Campfire Ranger
B
"Cantankerously big 7 prejudice?" grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Brad what can you expect from a Snarkey Yankee!?

True. Takes one to know one grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anybody who shoots stuff with a belt at white tails, is like the 50 year old dude with the new Corvette. He is compensating for something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BobinNH may be a snarkey Yankee but he has fine taste in rifles. grin

All he needs now is a sticker on the buttstock, a rattle can paint job and toss them in the creek next to a fish and he will be the gun god. laugh

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
All he needs now is a sticker on the buttstock, a rattle can paint job and toss them in the creek next to a fish and he will be the gun god. laugh

I got the sticker part covered... pure macho death.

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Anybody who shoots stuff with a belt at white tails, is like the 50 year old dude with the new Corvette. He is compensating for something.

Hey, stop that. I'm 72 and on the 6th Vette. Started in my 20's and not compensating for anything. I don't think, then again, na....

And I have been known to use a 7mm-08. Hmmmm....

Last edited by battue; 12/20/16.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Unless you're shooting at deer a long ways away, there's really very little difference in any of the 6mm-7mm range options.

Some like a little longer action and a little higher velocity with medium to heavier bullets.

Others like a shorter action and are happy shooting medium to lighter bullets.

Viva la difference!

Bob will never change my mind and I won't ever change his but we can agree to disagree, like gentlemen should - even though I'm right!

Last edited by bludog; 12/20/16.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As is someone that feels the need to point that out...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Brad

At my age, the only thing I am compensating for is the depth of the water in the toilet bowl. I have to be a lot more careful to keep the jewels dry than I did twenty years ago.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cred is where it's at today boys. All you have to do is read. Shooting not required to be an expert.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

LMAO grin

BloeJob you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole...it's already apparent you don't know much of anything.

There's people posting here who have likely passed more big deer than you've ever seen....smart guys.

Like I said....people with two first names.....Encephalitic morons

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

LMAO grin

BloeJob you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole...it's already apparent you don't know much of anything.

There's people posting here who have likely passed more big deer than you've ever seen....smart guys.

You're the one who feels the need to point out over and over that cartridges with more powder will outperform those with less.

But like I said, you're compensating. Keep blasting those puppies with the big schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Well played Brad.
Now put on your big boy pants and rattle can that puppy! laugh

Then toss it in the yellowstone river and you too can be a gun god. whistle

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It was common back then for snarky Yankees to buy airline tickets to hunt far places and get their experience shooting rifles and hunting, instead of reading about it on the Internet.

That made my morning Bob. laugh

Merry Christmas to a Snarky Yankee from a southern bubba wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

I really like that! laugh

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

LMAO grin

You're the one who feels the need to point out over and over that cartridges with more powder will outperform those with less.

But like I said, you're compensating. Keep blasting those puppies with the big schit.

LMAO.

You're getting boring.

Keep digging.

You never did answer my original question....all you know how to do is hurl insults. Typical Internet [bleep].

Once again....tell me how the 7/08 distinguishes itself from all those other 7mm's or BG cartridges in general when it comes to killing animals,since it occupies that "perfect center" you blather on about?

That easy enough for you to understand? Huh?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I already told you, asshat. It is a great balance of performance, recoil, typical rifle weight and length. The 7mm magnum and the 280 to a lesser extent are overbore. The magnum typically a 24 inch barrel and traditionally has been chambered in rifles that weigh 9 pounds or so all up. The 7mm-08 gets its maximum performance out short action rifles and shorter barrels making a nice easy carrying rig.

Now, you know all that. You just want to pedantically pick a fight over insignificant details and point out that cartridges with bigger cases with more powder will outperform it. Yes, they will in larger and heavier rifles.

The 7-08 is the modern version of the 7x57. And anyone who doesn't think the 7x57 is pure sex is obviously a queer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas, gentlemen. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I already told you, asshat. It is a great balance of performance, recoil, typical rifle weight and length. The 7mm magnum and the 280 to a lesser extent are overbore. The magnum typically a 24 inch barrel and traditionally has been chambered in rifles that weigh 9 pounds or so all up. The 7mm-08 gets its maximum performance out short action rifles and shorter barrels making a nice easy carrying rig.

Now, you know all that. You just want to pedantically pick a fight over insignificant details and point out that cartridges with bigger cases with more powder will outperform it. Yes, they will in larger and heavier rifles.

The 7-08 is the modern version of the 7x57. And anyone who doesn't think the 7x57 is pure sex is obviously a queer.

Overbore? You are brainwashed, stupid, or both. Tell me about "overbore"?

I don't think the 7x57 is "pure sex"...and I'm not queer.

I think your brain is addled by a lot of bull [bleep] about short actions and light rifles. They may be perfect for you because you have short arms or something but I am not impressed, even after 3-4 Kimber Montanas.

You wouldn't know "overbore" if it slapped you in the face.

Tell me where you chase deer and how many of these 7mm cartridges you've hunted and killed with.

You STILL didn't answer the question. I don't care about your sophomoric notions about short actions, rifle weight, fps per grain of powder expended and all that other rot.Tell me...one more time!.....what the [bleep] cartridge does that a 280, 284, 7x57 etc etc...does not do when it comes to killing animals????

Tell me all about that "perfect center"in how it kills? The other stuff is gut rot and BS but you'd fall for it in a minute.

LMAO you can't read either.... This is your last chance...Im tired of wrestling with an idiot.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well----

I learned a new word, so all this time was not wasted. Tell me you just threw that out easily, without some cross checking synonyms and I will go driving off to my daily workout. Happily overcompensating, either way.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.