Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He said "pair of binoculars" when he obviously only meant one binocular. Crucify him! Crucify him! wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
He said "pair of binoculars" when he obviously only meant one binocular. Crucify him! Crucify him! wink

Sorry ... Lol

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Pretty confident I'm going with the Leica Trinovid. I appreciate everyone's input. Just trying to decide now if I want the new HD version or the previous standard model.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Pretty confident I'm going with the Leica Trinovid. I appreciate everyone's input. Just trying to decide now if I want the new HD version or the previous standard model.

Go with the old... it is a no-brainer...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
[quote=RickyBobby]Pretty confident I'm going with the Leica Trinovid.
Go with the old... it is a no-brainer...

^^^^This^^^^^

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also looks like I messed around long enough that I missed buying 8X. Kept telling myself I didn't need them as I have a great set of 8x32 Trinovid BA's....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Leica here.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Way overdue for a new pair of binoculars for hunting and general purpose. Looking at the Leica Trinovid HD 10x42 and the Vortex Razor HD 10x42 ... with the Vortex being slightly more expensive. Anyone here have preference of one over the other???

The Trinovids are a very good deal for the money, Leica's warranty not so much. At some point in my experience binos will need to be serviced--regardless of brand.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
May want to take a look at the TRACT Toric. You don't need to spend $1000+ to get the quality you want. When I first started posting here I got quite a few less than favorable comments my way when I stated our Toric is equal to, if not superior quality than the Razor, and rivals the SLC. Thankfully we have had great support from Members here and on other forums, who have all backed up my claim.

The TRACT Toric 10x42 is $664 at that quality level. Just means $300-$400 more for other new gear... grin

Lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have the Leica 10X42s, nice glass fortunately haven't had any issues. Some friends have had Leica warranty battles, when I upgraded to 15X I went with Swarovski. They've been back for service twice (I'm kinda rough on my stuff) in 10 yrs. A big part of the extra expense is standing behind the product. Swaro may be the leader in CS. I've split the eyecups twice and torn the objective covers, 1 phone call had replacements in 3 days. Swaro offered to send loaners while they were being worked on.

Buy once, cry once.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
If the Vortex Razor HD's are comparable in quality & performance then I'd like to know what their customer service is like also. Warranty work and CS issues being handled quickly and with respect towards the customer means everything to me!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have have used Leica CS several times and no complaints. Not on the level of Leupold or Swaro but not bad.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If the Vortex Razor HD's are comparable in quality & performance then I'd like to know what their customer service is like also. Warranty work and CS issues being handled quickly and with respect towards the customer means everything to me!

They have topflight customer service.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.