Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The 7-08 is the absolute perfect cartridge for deer. ......

In the wake of easily duplicated ballistics from many other offerings, these statements of perfection above all others, are amusing and not to be taken seriously. smile

The 7/08 is nothing more than a picket in a fence of cartridge performance. That's all.

Nevertheless, it is dead solid perfect in the middle of that picket fence regardless of what any snarky Yankee might say about it.

Bet I was using a 7/08 before you were in diapers......I know I was using one before you developed an IQ......

So where precisely does it sit in the lineup? Would that be the lineup of SA standard cartridges, short fat belted cartridge, standard cartridges? belted small bore magnum cartridges?

What would be to the right and left of it in that picket fence?

What a joke. You guys sure do get all wound up over brass bottles that hold powder don't you? grin

Like I said....people get delusional. And emotional LOL!

Especially [bleep] from the South.Would that be Tex- ass? Huh?

Notice how you immediately attacked me personally because i think your favorite cartridge is absolutely nothing to get excited about? That burns your ass because you know Im right doesn't it?

I suspect you don't have enough experience with anything to comment.... but if you do suppose you tell us the difference between the 7/08 and the 280, 284, 270, 7x57. 6.5x55,6.5 Creed, 7 Rem Mag and a few others in terms of ow they kill animals?

C'mon ....tell me? I'm all ears.

You can't and you know it. What a joke.

You're the one who basically calls someone a dumbass for merely expressing an opinion. And my opinion, which is undoubtedly more worthwhile than any you might express on practically any subject is that as a balance of performance, recoil, action length, and typical rifle weight and length, the 7-08 is damned near perfect. That doesn't mean that any there aren't lots of others that work really well, or even better, one being perfect doesn't mean another isn't either. For instance, just because Larry Bird was great, doesn't mean that MJ was not great too.

So take your snarky Yankee ass and STFU.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/19/16.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
ANY headstamp can be fed wrong and spun wrong.
Inside 100yds most will never know it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, true story...

When I was 13-16 years old I remember reading the cartridge trajectory charts in the annual Peterson's and Rifle Shooter(?) magazines.

I had it all figured out...grin

The 22-250 was the flattest and I already had one so a 7-08 was next best.

Local store didn't have one so I placed a WTB ad in the paper.

Old farmer called up and had a 788 that he'd sell. But of course in the mean time I had my eye on a fancy new 25-06 M70 Winlite.

Bought it and STUPIDLY traded it in a couple years a later on 300 Win mag.

Still wish I would have bought that 7-08.

T
TiBike Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well, thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Plunked the money down on a Tikka T3x stainless lite in 7mm-08. Now to keep an eye out for some quality glass on after Christmas sale!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good choice IMO.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TiBike
Well, thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Plunked the money down on a Tikka T3x stainless lite in 7mm-08. Now to keep an eye out for some quality glass on after Christmas sale!

Sorry if it's been asked before, but do you reload?

And what's you budget on glass?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

That's pretty funny right there.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

You do like wise. Like I figured, you can't answer the question,which proves my point. Another stooge.

I learned a long time ago never trust, or listen much, to anyone with two first names. It shows they couldn't make up their minds about anything as simple as choosing a first name ......It's a southern "thing" LOL!

You and Pharmseller can do your mutual admiration circle jerk,and play rope a dope while you're both figuring this stuff out.He comes up with some of the dumbest threads I ever read.Mystified by a 160 AB that drops one MOA more than the tables said...now what could cause that?

Hilarious......keep reading those ballistic tables and looking for "advice". LOL!

You boys got a long ways to go. smirk

BTW moron.....you made it personal because i don't see anything special about a 7/08. Got your panties in a wad. What a child...grow up.

that goes for PS as well. idiots.

Last edited by BobinNH; 12/20/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

P

You do like wise. Like I figured, you can't answer the question,which proves my point. Another stooge.

I learned a long time ago never trust, or listen much, to anyone with two first names. It shows they couldn't make up their minds about anything as simple as choosing a first name ......It's a southern "thing" LOL!

You and Pharmseller can do your mutual admiration circle jerk,and play rope a dope while you're both figuring this stuff out.He comes up with some of the dumbest threads I ever read.Mystified by a 160 AB that drops one MOA more than the tables said...now what could cause that?

Hilarious......keep reading those ballistic tables and looking for "advice". LOL!

You boys got a long ways to go. smirk

BTW moron.....you made it personal because i don't see anything special about a 7/08. Got your panties in a wad. What a child...grow up.

that goes for PS as well. idiots.

You need to get over yourself. Your word is not the end all be all on any subject. I have no problem with you being wrong. It's America, you are free to disagree with me and be wrong all you want. But I do expect that even the other Yankees in your AO think you are an assshole.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/20/16.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know if he's an a-hole, I just thought the "Yankee ass" comment was funny. He is a mite touchy, though.

And no offense, JoeBob, I don't admire you. I don't know you.

BobinNH should wait until he knows me better to insult me. Then he could do it properly.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

BobinNH should wait until he knows me better to insult me. Then he could do it properly.

OK, that right there is funny!

Thanks.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why the hostility Bob?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A .270 Win or .280 Rem is your huckleberry. Mildish recoil, plenty of power out to 500 yards.

Ruger .280 Rem for $499. Have one and love it.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/280-hm77rp-22-syn.html?___SID=U

Got one of these .30-06 rifles for $499 for a future son-in-law. Love it too. 20" barrel.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/30-06-hm77rlfp-20-syn-ultra.html

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't know if he's an a-hole, I just thought the "Yankee ass" comment was funny. He is a mite touchy, though.

And no offense, JoeBob, I don't admire you. I don't know you.

P

That's okay. Only the weak seek the admiration of others.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Cheer up Bob. There are shytloads of dickheads on here but it's almost Christmas man ! God I do hate the 7mm-08 though. No good reason why but I never could stomach the dumpy little thing.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Must agree with Blackheart..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just get a 270 Win

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
That is what Bob would have said..

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
A .270 Win or .280 Rem is your huckleberry. Mildish recoil, plenty of power out to 500 yards.

Ruger .280 Rem for $499. Have one and love it.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/280-hm77rp-22-syn.html?___SID=U

Got one of these .30-06 rifles for $499 for a future son-in-law. Love it too. 20" barrel.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/30-06-hm77rlfp-20-syn-ultra.html

When did the OP ask about 280s and 30-06s?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 7-08 is the absolute perfect cartridge for deer. ......

In the wake of easily duplicated ballistics from many other offerings, these statements of perfection above all others, are amusing and not to be taken seriously. smile

The 7/08 is nothing more than a picket in a fence of cartridge performance. That's all.

Nevertheless, it is dead solid perfect in the middle of that picket fence regardless of what any snarky Yankee might say about it.

You considered that snarky? sleep
What a joke.

Anyway, I like the 7mm-08 more than a little, but somehow get by with a bunch of different choices. All used in the same covers. .223AI, .22-250, 7mm-08, .280AI, .300Sav, .338Fed, .30-06, .300WM.

And could have made others work just as well.

The perfect Deer rifle is akin to the perfect women. Or man if you happen to be a huntress.

Wait, you said absolute perfect. Is it absolute with 120's, 140's, 150's, 175's? Is it absolute in a LW, middle weight, heavy weight? I like my women kinda middle weight, but could be content with a light heavy if she can get around and makes me laugh.

Am I being snarky?

Last edited by battue; 12/20/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.