Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Rich, it sounds like a good pattern size for grouses. AKA grice.

LOL
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
I took it to the range. Before the "repair" it would regularly fire five Yellow Jackets into 5/8". After the "repair" it will fire five Yellow Jackets into a patter of 5".

By the way, Kp321, this rifle had a modified extractor that extracted unfired rounds and just wore out.
If you new what was wrong(extractor),why didn't you fix it yourself?A 10 minute job at the most.I think the only way to get 5 yellow jackets in a 5/8" group at 50 yards would be to shoot 50 and pick out the best 5.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Recently my 10/22 would not fire every time so I took it all apart and cleaned everything and lubed it. It still wouldn't fired every time and I could not eject an unfired cartridge.

What is wrong with some gunsmiths. Yesterday I took it to a 'smith. I asked him to replace the firing pin spring with a new one and replace the hook that pulls the unfired cartridge from the chamber. I didn't think I needed to tell him it has a custom match chamber. He called me today and told me it was ready.

When I picked it up he told me the chamber was too tight so he reamed it out! Say what?! I told him I have fired hundreds if not thousands of rounds with it set up the way it was. He told me it was not right so he fixed it. I asked if he installed the new hook and spring. He told me they were fine and charged me $50. mad

Pleased it happened to you because stupid should bloody well hurt.

Twit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The little hook that pulls the unfired cartridge would not pull the unfired cartridge out of the chamber. It also would not fire most of the time. There was no problem with the chamber since I fired several bricks through the rifle prior to the recent problem? Why would a 'smith cut the chamber with the requests of put a new hook in and new striker spring in?

hundreds if not thousands

So, which is it you miserable lying turd.

Several bricks...or thousands.

Warning...everything the ring-clown says is suspect.

Last edited by JSTUART; 01/15/17.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimH
I took it to the range. Before the "repair" it would regularly fire five Yellow Jackets into 5/8". After the "repair" it will fire five Yellow Jackets into a patter of 5".

By the way, Kp321, this rifle had a modified extractor that extracted unfired rounds and just wore out.
If you new what was wrong(extractor),why didn't you fix it yourself?A 10 minute job at the most.I think the only way to get 5 yellow jackets in a 5/8" group at 50 yards would be to shoot 50 and pick out the best 5.

You're showing your prejudice. This rifle has a barrel weight. I used the idea if two Yellow Jackets are not close together three won't be. With each two shot "group" I dialed the barrel weight about a 32 of an inch until it was a consistent 5/8" at fifty yards.

Since the chamber is so sloppy I can't get any consistency. I think I will buy another barrel and start over.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, you've got consistency alright.

It would appear you consistently screw up every firearm you dink around with.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Oh, you've got consistency alright.

It would appear you consistently screw up every firearm you dink around with.

GTC

Only person that won't ever figure that out is Wrongman.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rechamber job may have introduced some headspace as well. Of course the 10/22 is a different beast, but I fought poor groups with a 77/22 until I found a thread on shimming the bolt to eliminate headspace. A 0.007 shim in the bolt turned it into 1 moa rifle. Had that not worked, it would have been off for a new barrel.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm going to have to call complete, and utter bs.

1) Ain't no way yellow jackets are going to group 5/8" at 50 yds.

2)Ain't no way you ran bricks of yellow jackets through a match chamber with no problems, and now have failures to fire and extract. Because, there's no way you can get through 100 rds of yellow jackets without a failure to fire.

3) Ain't no way after a slightly cleanup in the chamber a match 22 barrel is going to shoot 5".

I did have a green mountain match barrel for my 10/22 that was very fickle about feeding and ejecting and the accuracy was only slightly better than the factory barrel. Sent it back to Brownells, got a Clark match barrel and now it'll feed and extract anything I feed it, and 10 shot 50 yd groups are a bit over 1" for bulk fodder and 1/2" for preferred match fodder.

Last edited by 458 Lott; 01/18/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
this rifle had a modified extractor that extracted unfired rounds and just wore out.

Don't suppose a fella might ask, "modified" by WHOM .
Or "Modified" HOW
Or "Wore out" WHERE.
....oh, forget it, none of us would understand all the complexities.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.