Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I knew you were good but I didn't know you were THAT GOOD ! laugh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey Ed. Plenty of good advice here. I have caught several cats with my Victor #1 3\4, but if you're buying go with Field Grade's advice. As FG said, they aren't that smart. Left-over fried chicken bones work. I buy my lure from Wayne Derrick Lures out of NM. I'd like a look at those Newhouse, Tx. Trappers Assn. Rendevous is in Brownwood now. Long ways for you. Good Luck!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I knew you were good but I didn't know you were THAT GOOD ! laugh

Yea....it cuts down on the catch circle so I can reuse the site..... wink grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[quote=ol_mike]I knew you were good but I didn't know you were THAT GOOD ! laugh

Yea....it cuts down on the catch circle so I can reuse the site..... wink grin [/quote

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW great thinking !! laugh

Trapping season starts in 1 1/2 hrs. here December 1st. -I'm headed out tomorrow morning . Of coarse I'm just a man of meager skills .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
#2 and up coils are fine. Wing on a string to attract them, or a CD hanging even though I like wings....

Sticks to guide and guide their step. They are not smart.

Lure as noted.

Box or live traps work fine too, I brush mine in a bit or up under a cedar or such and some more cover. They don't mind going in box traps.

I'd not use a killer trap due to domestic animals personally.

We have em here at home too, they'll eat a lot of things, have a pic off the game camera this year one carrying a squirrel. Don't hurt much unless numbers are up.

But they are simple to catch compared to yotes for me anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by poboy
Hey Ed. Plenty of good advice here. I have caught several cats with my Victor #1 3\4, but if you're buying go with Field Grade's advice. As FG said, they aren't that smart. Left-over fried chicken bones work. I buy my lure from Wayne Derrick Lures out of NM. I'd like a look at those Newhouse, Tx. Trappers Assn. Rendevous is in Brownwood now. Long ways for you. Good Luck!

Mike, You forget where I'm from. I've driven farther than that for a beer and a game of 8 ball. grin I've not been to a Trappers Rendezvous. Sounds like a cool place to learn some stuff.

I've been offline bird hunting in KS for a bit. Back home now and will dig those traps out. I'll take some pics and post them for comment/advice.

Thanks again to all for your wisdom. The cat is still here and still needs killin'.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bob Cats are easy to catch in a live trap. You need one with a partition or false room in the back. A live white chicken works best.

Here is the trick. Place brush on all three sides and the top. The cat will run right down the tunnel to get the chicken.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My favorite trap is a BMI K-9 wolfer. It is a #2 with forged offset jaws and four springs. BMI is a small family business here in the good ol US. I use them for cats and coyotes.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Smac1
My favorite trap is a BMI K-9 wolfer. It is a #2 with forged offset jaws and four springs. BMI is a small family business here in the good ol US. I use them for cats and coyotes.

Thank you, sir!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I always favored Montgomery #3 coils when I trapped cat and coyote. Trail sets with guide sticks or dirt holes. Looking forward to doing some more when I retire soon.
PS> FieldGrade that is one nice Tom in that first picture unless you are only 4ft tall!

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
184 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.