Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok I wanted more snow and we got it

Up plowing at 7 yesterday, sprout got stuck trying to get out of driveway where state had filled it in as they cleared roads

Got him out contd to plow

And then I lost the tranny mad

Well at least any forward gears. Tried backing up hill but with no chains on back and only one plow pass to negotiate stuck it hard in the ditch

So now our driveway is impassable

Ok let's pull this bewitched bastid out, broke a plow bracket doing so

Ok other son came with his boss's plow truck and made us a narrow pass where A: bit too far off to left and you're rolling over downhill or B: you get to swap paint with the plow truck

Or C : you just squeak thru and wonder why folks retire to Florida

Well I'm running late 4 work now grab a bag with some town clothes head to work and get there 3 mins after we're sposed to open

4 of 7 people actually made it to work

Spend 10 hours there head home change clothes grab chains outa the connex only to find I've 1 new chain, and two that need repaired, fix the prettiest of the ugly sisters, chain up attach the plow and we're off to the races

Only threw a chain once. Of course it was while I was pushing berms so I'm stuck

Sprout comes to pull me out and damn near gets stuck himself

But by god he got me out and found my chain, for whatever reason it didn't wrap around the axle this time but was thrown clear,
Did I mention I love that kid?

hook it up to tire resume plowing and at mid nite decided to call it a day and get something to eat

Had a hot dog and a whiskey and slept like a baby.

Wind is howling. I see a shovel that was leaned up against the garage about 15 feet out in driveway, wind chimes sound like a marching band

And YES Virginia I still love Alaska

Gotta head to work now, would appreciate you boys keeping your fingers crossed that we don't lose power due to trees blowing down

Looking forward to having some daylight to work with tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The joys of AK livin' smirk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give up on that money grubbing and move down this way to relax and enjoy winter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?!) grin

We lucked out, and the big snow passed us by down here in the banana belt.

Happy New Year Randy!

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lol the play is great

Would like to go do some playing on snow machines.

Vern that sounds great, I'd love living down there with ya where the wind never blows.

Do you have room for 5 of us?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup!....lotsa room.....bring the chickens too as freezer #3
is empty.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
grin

Freezer would be a good spot for those damned birds.

told the sprout the other day "better hope this hair gig works out for us, gonna be pretty meager if we have to sell eggs for a living"

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Working on day 3 of blizzard here. About damned time! But then, I don't have to plow- I go to work by ATV or snow machine anyway. Gonna make tundra travel a whole lot smoother.

Ok, I had to go dig my wife's duty car out yesterday. Apparently after growing up in MT and 40 years in Alaska, she has yet to learn that a 2-wheel van with street tires isn't the thing to try to power through a 2 foot deep wind packed drift in the parking lot. Gotta get close to the door, you know....

And then, since I had the shovel on the snow machine on the way home via the PO anyway, I helped release another vehicle similarly overcome with snow-remorse.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Working on day 3 of blizzard here. About damned time! But then, I don't have to plow- I go to work by ATV or snow machine anyway. Gonna make tundra travel a whole lot smoother.

Ok, I had to go dig my wife's duty car out yesterday. Apparently after growing up in MT and 40 years in Alaska, she has yet to learn that a 2-wheel van with street tires isn't the thing to try to power through a 2 foot deep wind packed drift in the parking lot. Gotta get close to the door, you know....

And then, since I had the shovel on the snow machine on the way home via the PO anyway, I helped release another vehicle similarly overcome with snow-remorse.

Laughing out loud!!! Love the "Whizzer of OTZ" signature.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
randy-

As my pard says...
If it ain't one thing...its two.

As warm as yall are, be glad it ain't raining! You're warmer than the nanner belt here!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
randy-

As my pard says...

As warm as yall are, be glad it ain't raining! You're warmer than the nanner belt here!

Truer words never spoken, other plow gave up the ghost during Sunday mop up endeavors.

F me running

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Take off

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
randy-

As my pard says...

Watched closely there to see if you bitched about the weather. I was prepared to out you as a snowbird, Mr. Sandy Pants.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Well, it's about 85* colder than a week ago!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My turn Mike

Me and sprout loaded one plow,into back of truck and I dropped it off yesterday

Also put the old plow truck on a flat bed roller and took it to get tranny worked on

Hope to get em both back this week. Hope to anyway

Cause Saturday I'm turning into mr sandy pants

Put my toes in the water and azz in the sand

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If'n you moved south to Delta, all that would be mo better!

No snow plows needed as the wind blows the snow to Fairbanks...or maybe it's sucked up there!

There's a farm for sale here at $7.2 million.....fenced too!
A great place to raise chickens.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
My turn Mike

Cause Saturday I'm turning into mr sandy pants

Put my toes in the water and azz in the sand

Ima betting you enjoy it!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ya could come visit down here....

We have had 20, then 90 and then 30s again.

Yesterday it was 87, low this morning, 46, high today 60s, Thur same, friday high 40s, lows in 20s on the weekend, highs Monday upper 80s... Ugh, I think thats worse than just hot or just cold.

Enjoy the toes!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VernAK
If'n you moved south to Delta, all that would be mo better!

No snow plows needed as the wind blows the snow to Fairbanks...or maybe it's sucked up there!

There's a farm for sale here at $7.2 million.....fenced too!
A great place to raise chickens.

Vern, It's not that big hay farm outside of town where the bison sometimes congregate is it?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's out off Sawmill Creek Road......about 6K acres....mostly high fenced. About half of the bison harvest was on this land prior to fencing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 38 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.