Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Lion Sleeps Tonight!
grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Cool pic. congratulation on your lion

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks Irfubar. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'Nut,

You're lying out your Drooling Yap about cranes,was fhuqking HILARIOUS! Congratulations?!?

And again only due to the FACT,that you were doing your very fhuqking BEST...with your Imagination and Pretend working overdrive,you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Sure..even posted one with a nice note to you in it while I was pretending. Heights concern some. Those are better off with their boots on the ground, doing something like cuttin' trees. To each his own...

[Linked Image]

Was a ways North of you not too long back with a small fleet of these we put together. Trump will be good for business.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting that same 20 year-old pic of that same black bear. You sure have put the miles on that one. Laffin!

Here's to you of big mien, little stature, and tiny tim.

[Linked Image]

You go, girl.

P.S. Happy New Year ya little cronk.

Last edited by 1Nut; 12/31/16.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Remington long range in 25 06

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hope you guys have a happy new year

Tater
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jwall
The Lion Sleeps Tonight!
grin

Elk,

I hope it's UNnecessary to say, "Congrats". Well IF you don't know from my posts, I'm very happy for you - your hunt- your KILLS - & your PIX.

I think you are a BIGGER man than a 'couple' of pathetic, jealous, insecure, OVER compensating ...........

Happy New Year

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

The Lion Sleeps Tonight!
grin

Elk,

I hope it's UNnecessary to say, "Congrats". Well IF you don't know from my posts, I'm very happy for you - your hunt- your KILLS - & your PIX.

I think you are a BIGGER man than a 'couple' of pathetic, jealous, insecure, OVER compensating ...........

Happy New Year

Jerry
Thank you Jerry. I'm glad to post the pics for people to see. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jerry: I agree with you.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[/quote]

Sure..even posted one with a nice note to you in it while I was pretending. Heights concern some. Those are better off with their boots on the ground, doing something like cuttin' trees. To each his own...

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Nut-
That pic is from a PETA blog. You know, the PETA that hates hunters.. ..If you're going to plagiarize pics at least take them from somewhere that isn't anti hunting.

As for the 25-06. I've seen a pile of deer killed with em. 100 gr. Sierra bthp. My uncle has a "D" grade from the Remington custom shop that has almost no bluing left on it. At least 40 years old, probably more. Though we're in VA and the longest shots here are 99% of the time within 300 yds max. Probably closer to 200 and the deer are normally sub 150lbs so a 30-30 is more than adequate.

Growing up I saw more Enfield's in .303 in the deer woods than anything else due to surplus stores in the area selling them for $30.00.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/31/16.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PETA Blog? That's the last place I'd visit. Do you even know where that is? It's a pic taken very near where I proposed to my wife several years ago. Being from Va, you should know exactly where it is, if you are familiar with the trail.

I took this one on a mountain ~20 miles away this year at Thanksgiving. Private property. Go to the PETA blog and I'm sure you'll find it, too.

[Linked Image]

That's a 30-06, not a 25-06.

As you were.

Last edited by 1Nut; 01/01/17.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
According to the PETA website it's on the AT looking over peaks of otter. So it's your pic? http://prime.peta.org/2014/04/blue

Because apparently some little vegan hippie chick who blogs on PETA's website thinks SHE took it......

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/01/17.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

The Lion Sleeps Tonight!
grin

Elk,

Happy New Year

Jerry

Jwall, your graphing of loads you always talk about, can you explain that process? sounds interesting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I probably know the hippie chick. I bet she went to U of Maryland and is married to my BIL. Her sister lives outside Charlottesville, Va and they grew up in NYC. My BIL is quite wealthy and has hiked and biked the world. He also has climbed all over the world and he takes pics everywhere he goes. Gave me a calendar a few years back made of pictures from of a climb he did in the Himalayas. Coincidence? I have no clue if it is, it might explain some things and maybe not. If it does, most likely my BIL took the pic of my step son, not her, and might be found on Hiking.org or in Bacpacker magazine. If not, I couldn't give a flying Frack.

I have not done major rock climbing, nor hiked the Himalayas, nor cut down firs. But I do work for a major crane manufacturer which has afforded me access to 'getting high' more than once. Nothing special, it's just what I do for a living. I've also hiked the App Trail and spent most of my life near it, much of it hunting.

Here's another for you. Not as good a pic, but the same area we hike regularly (without the SIL mostly). The previous pic is from the family farm, nearby.

[Linked Image]

Happy Friggin' New Year.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rosco1

Jwall, your graphing of loads you always talk about, can you explain that process? sounds interesting.

Sure, it's not a problem. 'Graph' is Chronograph. Mine is an Oehler 33 which isn't available anymore. I got it in 1981/82. This pic is the 'calculator' so to speak.

These pix are for demo purposes only. I set up with a backstop in a safe place for the bullets.

[Linked Image]

The newer Oehler is a 35 and more sophisticated. There are other brands and they look different.

Here is the OLD set up using Skyscreen IIs. I used them until 2012 or so, till I began to get WEIRD readings. I haven't kept records of HOW MANY rounds but having HAD many different rifles over 34 + yrs PLUS graphing for friends.... I've shot thousands of rounds over the screens.

[Linked Image]

You set up so that you shoot down the top -OVER- of the screens. The target is HI enuff that only a RETARD would hit the top surfaces. That is the original mounting board that "I MADE". The target holder shows the years of handling, moving, & hauling USE.

The screens are placed EXACTLY 5' apart C-C. That is a space I found far enuff apart to be practical for my purposes. Oehler says the farther the screens are placed apart-- the more accurate your readings.

Here is my set up with the new Skyscreen IIIs. It's GREAT that after 30 yrs. you can get NEW parts for the Oehler--that WORK ! ! I have reasons for being somewhat prejudiced.
I got a larger board to accommodate the larger screen bases. They too are EXACTLY 5' C-C.

[Linked Image]

They can be used with or w/o the diffusers.
[Linked Image]

I have only tested them a couple of times using the diffusers and WITHOUT them. I ALWAYS graph under clouds OR in a SHADE. So far I haven't seen any noticeable difference.

It is BETTER not to graph with the Sun directly overhead!!
There, I assume, the diffusers would make a real difference.

You load your rounds, or use factory, I normally shoot 5 per group--10 IS better but I've DUPLICATED the results using 5 per group. There are ALWAYS minor differences in readings of the average, std. deviation, etc. but not enuff to make a real difference.

The 'unit' reads EACH shot individually, which I record!
It will read the Hi, Lo, Avg, & Std. Deviation.

The way I have arranged mine, it takes only a few minutes to set up and start graphing. When you're done, same, a few minutes and you're ready to leave.

I hope this description explains well my 'graphing'. I actually got lost in 'editing' trying to make sure I said what I WAS thinking. <grin>

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This Reply is for'

SICK STICK ! !

IF you reply to my (this) response to roscoe....be assured I will simply SKIP down and NOT read A SINGLE SOLITARY word out of your septic tank mouth.

Don't waste your time.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Can anyone really decipher what stinky dick is talking about? Possible, I mean there is a slight chance that the midget from his pretend place knows something.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Can anyone really decipher what stinky dick is talking about? Possible, I mean there is a slight chance that the midget from his pretend place knows something.

Sugar tits knows a lot of gun!!! and struggles with life. Guns are his escape from real word facts. But 99% of his knowledge can be gained with reading applied ballistics for the LR shooter. The math never lies nor does the scale. Must suck being three inches taller than he is wide.

Ps creedmoor kimber hunter lay in wait for what's never tales of legend just greatness.

LARRY STOP PMing me we ain't friends. Get a [bleep] clue.

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 12 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.