Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Yum!

Hey Bob, is Miles looking at one of Joe's rifles? If so, I'd chip in 2 bits if you will, just so he'd drop it... you know, get it a little dirty.

Also, if that is Dennis cooking... yall better watch out!

You fellows have a great time...

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Hey, thanks for the toast! I felt that way up here.

Did it warm you up any? Feeling kind of toasty up there? grin That was some good stuff.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Hey, thanks for the toast! I felt that way up here.

Did it warm you up any? Feeling kind of toasty up there? grin That was some good stuff.

O yes Feeling VERY toasty. Even the outside temp has passed +40.

See yall next year!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm home and unpacked- for the most part. Was a great weekend; amazing weather- never had to put a jacket on, storm never materialized. NO wind on Friday for sighing in rifles. We ate well as usual. I grilled up an entire side of beef-it seems, on mesquite wood coals. Kent grilled up fresh caught smallmouths and we had Mexican food before that. We had biscuits & gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, chilies, left over steak potatoes and a bottomless pot of coffee for breakfasts.

We burned lots of powder; sitting at benches, rolling in the dirt and even shot standing up. We shot 22s, 17s, AR-15s and various hunting rifles. A little bit of handgun shooting went on- far less than when BColorado comes! A 90-year-old 22 proved to be quite the shooter- peep sights and all.

Sat around the campfire, mesquite stoked of course, and compared notes talked about past get-togethers and planned new ones. A few javelina hunters drove by but otherwise we were not bothered by anybody. The moon was so bright we didn't even need to get the lanterns out!

There was no Louisiana 'shine this year but a few beers were tipped back, I saw a bottle of Dickels somewhere and Milo brought a couple bottles of Amarulla. The Amarulla came complete with the cutest little red solo cups I have ever seen!

Nobody got snakebit, shot or chainsawed! Miles did burn his arm pretty good before we all got there. Hard to imagine a better weekend!

I took no photos so Seafire and Mudhen will have to fill in with some photos when they get home.

For some reason my dog is even tired!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
For some reason my dog is even tired!

I don't think I saw her snoozing during daylight more than a couple minutes the whole time I was there. She definitely stayed on top of things.

The food was fantastic as noted. Many thanks to all responsible for the vittles. Now I need to fast for a couple days.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was a wonderful gathering. Seemed to me that a great time was had by all in attendance.

Was nice to renew old friendships.

Looking forward to Armijo Springs this summer. Hoping that those not able to attend this weekend will be able to attend this summer. And those of you reading and are interested will come and attend for the first time.

Thanks to Kent and his lovely wife for keeping us well feed. Thanks to Dennis for organizing the shooting matches. And to all others that helped in gathering wood, picking up trash, setting up targets etc.

And thanks to all of you that had to travel many miles to be here. May you travel safely and return to your families without harm of delay.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This event was simply first-rate - very good fun and fellowship, very good shooting, very good food and an excellent portion of the best of Campfire folks. Is this not why we gather?

We are making our way through AZ and back to the high country, and eager to meet again at Armijo Springs this summer.

Thanks to all who made the effort - and looking forward to some photos from the snappers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody hear from Myles? He was driving into a pretty nasty storm yesterday...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mudhen
Anybody hear from Myles? He was driving into a pretty nasty storm yesterday...

I was wrong, he hadn't posted since the sixth, but was online this AM.

Last edited by RufusG; 02/13/17.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Rained pretty good this morning about 330. Thunder lightning and the whole works.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am currently stopped just West of Oklahoma City, for the night. Will make it home tomorrow, if I have no trouble. It was snowing pretty good when I went across the divide on I-40 and there was snow all over the ground from there to East of Albuquerque. That don't look right but is what spell checker said. I spent last night in the RV park (lavaland) and about 3 inches on the ground. It was 32f this morning but by the time I gassed up and got ready about 34f. The roads were clear. They were looking at up to 6 inches of snow in the Eastern Plains of NM for tonight. I will report when I get home. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Drive safe

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got home about 3:00 pm today. From near the Texas-Oklahoma line, both yesterday and today all the way home it was rain and trucker spray. Long drive in that, but I am home. miles

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miles,

Glad to hear that you made it home safely. All that rain and road spray make for a LONG day.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After spending Sunday night and Monday night in Payson with my sister-in-law and family, I started toward California today, by way of Prescott.

At Dennis's urging, I dropped in on Dan Pedersen (Classic Barrel & Gunworks in Prescott). When I asked him to look at my Sedgley Springfield his face lit up. Then when I told him Dennis had urged me to bring it to him, his face lit up again.

Dennis, Dan says you are overdue to visit Prescott!

Dan has a particular interest in Sedgleys and has one of his own, that he acquired by luck. He shared the story. Briefly, he was offered a sporterized Springfield sight unseen at a price too good to pass up, for less than the value of the action alone. When it arrived in his hands it turned out to be a Sedgley. How's that for a stroke of luck?

Anyway, I had a very pleasant visit with Dan and left the rifle with him. He is going to refurbish it and improve it, while keeping the old-school look and classy style intact. When he is done and it has been re-blued, and with the new recoil pad and front sight with ramp, it will look like a nearly new, 80-year-old classic rifle.

Tonight I am in the KOA camp in Kingman, Arizona, and still about 800 miles from home. The weather is beautiful so far, but I will arrive in northern California just in time for the next series of rain storms.

I had a great four days at Tonto Basin with a fine bunch of guys that made the trip a special time for me. Miles, I am glad you made it home safe. Did you get that left turn signal on the trailer fixed? The old drivers hand signals aren't fun when it is raining and you have to stick your arm out the window.

I will get some pictures up in a few days after I get home.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you get that left turn signal on the trailer fixed?

Discovered that I had the park lights on, thinking I was seeing the running lights that are always on. With those off the brake and turn signals work fine. I just drove in the day time, and will figure it out while at home. Hope your trip is pleasant all the way. miles

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Milo- glad you could meet Danny!

NRA Benefactor Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Once again we had a great time visiting with everyone, the food was great and the shooting fun. It was great to see everyone again and missed a few that weren't there. Michael had a blast even though he totally pulled his shot. laugh He was banging the gong with a Springfield .22 bolt action regularly and also with a T/C in .223. I really enjoy watching his face light up when he shoots. Bang,,,,,,,,,,Ping! grin

I didn't take any pictures, and I am terrible with names and faces, so if anyone is going to post pics, could you put names with them please.

Kent, Cheryl and Dennis kept the group fed with some wonderful food AGAIN. A lot of food and a few drinks sitting around the campfire was the perfect weekend and the weather was fantastic!

I hope everyone has safe travels home. Will check in to look at the pics when they are posted.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, ATC, 12 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.