Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

What is your reaction to the Chevy commercial about the ford alum. Beds.

I guess no one told them Toyota's have plastic beds in them for a LONG time, and they are pretty hard to break.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They don't see to be affecting Fords sales and they are probably wasting a lot of money in the process . Chevy will be coming out with an aluminum truck in 2018 and should not be throwing stones, no pun intended.

Chevy is lucky Ford's QC is not at Toyotas level, they would be the only Truck manufacturer in the world. They spend a whole lot more then anyone on Engineering, everyone else except the new Nissan titans have dated designs.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I always wonder how much of a difference a spray in bedliner would make in that "test". Don'think I've seen a new truck without a spray in bedliner, and I wont have a truck without one.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't think a apray in liner will help. I also don't think the damage is highly likely in the real world. Mine is a '14 with the steel bed, but I have one of these in mine. For $80 it'll prevent any of the damage shown.

https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ87...1&keywords=truck+bed+mats+ford+f-150

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a dual liner which is a combination of a regular bed liner that screws to the front and sides of the bed and it has a 3/4" thick Rubber mat like that Dee Zee unit.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
GM's commercials irritate the crap out of me! The GM bailout cost us around 10 billion dollars. We lost money on Chrysler too. I don't plan on ever owning another GM product. Where did they get that doofus doing the commercials anyway? He looks like a real expert! Ford didn't take any money, that I know of. I'll stick with them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ford would have died without that bailout. Why do you think they were in favor of it. I don't like these things, but if you think it was only about GM and Chrysler your way off.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw a video a while back that show's the "WHOLE" Chevy video and not just what they want you to see.

There were actually holes bunched in their bed as well.

I also wonder about a spray in liner and I do believe it would make considerable difference. Regardless, if I had any new truck I would have either a spray in liner or a bed mat.

Last edited by cal74; 12/23/16.

Life is just one damned thing after another
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ford would have died without that bailout. Why do you think they were in favor of it. I don't like these things, but if you think it was only about GM and Chrysler your way off.

Company Invested Sold For Profit/Loss Date Bailout Ended

GM $51.0 billion $39.7 billion -$10.3 billion December 9, 2013

GMAC (Ally) $17.2 billion $19.6 billion +$2.4 billion December 18, 2014

Chrysler $12.5 billion $11.2 billion -$1.3 billion May 2011

TOTAL
$80.7 billion $70.5 billion - $9.2 billion

OBTW GM and Chrysler can F themselves

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/23/16.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jesus. The bailout BS again. Wake up man it's 2017 already. Buy whatever truck you want. Not a damn bit of difference anymore. If you need to justify buying one truck over the other because of the "bailout", have at it. You'll miss out on some other great vehicles. mtmuley

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Who even cares what advertising ploys anyone uses. When is the last time you bought a truck because of a television ad?

A Ford would be the last truck I would buy, but if I bought trucks from advertisements, this Ford ad would make me buy one.

https://youtu.be/k_5Uj3WJBM0

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
GM is going to aluminum within 2 years or so.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Who even cares what advertising ploys anyone uses. When is the last time you bought a truck because of a television ad?

A Ford would be the last truck I would buy, but if I bought trucks from advertisements, this Ford ad would make me buy one.

https://youtu.be/k_5Uj3WJBM0

Ford trucks are the [bleep], man.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Jesus. The bailout BS again. Wake up man it's 2017 already. Buy whatever truck you want. Not a damn bit of difference anymore. If you need to justify buying one truck over the other because of the "bailout", have at it. You'll miss out on some other great vehicles. mtmuley

Yeah, I'm one of those who are still bitter and there are many more out there. I'll never buy a GM product again and it'd due to obama, the union and how they dicked the creditors. It's not BS, as you suggest. It's a matter of principle for me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 2007 Avalanche was my last GM vehicle until they file bankruptcy and reorganize. It's partly due to Obamas bailout, but my last two GM vehicles, a 2000 Grand Am and the 2007 Avalanche were both so poorly engineered and constructed that my decision would have been the same regardless of Obummer. That was a hard decision for a guy that has only driven GMs for the last 35 years.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So one can stand on principle and not buy a GM because of the bailout, and that is laudable.

Buuuut, not buying a rice burning nip-mobile because of the many ills Japan has done and never apologized for and you're a fool.

Do I have that right?

I've always thought chevy's drove better, was a chevy guy for a long time. But they sit so low to the friggin ground now I doubt I'll buy another one.

Fords drive like schist.

If I ever buy another new truck it'll likely be another Ram, though the front ends are weak as fugk.

Far as trucks go those are really the only options.

MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Yeah, I'm one of those who are still bitter and there are many more out there. I'll never buy a GM product again and it'd due to obama, the union and how they dicked the creditors. It's not BS, as you suggest. It's a matter of principle for me.

That is how I feel about Patagonia clothing. Hopefully you don't wear any of that greeny-granola $hit.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
So one can stand on principle and not buy a GM because of the bailout, and that is laudable.

Buuuut, not buying a rice burning nip-mobile because of the many ills Japan has done and never apologized for and you're a fool.

Do I have that right?

I've always thought chevy's drove better, was a chevy guy for a long time. But they sit so low to the friggin ground now I doubt I'll buy another one.

Fords drive like schist.

If I ever buy another new truck it'll likely be another Ram, though the front ends are weak as fugk.

Far as trucks go those are really the only options.

I grew up driving F250's pulling goose necked trailers full of cattle. Currently drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser, my 4th consecutive Toyota product. My next pickup will, most likely be a Ford F150, crappy driving and all.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

That is how I feel about Patagonia clothing. Hopefully you don't wear any of that greeny-granola $hit.

Never owned a stitch of Patagonia clothing.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
i just traded in a 2010 silvarado for a 2016 f150. i wish ford would have taken some bail out money. they could have done some r&d and had something that rode and handled better. i cant get this thing in my rear view mirror soon enough.took it back after a 35 trip, some logging roads where it was really bad ride. took a full day before my back to stopped hurting.

keep your nose in the wind
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,088
Posts18,463,966
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.