Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by southtexas

And a Ferrari will out run a Willys on the freeway. But it's not what I would pick for a hunting vehicle.

GREAT & accurate analogy ! ! I outta steal that.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll pm my address to you so you can send the royalty check grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
laugh laugh

I really do like the point.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Buy the TC Venture, you won't regret it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by specneeds
. . . Do I need a 25-06? . . .

Of course you do. Any rifle loony worth his salt has at least one 25-06. grin

I only have one, so it is a nice one . . . Sako AV

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by specneeds
My budget is as little as I can spend for a decent accurate rifle that is pretty low these days compared to several years ago. Since the wife wants to give it to me that is even more important that she believes rifles are affordable. I have a 3-9 Conquest and Talley's that fit either the TC or Howa sitting in the reloading room.

Antelope at 400 is the benchmark of required accuracy. I have a 1900 vintage 30-30 and Dad's old 06 that would struggle any other center fire I own will do that easily.

I have an older Vanguard in 300 Wby and like it very much since I put a Timney in it a few years ago. Would prefer not to need to do that again.

Thanks for the input so far - am I missing something with another budget contender?

A $330 Howa from Whittaker should help create the illusion of affordability. The nice two-stage trigger will eliminate the need fir a Timney.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/16/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...NOTHING funnier than a gaggle of Window Lickers doing their best! FUNNY schit!!!

Bugger,

Your fixation on boolit "weight" is a False Fascination,as mettle is farrrrrrr more important than metal. Hint.

Now as to the .257" Hornie you cite,I've shot 'em by the 10's of thousand and they are a dismal Critter boolit,but a good time for Giggles,to form cases,punish Vermin and Feral pursuits. Their aero form is hilarious,but they reliably unhinge and knowin' such thangs,can be more than justa touch handy. The 75gr X will wayyyy out dig it and is a much more constant factor in arranging Terminal Affects,despite the difference in mass. Hint.

The 120NPT is an Epic Goat Fhuqk and a blundering turd,that do no favors in flight form or terminal affects...but it will kick harder and that swoons some. Laughing!

You'd do well to heed/hide the constant on how you are such a slooowwwwwwwww "learner" and do your best to forget everything you "think" you "know" about the 243,after a halfa Century of dropping the ball. The simplistic fact is,that 25's cain't hang with 243's or 264's,due simply to boolits. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

I shot a .243" boolit...once.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Again,the 243Win will drop/drift less than a 25-06,arrive on the scene with more velocity,make greater "energy",recoil less,is cheaper to shoot,comes in a parcel of less length/weight,is better balanced,better handling,ain't as fhuqking noisy and will produce smaller Agg's to boot. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Physics and Facts ain't no "arguement",they are simply constants,which are NOT subjective. Hint.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

'Nother hint.

Hint.

Laughing!................

'needs,

Who could pass up such HILARITY?!?(grin)

Trouble is,the 243Win is the superior vessel,whether it be near or far. That it does so less concession(s),only sweetens the pot and frosts the cake. Unfortunately,Fantasy reliably collides with Fantasy and the facts I cited,most assuredly do apply. It only adds to the humor,that Window Lickers are devoid the faculties,to see the obvious. Hint.

A scope's sole purpose is to steer boolits and the Conquest(s),are exceptionally poor at same,due literally by design. They don't track for schit,hold zero for schit,nor repeat for schit and are of modest erector latitude to boot. To conjoin same,their reticle(s) suck ass...so in fairness it IS a clean sweep,though not the way in which you "think".

Conquest TRYIN' to steer 162's outta a piece of fhuqking schit Weatherby 7mmRemmie. It couldn't,because they cain't. Hint.

[Linked Image]

As a not so curious aside:

A 7mmRemmie squirtin' a 150TTSX at 3150fps(doubt your's was going that fast) and zero'd at the 250yd line do the followin':

Drop Drift Velocity "Energy"

250 0 4.2" 2613fps 2274 ft lbs
500 30.6" 18.3" 2129fps 1510 ft lbs
750 110" 46" 1702fps 965 ft lbs
1K 265" 91.5" 1349fps 606 ft lbs

Now a 22" 7-08 and a 162A-Max at 2700fps zero'd same:

250 0 3.6" 2345fps 1975 ft lbs
500 38" 15.6" 2011fps 1455 ft lbs
750 130" 38" 1709fps 1050 ft lbs
1K 298" 73" 1445fps 750 ft lbs

The astute will be able to extrapolate the obvious,in that a modest capacity S/A offering with bullets given a thunk,can/will/do clean the clock of a H&H based L/A chambering fed Ping Pong Balls. If you are enthralled with 7mmRemmie Mag performance with 150TTSX's,then you will be floored with a 22" 7-08 squirtin' 162's,because it fhuqking trumps same. Hint.

I may shoot some .284" too and when fed good boolits across the board(162 A-Max),case capacity increases can do some favors. Hint.

Tough to whoop the Kimber Montucky 7 Whizzum Conjoined Trilogy,of throat/twist/coal harmony sanctity. The STW bein' my least favorite of the lot,though I've only had a coupla of 'em(my Schneider barreled one was a Zinger).

[Linked Image]

I'd rather have a 20" 6BR,than a 26" 25-06...due solely to boolits and the fact that I have both.

20" 6BR and a single 105 'Max at 200yds++. Yes,it exited the shoulders.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Just sayin'...................

pouttexas,

I've only rebarreled (2) 700 264Win's to 257Wby,due boolit selection of The Day. Have only shot out (5) barrels in 257Wby and very much look forward to you "telling" me "more",as you "live" vicariously and fixate my every word and pixel...you "lucky" kchunt.

Very GOOD call to refrain ALL first hand particulars and wax eloquent via Vagina Monolgue instead. Congratulations?!?

The only fhuqking thing you "shoot" is your mouth,but there ain't noooooooo slightin' how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend are to you. Laughing!

Now you be certain to stand at the podium and find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even fhuqking further in your Stupidity. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

'105,

Have done same 100's of times with a 223/223AI and more than a few different boolits.

Say a leetle sumptin' in particular about that amazingly "effective" 25-06. What boolits/speed? Glass/mounts/rings? How do you arrange POA/POI correlations?

Be VERY fhuqking careful,because your Dumbfhuqktitude is fixin' to get hammered. Hint.

Bless your heart.

limpbarrel,

I've only got said chambering in 22,23,24 and 26" lengths. Do tell more about your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results"...mainly because it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Cite which of the Hornady and Nosler projectiles you are trying to talk about,you've "used" and perhaps dare to corroborate launch speeds,with your other Delusions. Again,only to add more inherent fhuqking humor to the equation. Hint.

I'm always torn on which is funnier from you Stupid Fhuqks...the Silence or the Excuses. Pull no punches! Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'bear,

Weatherby's best efforts are twin-lugged and the rest of their schit sucks ass. They are "great" for The Safe Queen Gang,but are tender in real use.

Managed to shoot my 378Wby MK V largely to destruction due round count and to their credit they replaced the bolt,barrel,stock and trigger...which represented a PERFECT time to put the POS up for sale. Hint.(grin)

'Course I've suffered 'em in 6-lug too. I'd dangle a pic,but 'bucket is actin' up(again).

Weatherby still struggles with twist rates,amongst a host of other concessions inherent their perpetual Dumbfhuqktitude.

Hint............

'77Shooter,

I getta kick outta how you "wield" being a Clueless Dumbfhuqk as some sort of Secret Squirrel "advantage". Rest assured Sweetheart,it ain't. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Tough to do much worse than a 120 Core-Rock in .257" and it's sub .370BC. Say a leetle sumptin' about launch speeds and POA/POI correlations. Can't wait to hear that STUPIDITY!

Now do tell which bullet(s) you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks were whistlin' in the "bad" 243Win. I'll not mention that Ruger from inception has twisted/throated same rather nicely and the extry COAL latitude inherent the platform,just "happens" to do nice favors which allow some exceptional projectiles to be fielded less concession(s). "Answer" VERY VERY fhuqking carefully. Hint. Laughing!

You Broke Dick Turd Polishing Dumb Fhuqks are a HOOT! Now "high shoulder shots" are in "vogue",due your "vast" "experience"?!? It is a cryin' fhuqking shame,that you've zero fhuqking inkling just how SENSATIONALLY fhuqking Stupid you are.

500yd+ .243" 105HPBT...never took a single step Dirt Nap,due them broken axles. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'Hunter,

I've suffered both Bob and Better Bob's...do tell about your 22" "phenom",how you feed it and how fast she flies. Mebbe muse COAL to boot. Laughing!

Am thinkin' you'll wanna tread REAL fhuqking lightly,but am hopin' you don't. Facts and Physics ain't subjective,no matter how desperately you WISH 'em to be. Hint.

If only to cheer you up,I've suffered 300Whizzum,300Winny,300H&H,300Roy,300Super and 30-378...as .532" and greater caseheads go.

Now you can say you've "seen" one...you "lucky" kchunt.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

stantdm,

If a B78 25-06 is the most accurate rifle you've ever owned,you sure as fhuqk haven't had many rifles. Congratulations?!?

I've only had a coupla B-78's(pistol grips) and while their for end hanger arrangement trumps Number Ones(yes...I've suffered them too),they are MILES away from anything nearing the top of the OEM accuracy heap. Hint.

Describe your base/ring/glass arrangement upon same,because it will be fhuqking funny! Pictures better yet. Hint.

The 117SST is a sub .400BC,has more than a touch bearing surface and is a slug in the Speed Department. It is shy of 3150fps,of schit design and mettle to boot.

DO elaborate upon "versatility" and don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

'4ELK,

You "lucky" kchunt,you don't "gotta" "act" Stupid...it comes naturally to you. Congratulations?!?

PLEASE find me "mistaken". Yessssss,that is a Double Dog Dare.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

RBO,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you...KNOWS better than to touch anything germane,with a 10' fhuqking pole. You "hard charger" you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

'chez,

Do tell "all" about "your" Quarterbore "Conquests" and "Pursuits",while sparing no "details". Laughing!

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a HOOT!

Bless your heart.

WyoCoyo,

You prolly asked Santy Claws to sew a dick on your Old Lady too. Congratulations?!?

Born in Texas...weren'tcha'?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Fotis,

You suck a mean ass,while using your Imagination and Pretend to concoct the Delusion,that you've a first fhuqking clue.

Backwards ain't forwards. Google it. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

jwall,

You "outta" steal another STUPID Fhuqk's botched analogy?!? Oh my...there's NO end to the depths of your DUMBFHUQKTITUDE. Congratulations?!?

The two of you Stupd Fhuqks bolted together,couldn't conjure a first fhuqking clue,on a gawwdamned fhuqking dare. Hint.

This schit is only fhuqking funny,because you AMAZINGLY Inept Fhuqks are 100% doing your best. I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing soooooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'Okie,

Looks like it gets "used" a "bunch".(grin)

Nice glass too.

pappy,

A RAR 243Win,will smoke a Howa 25-06. They's twisted/throated right and wear the requisite COAL to shine. 77's always have too in 243Win.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
stick --

why don't you INHALE your own breath over and over and over.
Leave me the XXXX alone. I never pull your chain.
You are the greatest legend in YOUR mind.

SICK stick

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 12/17/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hint......

Medication is your friend, the doctors are there to help you, your hat says it all.

Laughing.

And Laughing.

Last edited by RBO; 12/17/16.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Jwall,put the idiot from up North on ignore. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

You are TOOOOOO polite! Good Advice tho. I keep hoping he'll find his HUMANITY.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nope,that'll never happen.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess by that logic no one should ever own a 30-30, 444, 45-70, you know due to lack of BC....

Funny.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Big Sh$t, GFY,

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, my neighbor has dumped two out-sized whitetail bucks with his .25/06 this year at over 270 and 290 yards using 100gr TTSXs, presumeably factory ammo. Both DRT.

You'll forgive his enthusiasm, I trust.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Pappy348
FWIW, my neighbor has dumped two out-sized whitetail bucks with his .25/06 this year at over 270 and 290 yards using 100gr TTSXs, presumeably factory ammo. Both DRT.

You'll forgive his enthusiasm, I trust.
Imagine that,shot placement and bullet performance wins every time. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The order for a Howa from Whittaker's went in yesterday, my lovely wife is happy she was able to buy a rifle that I'll use and enjoy. When my daughter saw the price she said "wow I could afford one of those for my boyfriend" he can thank me later.

Stick indicated that the 7mm with a 150 TTSX was nothing special. My son in law used one for the first time yesterday, last night he texted me a pic of what looks like a 500 lb. boar with huge tusks. I'm guessing he will be as happy with that combination as I have been. The porker I shot several years ago at 513 yards dropped and flipped with a broken spine.

Thanks to you guys for enabling my rifle habit that now includes a quarter bore.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Enable, us ? ?

No surely not.

Congrats.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

You are TOOOOOO polite! Good Advice tho. I keep hoping he'll find his HUMANITY.

Jerry

I hope he'll find a noose to put around his neck and a tall stool to step off from afterwards

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry: you'd have a hard time rubbing my nose in anything...you couldn't even reach my nose! grin

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 21, 70 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.