 minutes, without pain, any contorted movements, or any degree of consciousness.

I don't understand why these prison officials can't procure this information and get it right. It takes knowledge and skill to use these drugs eloquently in delivering a good anesthetic; conversely, to execute quickly, it 1). takes the right drugs, 2). The right doses which = 3) quick painless death. It's the simplest of recipes that anybody who can read can follow.
So, rhetorically, why does this incompetency keep occurring?

The reason it is not so easy is because the liberals have attacked the pharmaceutical manufacturers for selling medical drugs to prison officials. The pharmaceutical companies in an effort to avoid the publicity have stopped selling the most effective drugs to the government. Not sure which US Supreme Court justice referenced this issue in his opinion but he pointed out that the anti death penalty people have actually made it far more painful and risky because they can't use the normal drugs.

Sure, I get that liberals live in their own perverse universe and always make things worse, but then ditch lethal injection and go back to hanging, or a firing squad, or back to old "sparky". The point is liberals would object to those too. Or maybe we need to go back to the guillotine at which time liberals might see that lethal injection might be the "neatest", most humanitarian way after all.

Even with their limited drug armentarium these prison officials have, there is a way to do it but it's not a job for a "limited" person on an hourly wage.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
These puzzies complainin bout sufferin should be made to make a choice:

-1- Die the way you killed your victim, least as close as we can get to it; or

-2- The needle.

Alla them puzzies will pick the needle.

Course, the answer is:

Nitrogen asphyxiation.

Sealed room w/windows.

Any guard can give em the pills to knock em out, then turn on the nitrogen and walk away.

Killers never know what hit em.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are lots of mostly painless ways to kill someone. The tried and true guillotine was one of them but our polite society can't stand the sight of blood. [/quote]

Another vote for the guillotine from here!
Painless as can be, and sure.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm probably with Doc on my position on the death penalty. Against it on practical grounds, not principle.

That said I'm not sure why after the drugs have been administered and taken effect they don't shoot him in the back of the head. Double sure.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The entire criminal justice system can’t figure out how to painlessly put someone down ?
What amazes me is that every day, all over the world, hundreds of junkies kill themselves, with a smile on their faces. What’s the problem ?

MOLON LABE
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
How about nitrogen without the sleeping pill. Just put them down for a nap, turn it on, come back next day.

The problem with trying to trying to exact revenge is at some point we become "them".

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Inert Gas Asphyxiation seems the way to me.

NITROGEN - Cheap, available, relatively harmless to the masses, no nasty chemicals to clean up, much easier to administer.

The process seems to be 'proven' by all those that have taken the 'forever nap' from being in an enclosed space with the engine running. Doesn't seem there was a 'struggle' or pain involved.

Europe uses CO2 and Helium, to put pigs down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqaPZR4M22w

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way it used to be done. wink

[Linked Image]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DocRocket
jaguar...

I'm a bit of a different voice in this discussion, because I oppose the death penalty on practical grounds, rather than principle. (I oppose abortion on principle, btw.)

Without getting too deeply into that, I'd like to say that I've done some serious research into execution methods and their relative "humane" levels. As far as I'm concerned, death by lethal injection is far and away the most effective and least discomfort-causing method currently available. It isn't rocket science, and as George_de_Vries has said, the dosages can be easily calculated to produce the desired effect.

There are 2 problems with this. First problem is that doctors won't get involved for ethical reasons, and rightly so, IMHO. Second problem is that drug manufacturers are refusing to sell drugs to states that carry out executions.

There are simple work-arounds for both problems, but since governments are involved, doing so is like getting a herd of cattle to dance The Nutcracker.

First problem is easily solved by hiring a pharmacologist who is not bound by the Hippocratic Oath to calculate your drugs and dosages. Second problem can be solved by any number of means... buying drugs "blind" through an intermediary/wholesaler instead of direct from the manufacturer, or ordering them through the State Hospital system. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Or, if you just want to go to the second-best method and avoid the whole mess, have each prisoner executed by shooting him in the back of the head with a 9mm pistol, the way the Russians executed millions of prisoners between the Bolshevik revolution and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Cheap, fast, and there is no suffering.

But nooooooo... we have to have a big fight about it.

Why do you oppose the death penalty?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a vet can put down a horse without a single kick, one would think a human would be a snap.

1Minute
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
The way it used to be done. wink

[Linked Image]

L.W.

Those horizontal dudes look a little dusty...and tired.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Doc Roc, I certainly can appreciate your reticence toward capital punishment; however, I am still inclined toward a nation or society living within the bounds of laws and the commensurate consequences for braking those laws being impressed on the transgressors. And some acts are so nefarious, so violent, so horrible that those who do them are accordingly required to forfeit their presence among the living. They still have the opportunity for forgiveness from God.

Conversely, the innocents in the womb, I consider murdered no differently than those sacrificed to Moloch by the Cananites thousands of years ago -- sacrificed to the gods of convenience, of economy, sexual promiscuity, of selfishness. (And I realize many young women are "funneled" toward abortion by a culture that promotes it.)

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Liberal thinking, Trump will get the proper "dead" drugs supplied again shortly.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
If a vet can put down a horse without a single kick, one would think a human would be a snap.
It's all politics. We have any number of drugs that will do it fast and painless but the liberals won't allow them to be used. Any vet could execute a man without pain but the drugs he can use on a dog aren't allowed to be used on people. It's nuts.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not nuts, it's fighting with obstacles. Learn it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=kellory]No reason that makes any sense with me. They also complain about the cost of the drugs, and the effectiveness.
I find it humorous they call it "lethal injection". Let's just drop them in a pit of vipers from here on out. Televise it, take odds on how long he lasts, how many hits it takes, and how many strikes he can avoid. Feed the remains to pigs. Make bacon.
A win-win all the way around.
Ratings would be very good. [/

A few feet of rope and few 2 X 4's for a scaffold don't cost much.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.