Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Like alot of guys, I used the tall Harris bipod for my calling chores. It took a long time,, but finally had enough and decided to get something else to make up for what I thought was lacking for my use. Main bitch was it didn't have enough range when sitting up on steeper hillsides....too short for down or too tall for up, tough to move in the snow, and didn't swing for chit.

I was planning on a trigger stick of some sort, but ended up with the shortest Bog-Pod tripod that adjusts from 6" to 40", which more than covers any scenario for calling. While it worked OK, it still needed a little help. When using the Harris while calling, I always had the gun rested up to my shoulder for minimal movement for when a varmint showed up. With the Bog-Pod and it's generic U shaped rest, I needed/wanted something better.

At first I tried a cloth bungee cord wrapped over the gun/scope & under the rest. Worked kinda OK, but not ideal. Finally got the brainstorm to cut two small triangle wedges out of a broadhead target, and wrap them up with black tape. It took a couple three times to get the right squeeze on the foam. When I thought I had them perfect, after a day or two the tape/foam would relax a bit, and make it too loose. The goal was to get the gun snug enough in the rest that it would just sit there, but easy enough to grab and go if need be.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've using it now for 4-5 years and think I've found Nirnava...

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks good Aalf!

FWIW, a bunch of wraps with non-adhesive coban type tape works well too. You can make either side as thick as you need. The tape compresses enough for a stable press fit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Great minds think alike.....I'll cancel the patent..... grin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.