Hop To
Page 76 of 122 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 121 122
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by geedubya
hey douchebag, why not delete your smarmy post.

It is not needed or appreciated.

GFY

GWB

Blow me

And here you go douchebag. Why didn't you do your job in an protecting Bob's honor in 2011? The picture is gone now, but it was a black tracker in Africa, and a running joke with Bob.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by isaac
I ended up missing two baboons and two jackals total while Karen took my 338 Fed and wasted hers on her first shot.

[Linked Image]

At least you got to work on your tan.

You'll notice in 2011 I said to Bob 'At least you got to work on your tan'

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5416739/

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This creation from a basement shop in the U.P. is called the 50 Hush Puppy. I've got some video I'll post later. We were told it was loaded at 1200fps. The target is 1/2" plate.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by roof
No I was #11

I just checked the list in the Cup, GW was #8!

You still shot the he'll outta that pistol.

Keeping GW up drinking the night before would have been a brilliant strategy, especially as I was drinking beer and he was drinking whiskey.

ya'

Wednesday afternoon, checking zero on 4 rifles.

[Linked Image]

9.3 x 74 R, 286 gr. Nosler Partitions

35 Whelen, 225 gr. Sierra Spitzer

280 Remington, 140 Gr. Nosler Accubond

6mm BR Remington, 70 gr. Nosler B/T

what's the old song by Loggins and Messina,

don't do anything mellow after whiskey!

anyway not even eight hours after Knob Creek Single Barrel (@ 120 proof) and a half dozen inoculations of Camerana Repasado!

this ol' fart can't hang anymore!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/12/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This sounds like a wonderful hunt. Maybe next year I'll join in.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just go home. Have to work in the AM.

Kingston--Your terms will need to be amended. You will need to shoot left handed in the rifle shoot. I was shooter #8. That shot was made with my everything rifle. A plain jane straight out of the box Tikka with a 6X Nikon scope. Ammo was from Walmart @ $14.99--180 grain Winchester Power-Points. I been using it for years. The Grand Pooh-bah said a one gun shooter is over rated and made be turn in my rifle loonie card. smile

Thanks for sending the hat back. Go Tribe !!

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

ya'

Wednesday afternoon, checking zero on 4 rifles.

this ol' fart can't hang anymore!

GWB

Sounds and looks like you boys had a great time. DVD, good on you for doing the heavy lifting on arranging the fun.

GW, earlier tonight as I was leaving the office I texted old Kingston to ask how the trip was and to congratulate him on winning the cup, figuring he was already home. Turns out he was actually at Logan at the baggage claim area waiting on his guns to be unloaded from the plane. Called him right away to see if maybe he needed a lift, as I was but five minutes away. He thanked me but explained that his lady was outside somewhere dodging parking Nazis, and that he was all set. I asked and got some of his quick thoughts on the trip and of TX in general in the couple minutes we chatted.

I wasn't at all surprised to hear him say that he had a grand time with some damned good people. He commented right away that he loved the TX folks, what with their respectful and kind use of 'sir' and 'ma'am' even in casual conversation, as well as the classy and charming easy way that Texans seem to display as a matter of routine. I smiled wide, as I'd felt the exact same way when I first traveled there to be a guest of STX for the first PINS event, and haven't changed my opinion since, after a half dozen trips or so. Anyway I wasn't surprised in the least and laughed and agreed with him wholeheartedly and remarked that I was proud of him as an Easterner of his winning the shoot-off. In his usual modest manner, he said that he thought that a good percentage of the 'contestants' were a little handicapped in the event due to the previous evening's celebratory imbibing, but that in particular he was impressed as hell with your shooting ability running with what I think he said was something like 'a big fuggin' pistol' in what was essentially meant to be a rifle contest. wink

I've hunted ducks with Brian a few times and have seen him go to work with a scattergun and figured he'd at least place well with a rifle. The man sure can shoot, that's certain. Good on him and you all and glad to hear that y'all had yourselves a good time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I just go home. Have to work in the AM.

Kingston--Your terms will need to be amended. You will need to shoot left handed in the rifle shoot. I was shooter #8. That shot was made with my everything rifle. A plain jane straight out of the box Tikka with a 6X Nikon scope. Ammo was from Walmart @ $14.99--180 grain Winchester Power-Points. I been using it for years. The Grand Pooh-bah said a one gun shooter is over rated and made be turn in my rifle loonie card. smile

Thanks for sending the hat back. Go Tribe !!

Charles PM me your address.

You're right, you were #8. GW was #9. Thank goodness I saved that sheet. Beer brewed in Texas beer seems to have cognitive side effects.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
KG,

I am not a pistolero. IIRC that was Roof that did that amazing stuff with his weapon. I'm not always the best at the bench, but when it comes to killin' stuff, I'm lucky!

ya!

GWB

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
KG,

I am not a pistolero. IIRC that was Roof that did that amazing stuff with his weapon. I'm not always the best at the bench, but when it comes to killin' stuff, I'm lucky!

ya!

GWB

Ah, apparently I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. Wait, you're the dude who has been slaying hogs by the truckload I've been enjoying seeing pics of here and on AR for the past decade or more! Ha! Well then I offer you no congrats on this particular shoot, but thank you for the metric tons of porcine goodness you've shared all these years. wink

Cheers!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
KG,

ya!

GWB

Ah, apparently I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. Wait, you're the dude who has been slaying hogs by the truckload I've been enjoying seeing pics of here and on AR for the past decade or more! Ha! Well then I offer you no congrats on this particular shoot, but thank you for the metric tons of porcine goodness you've shared all these years. wink

Cheers!

Back at ya!

Not to be maudlin, but I've been a fan of yours for pretty much the same amount of time!

BTW,

Brian is good people. I very much enjoyed his company and getting to know him a bit. If you and he are friends.......

best to you and yours!

GWB

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When Leighton called I think I said something like, "I'm in love with Texas. I love Texas. I love the way Texans treat each other, the way they acknowledge one another. The yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. The warmth in their casual greetings and smiles. They've got lots of cows and weather's pretty good too!"

Ed, I can't thank you and your wife enough for hosting me at your beautiful home, for carting me around, and anchoring me on this trip. I hope that you'll allow me to return the favor one day. Thank you for the friendship and camaraderie.

Dan thanks for putting this together. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

To my hunting partners, I can't imagine another five grown men who I'd rather squeeze into a filthy pickup with, over and over!

Gordon, Joel, Bobby, Pat, and Lee thank you for patience while I initially struggled with your native tongues. A few more days and I'd have become pretty fluent. You probably can't image how much I enjoyed the poetry of your vernaculars. You're much less colorful on the internet.

Mike, I hope that I was half as courteous and thoughtful as you were roommate! It was great to meet you, have a safe trip home!

Bob that rife you built is a fućking hoot. Thanks for bringing it!

GW, with the exception of you being a lightweight in the whisky department laugh , you fùcking rock!!! Thanks for bring all the guns, ammo, and targets for us to play with. Your generous and straightforward spirit is inspiring.

Dan, Carpe Montana!

Thank you all for a great trip! I had a wonderful time. I could go on and on, but I've got to go to bed—more pics and videos later!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We did have a great trip.
So much fun was had, that I think I'll head back right now for a short visit with Kevin today. Love the 14 hour driving days. 7 one way, 7 back to the house.
You guys have a good day at the campfire.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Gordon sorry you forgot your bag

Great time,great hunting,great food and a great group of Campfire guys!
This one will be hard to top but we will try. as ltppowel Pat says things evolve
Total hog tally was 60 with a couple coyotes,a fox and a Blackbuck which BTW was a damn challenging hunt and I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get one this trip
They stay out in the opened and if you tried to get close enough for a shot they were out of there at warp speed...3 blown stalks and a miss at 350 yds before I finally got it done. I had my heart set on this specific Blackbuck as he was dark and wide.He didn't disappoint and measures a tick under 21"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
KG,

ya!

GWB

You also don't seem to be able to understand a frigging joke that wasn't directed at you either.

Take a Flomax and get the f*ck over yourself.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Kingston,

That's why we Texans never ask anyone if they are from Texas.

Because, if they are not, we don't want to embarrass them!

Texan captdavid

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, did some bullet testing with a 7.62x39. smile

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When Leighton called I think I said something like, "I'm in love with Texas. I love Texas. I love the way Texans treat each other, the way they acknowledge one another. The yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. The warmth in their casual greetings and smiles. They've got lots of cows and weather's pretty good too!"

You'll never hear a Texan say you have to be born here to be a Texan. You don't even have to live here, hence the State motto...

"Texas...a State of mind."

Edited to add that there are plenty people living here that will NEVER be Texans, as much as they would like to be. Some are here on the 'fire.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just for the record.
smile

Pennsylvanians at the Alamo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just for the record.
smile

Pennsylvanians at the Alamo

Pure Texan. See above post.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You'll never hear a Texan say you have to be born here to be a Texan. You don't even have to live here, hence the State motto...

"Texas...a State of mind."

Edited to add that there are plenty people living here that will NEVER be Texans, as much as they would like to be. Some are here on the 'fire.

This is what I mean!

Page 76 of 122 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 121 122

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 76 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.