Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Darrik,

You've been good about trying to get manufacturers to produce runs of rifles us rifle guys might actually want. I know you often have trouble getting the manufacturers to see the light but I for one appreciate the effort.

I'll give you this disclaimer now that it's 3:00 AM and I'm still awake due to a painful psoriatic arthritis flare. Feels like gout in an entire leg. Anyways I get this idea and I'm wishing I had a big search light like on batman that I could shine into the night and summon help from someone who has a near supernatural ability to get a manufacturer to at least hear an idea. And then I think Darrik!

Anywho, I know there are many here who don't see the point of the 6.5 and now 6 creedmoor and they can just click away now. I don't want this to be 7 pages of explaining things that should be obvious to anyone that shoots. What I would like to know is...... How hard would it be to get Remington to make a limited run of model 700 mountain guide guns in 6.5 and 6 creedmoor. Both in 8 twists, or even a 7.7 on the 6, and in stainless steel. I'm talking mtn rifle in the first gen Ti stocks. I'm sure B&C still has the mold. I know 5-10 years ago they did some runs for Gander mtn and Cabelas or something like that.

It seems to me like they could at least sell a thousand or two. I don't understand the gun manufacturers and often feel like the view their customers as the enemy but why would it be so hard for them to put something like that together?

Bb

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm thinking faux Ti's, stainless and in the Creedmoors. I'd be in fir one of each if the price was sub $800. Any higher than that and you might as well just call kimber and go montucky. They're already half way there.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe Tikka would do it? Just have them move the bolt stop back another .2" and add that to the mag box too only because it seems like it would be too easy for them not too and no downside to it.

But I'd really like to see Rem do the faux Ti's. But after talking to a marketing manager from Rem at shotshow one year I'm convinced that there is not one ball they are not ecstatic to drop or one opportunity they will not go way out of there way to miss. I get the felling all the upper management are there because they lost their jobs fir the federal government for not keeping the status quo well enough and they are determined not to let a good idea ever put them at risk again.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 12/29/16.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Honestly, I don't know if they'd do it or not. I've approached them about a couple things in the past and they weren't really interested. With that being said, this will be a different year for the manufacturers. Sales won't be a given.

I don't think sub-800 will happen though. Their current mountain rifles are a little spendy and sales of that rifle aren't booming. That could make this a difficult task.

I'll send my rep an email today. I'll let you know what he says. It may be a few days -- he's probably on vacation until next week. They're gearing up for months of travel away from home. I'll see him at SHOT too.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'll approach Kimber again too.

I was in talks with Tikka about a run of 8" twist 243's last year. It was serious enough that they told me about the T3x that was coming way before anything was leaked.

There may be some opportunities there as well. Before they could the 6 Creed, they'd need everything approved with their version of SAAMI over there. I'll ask if that's done first.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like BB's thoughts. Remington seems to drop all of the guns I think are usable. I know most like long barrels, but hard to find a 22" sporter now. Even another run of the LVSF in the TI stock or the guide guns would be nice. I would like to see the 700 youth ADL in 223 also. A creed in the guide would work BB.

SAS! While talking to Kimber, you ca tell them to knock off the threaded barrels. IMO

Last edited by 7_08FAN; 12/29/16.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm just guessing, but I bet 'working' with Remington ain't an easy task.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Honestly, I don't know if they'd do it or not. I've approached them about a couple things in the past and they weren't really interested. With that being said, this will be a different year for the manufacturers. Sales won't be a given.

I don't think sub-800 will happen though. Their current mountain rifles are a little spendy and sales of that rifle aren't booming. That could make this a difficult task.

I'll send my rep an email today. I'll let you know what he says. It may be a few days -- he's probably on vacation until next week. They're gearing up for months of travel away from home. I'll see him at SHOT too.

Grice Wholesale seems to get what they want from Remington, just like Lipsey's seems to get what they want from Ruger.

A 22" 700 stainless built in the 700 Ti Mountain Rifle format would be nice. I put together faux-Ti MRs in 260 and 308 and like them pretty well.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's crazy how the manufacturer's won't use faster twists to keep up with the bullets, it would sell more rifles for those that care about fast twists and make no difference to those who could care less, for no additional cost...a win across the board.

Dave

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lefty's need loving too........................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
For the next 4 years guns and ammo will be a buyers market for a change.

You will no doubt see some gun manufacturers going out of business....mainly the already flooded AR15 market will suffer

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think Tikka would do well if they'd put out a 6.5 SAUM

Life is just one damned thing after another
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RDW
It's crazy how the manufacturer's won't use faster twists to keep up with the bullets, it would sell more rifles for those that care about fast twists and make no difference to those who could care less, for no additional cost...a win across the board.

You have to remember that bean counters run Remington and are looking for the last dollar, not all Remington buyers post on 24hourcampfire and or give a chitt about the twist rate. That is the unfortunate truth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those who are oblivious or do not care about the twist rate the faster twists work just as well as the slower.

There simply is no down side to rifling for the longest bullets that a rifle might shoot.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Darrick: while you are at it...making miracles happen..talk Tikka into making an 8 twist .222 in a Superlight....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cal74
I think Tikka would do well if they'd put out a 6.5 SAUM

If shooting a tikka, there's no reason not to use a .270 or a 6.5-06.
Tikka needs to concentrate on a shorter action first and foremost. YMMV...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Darrick: while you are at it...making miracles happen..talk Tikka into making an 8 twist .222 in a Superlight....

Is Tikka making a short action?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tikka needs their own version of the "Vixen".
I'd write that check today...

I'll take one each in .223 and .17 fireball...

Edit; And a 6TCU...

Last edited by johnw; 12/29/16.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I would like to know is...... How hard would it be to get Remington to make a limited run of model 700 mountain guide guns in 6.5 and 6 creedmoor. Both in 8 twists, or even a 7.7 on the 6, and in stainless steel. I'm talking mtn rifle in the first gen Ti stocks.

I'd guess that pulling hens teeth would be easier that getting Remington off their azz.

That said, I'm gonna build couple 6mm Creeds of my own on 700 S/A actions. Certainly a heavy barrel version and either a mountain or sporter profile version.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Is Tikka making a short action?

I don't think so.......but Im not sure. I had a Tikka .223 on their regular long action and didn't find it as objectionable as many say....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 51 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,330
Posts18,468,566
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.