Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 83 of 122 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 121 122
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
OK..here we go! Had a great time with you guys..best hunt yet. Got off to a slow start by auguring into the caliche with my face and being rescued by you guys! thanks for that!
I will happily use a swollen face and black eye as an excuse why my first day hunting didn't go well!
Second day saw nothing in the morning,and by evening thought I'd better get busy, given the chance...
And I was given the chance. Scored on a trifecta of good sized sows ( including a 169 pounder..)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.223AI and Nosler 60 grain BTs...brain shots all.

This allowed me to sleep in the next morning grin

Got in some Brim fishing in the pond with Pat...a real pleasure

Got to meet some new faces, and spend time with some old ones in witty conversation!

Dan, as always , put together a bang-up gathering, and scored on a Blackbuck that was worthy after numerous tries! I hadn't the heart to tell him I managed to get closer earlier.....

[Linked Image]

( actually, this is a 'stunt double' on another ranch wink )

Great to see you all again...more later!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Got off to a slow start by auguring into the caliche with my face and being rescued by you guys! thanks for that!
I will happily use a swollen face and black eye as an excuse why my first day hunting didn't go well!

I heard that you got the black eye and bruises because you yelled, "THONG WEDGIE is KILLING MEEEEEEE!" causing Bob to rush to your aid, knocking you over.

Truth?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I sure do miss chasing hogs and black buck in shorts and a short sleeve shirt

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wtxj
This person got in a fight with a concrete pad and some gravel at the shooting range. He was tough and sucked it up. No complaints from him.
Cowboy all the way. He is healing.
We did have a Doc in the group, so we were good.
They can tell the story if they choose.

[Linked Image]

This is what Tom looked like one or two days "after" his fight.
After the Doc had done the relook and re patch several times.

I was walking out to the range, approached and saw someone on the ground surrounded by people. I had my camera. I thought to myself, nooo I don't work for the newspaper not going to take a pic of this.
Joel (ran past me), to get a truck to haul Tom back to the lodge.
As I walked up on the crowd Tom wanted up and off the ground. They helped and let him stand. Truck came and Tom was gone to the lodge area.

Very glad he made it Ok with a war scar only.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]

I'll bet that's a real true statement. Never seen much snow, so that's a lot for me.
47 here and 56 in Crystal City.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I spend much of my time hunting around the area you guys hunted. We call the brush, 'chaparral.' Most of where I hunt has little or no cultivation or hope fields. We hunt senderos. It always strikes me a little funny when people criticize me for not spot and stalk, or still-hunting. I guess if I still-hunted, I'd use a knife or spear for my three foot 'shots!' smile As I've said we hunt the conditions we are given. captdavid

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This person got in a fight with a concrete pad and some gravel at the shooting range. He was tough and sucked it up. No complaints from him.

[Linked Image]

You know, all the "cool" kids are going to copy him next year. It is a "badge of honor" type thing.

It'll go like, "Yeah, I got Ingwe'd all right. You should seen the size of that beast!"

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]

I'll bet that's a real true statement. Never seen much snow, so that's a lot for me.
47 here and 56 in Crystal City.

It hit 80 here yesterday. Blue skies and green fields. I'd trade it all for another week hog hunting with you guys.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by captdavid
I spend much of my time hunting around the area you guys hunted. We call the brush, 'chaparral.' Most of where I hunt has little or no cultivation or hope fields. We hunt senderos. It always strikes me a little funny when people criticize me for not spot and stalk, or still-hunting. I guess if I still-hunted, I'd use a knife or spear for my three foot 'shots!' smile As I've said we hunt the conditions we are given. captdavid

I fully understand. A tree saw and machete are going into my pack next year. I too had to track a pig into the bush but I was lucky as mine ran in a straight line across the field and expired ten yards into the Mesquite.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Besides being thick, EVERYTHING has a thorn on it. Captdavid

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
10/4 everything sticks or bites....I wore shorts and below the ankle muck shoes...asked my guide about snakes and thorns he replied well you won't be walking around the brush....lmao wrong I tracked a hog that went on a death run over 100 yds right through the thick of it,then dragged it out back to my blind

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On my one and only African hunt, I asked my PH, why he wore shorts. He said that with shorts you are more cognizant of where you put your legs!! captdavid

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by captdavid
On my one and only African hunt, I asked my PH, why he wore shorts. He said that with shorts you are more cognizant of where you put your legs!! captdavid
also when you're barefooted like i was on our nilgia hunt last week, you pay attention when you got cactus everywhere.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

[Linked Image]

You know, all the "cool" kids are going to copy him next year. It is a "badge of honor" type thing.

It'll go like, "Yeah, I got Ingwe'd all right. You should seen the size of that beast!"

So did the Grand Poobah trip on the leg of the shooting bench? I tripped on it myself last year and again this year, but both times I was saved by my cat-like reflexes. I guess I learned that from my cats blush grin

I'm tempted next year to bring some reflective tape to put on the table legs smirk

We also had a member thoroughly scoped by a lovely lightweight big bore rifle. Probably good after all that I didn't bring one of my big bores, otherwise we'd might have had 3 or more injured old guys smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There was a tad of blood shed at the firing line this year.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I thought about breaking his fall but figured it'd be the end of me. He'd squash me like a junebug.

FJB
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I had 2 rifles in my hand both with pretty wood stocks or I would have

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GW got bit by the scope on his 4lb. 9.3x74R whilst trying to shoot off a bench designed for folks with 14" torsos. Thankfully, despite the best efforts of his supraorbital foramen, the German optic went away unscathed.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He told me he tripped on an invisible something.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, I was going to post some pictures, but I can't get Photobucket to work, so I'll try tomorrow.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 83 of 122 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 121 122

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,314
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.